Should Nick Diaz Be Included in UFC Hall of Fame?

They were incompetent... Or at least I should correct that & say 2 of the 3 judges were clearly incompetent....they were totally off the mark by judging that fight 49-46 (that is what I meant by them being incompetent).....There is no way that Condit won the 5th round... A round in which, 80% of the fans gave to Diaz. Furthermore, the one judge who had it close, gave the second round to Condit/ despite over 70% of the fans giving it Diaz... This was a fight that should have been a SD, at the least. I truly believe Diaz won, but I can see how some people might want to give it to Condit (But at the end of the day 55% to 41% of the fans...the people who fund the sport... agree according to the best score collecting site, imo)

Anyways, My point was that it was a close fight & the fans gave it to Diaz.... The fact that those judges (2 of which, only had Diaz winning one round) said other wise is somewhat dubious...Due to the final scorecards.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/3295/Carlos-Condit-vs-Nick-Diaz

If you're going to be all rational and reasonable I don't know how we're supposed to fight abut this.

3 Judges from the incompetent NSAC gave condit that decision. Congrats, to the natural born sprinter, but the fans know whats up.

ScreenShot2015-01-15at53234AM_zps492bfbe9.png

Any chart is only as good as the data it represents.

He beat the current WW champ, when he was a huge underdog. (still the only man to ko Lawler iirc)

He beat the #1lw in the world in Gomi, when he was a huge underdog. (with the rarely seen gogo)

He beat the absolute shit out of BJ Penn, a 2 division champ/legend. Diaz retired a legend in Penn.

He beat the absolute shit out of Frank Shamrock, former UFC & SF champ/legend, at a higher weight than Nick was used to. Diaz retired another legend in Shamrock.

He has a good chance imo to beat Anderson Silva in a couple weeks (we'll see). He may retire his THIRD legend.

He's also beaten Paul Daley, the previous #1 or #2 UFC WW contender.
He beat (imo) Carlos Condit, the #1 UFC WW contender.

He's just never gotten the UFC gold. Which is part of what makes this issue a little tricky. He's also one of those guys that you can't just look at fightfinder and understand their career. Most of us that were there watching him along the way, understand how damn good that kid really was, and how many times he's shocked the entire sport with his upset wins.

Robbie was not that good of a fighter when he beat him, Penn was old and washed up and Shamrock was even older and more washed up.

Nick has a 1-6 record vs top 10 WWs. He lost against the best fighters in his first UFC run, left the UFC and beat a bunch of unranked fighters while avoiding wrestlers for 7 years and then he lost again when he came back to the UFC. He hasn't done shit in MMA. If he is in might as well add Matt Brown and Joe Stevenson too.

Nick is just not that great of a fighter.

Hell no. all hes done in his most recwnt run is beat a past prime penn at ww.

And no matter how you want to spin it he lost to condit. Condit took at least 3 rounds and there is an argument for 4. Just because he point fought doesnt invalidate the win.

Gomi win is super legit, but the win over an aging Shamrock isnt meaningful, and the Daly win is only decent,given how mediocre Daley has been for years.

-Strikeforce belt.Good, but not a HOF acomplishment
-WEC belt. Joke belt
-KO'd the current UFC WW champ. Who was less experienced at the time than Nick
-Gogoplata'd the LW GOAT. Overturned
-Beat the living crap of the other LW GOAT (Baby Jay). BFD, Penn isn't even acting like he cares anymore
-Beat a couple of legends (Frank Shamrock, Mach). Any in their primes? didn't think so

I don't know if he deserves a spot, but his resume is hard to ignore.

EDIT:
@MyIQ: haha, great minds think alike.

So the answer is no

Ts, you should of listed all his memorable work. I really don't see him deserving the honor, but maybe I am missing something?

Diaz's best wins are over guys well past their prime and held titles outside the ufc in divisions that were not fragmented like the hw and lhw division with pride and ufc, or the lw division during wec and ufc periods. I'm not saying all titles held by fighters outside the ufc are not HOF worthy, but diaz's sf and wec titles are not hof worthy. Diaz also did not even TRY to defend the wec title he won.

Last edited:
Ts, you should of listed all his memorable work. I really don't see him deserving the honor, but maybe I am missing something?

Diaz is a good fighter and very entertaining. The guy is tough as hell but that does not get you into the hall of fame. You're not missing anything.

His best wins are over guys well past their prime and held titles outside the ufc in divisions that were not fragmented like the hw and lhw division with pride and ufc, or the lw division during wec and pride periods. Im not saying all titles held by fighters outside the ufc are not HOF worthy, but diaz's sf and wec titles are not hof worthy.

I did in a later post, but you're right. I'll add this to my OP.

He beat the current WW champ, when he was a huge underdog. (still the only man to ko Lawler iirc)

He beat the #1lw in the world in Gomi, when he was a huge underdog. (with the rarely seen gogo)

He beat the absolute shit out of BJ Penn, a 2 division champ/legend. Diaz retired a legend in Penn.

He beat the absolute shit out of Frank Shamrock, former UFC & SF champ/legend, at a higher weight than Nick was used to. Diaz retired another legend in Shamrock.

He has a good chance imo to beat Anderson Silva in a couple weeks (we'll see). He may retire his THIRD legend.

He's also beaten Paul Daley, the previous #1 or #2 UFC WW contender.
He beat (imo) Carlos Condit, the #1 UFC WW contender.

He's just never gotten the UFC gold. Which is part of what makes this issue a little tricky. He's also one of those guys that you can't just look at fightfinder and understand their career. Most of us that were there watching him along the way, understand how damn good that kid really was, and how many times he's shocked the entire sport with his upset wins.

MMA HOF: Yes

UFC HOF: No

Besides, I'd rather be included in the former rather than the latter.

Is his UFC record as good as Mask's?

Whats with idiots ripping mask? He is in the ufc under the builders category. New fans always seem to hate on tapout and not know how much money and support that crew gave to fighters before many or any other companies. I'd personally never wear tapout gear, but to hate on mask being in there is just dumb. Its like people don't get other sports HOF's have non-athletes in there as well.

Diaz doesn't even deserve to be in a mma hof, but I do agree with you in that an impartial mma hof is needed and would be much more respected.

MMA hall of fame? He beat a LW gomi and that's pretty impressive, but what else has he done to be in the MMA hall of fame? Beat a bunch of unranked fighters and Paul fucking Daley? Thats not MMA hall of fame worthy

I could go with this.

Why the hell hasn't somebody created an mma HOF yet? Fedor Emelianenko NOT being in any mma HOF should be a freaking crime. Same with Frank Shamrock and many others.

Yup, only guy to fight BJ, GSP and Anderson. What does he have to do? Fight Jones and Aldo too?

Not that Dana's little popularity club even matters.

For being a bad company man and quite possibly the biggest drama king/ head case in the history of combat sports?
I'd watch Nick any day of the week because he brings it every time but his childish behavior and shitty attitude has just gotten old.
That said, I do t think he's a HOF fighter with a good attitude. If he were an ass kissing company man he'd likely get in.
To Nicks credit I doubt he gives a shit about the UFC HOF.

Let's compare Diaz to UFC HOF member Stephan Bonnar.

Pro Debut: Aug. 31, 2001 (Nick), Nov. 10, 2001 (Stephan)
UFC debut: UFC 44 - Sep. 26, 2003 (Nick), TUF 1 Finale - Apr. 9, 2005 (Stephan)

Record: 26-9 (Nick), 15-9 (Stephan)
UFC record: 7-6 (Nick), 8-7 (Stephan)

Notable career wins
Nick's notable career wins include:
- BJ Penn
- Gomi (by gogoplata)
- Frank Shamrock (by TKO)
- Robbie Lawler (by KO)

Stephan's notable career wins include:
- Keith Jardine
- Sam Hoger

Main Events:
Nick Diaz:
UFC
- UFC 158 - St. Pierre vs. Diaz
- UFC 143 - Diaz vs. Condit
- UFC 137 - Penn vs. Diaz
- The Ultimate Fighter 2 Finale
Other televised/PPV main events
- Strikeforce - Diaz vs. Daley
- Strikeforce - Diaz vs. Cyborg
- Strikeforce - Diaz vs. Noons 2
- Strikeforce - Shamrock vs. Diaz
- Dream - Dream 14
- EliteXC - Renegade

Stephan Bonnar:
UFC
- UFC Fight Night - Bonnar vs. Jardine
- UFC 153 - Silva vs. Bonnar
Other televised/PPV main events
- Bellator 131 - Tito vs. Bonnar

MMA accomplishments (source: wikipedia):
Nick Diaz
Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Fight of the Night (One time) vs. B.J. Penn
- Submission of the Night (One time) vs. Josh Neer

Strikeforce Strikeforce
- Welterweight Championship (One time; First)
- Most successful welterweight title defenses in Strikeforce (Three)
- Most consecutive welterweight title defenses in Strikeforce (Three)

World Extreme Cagefighting
- WEC Welterweight Championship (One time; First)

International Fighting Championship
- IFC U.S. Welterweight Championship (One time)
- IFC Americas Welterweight Championship (One time)

Sherdog Awards 2011
- Round of the Year vs. Paul Daley on April 9; Round 1
- 2011 All-Violence First Team

Inside Fights 2007
- Fight of the Year vs. Takanori Gomi on February 24

Stephan Bonnar
Ultimate Fighting Championship
- The Ultimate Fighter 1 (Runner-up)
- Fight of the Night (One time) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski on July 3, 2010

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Fight of the Year (2005) vs. Forrest Griffin on April 9

Bonner is in the HOF because TUF1 finale brought more new fans to MMA/UFC than any one fight, ever, period.

And he was a good company man.

Diaz, hasn't done, nor isn't, any of these things or really anything else HOF worthy...so no, he's not ever gonna be there.

Whats with idiots ripping mask? He is in the ufc under the builders category. New fans always seem to hate on tapout and not know how much money and support that crew gave to fighters before many or any other companies.

True. No doubt a lot of the 1st and 2nd generation mma legends would not have been able to become legends and keep doing mma if it hadn't been for that 1 company and the sponsorship money they put out to the fighters.

You guys remember that Tapout show they used to have? Where they would pick up an unknown prospect and travel around and train with them? I enjoyed that and miss it now.

Back