Should Nick Diaz Be Included in UFC Hall of Fame?

^ couldn't have said it better myself. Except for the very last sentence. We all know the UFC HOF is kind of a joke and people don't care about it much, but right now it's the only mma HOF there is, and imo Nick Diaz should be in there. Dana needs to acknowledge Frank Shamrock too.

Don't be scared, homie.

Anyone that has not won a belt in UFC (unless Strikeforce champions are included) should not even be considered for UFC Hall of Fame imo.....and I'm a huge Diaz fan. You can bump this thread if/when he fights LAwler and wins the title and then we can consider it. but even at that I would still say no, but if he defended it a couple times, I'd say yes. But for now, he's fought some really big names but has not beaten them (yet). So only future time will tell.

Last edited:
Anyone that has not won a belt in UFC (unless Strikeforce champions are included) should not even be considered for UFC Hall of Fame imo.....

Wasn't Nick the Strikeforce WW champ, and defended it a few times, right? In fact, I think he was SF's last ww champ, but I'm not sure on that.

I may have misinterpreted what you said about SF champs being included. Not sure how you meant that.

Wasn't Nick the Strikeforce WW champ, and defended it a few times, right? In fact, I think he was SF's last ww champ, but I'm not sure on that.

I may have misinterpreted what you said about SF champs being included. Not sure how you meant that.

More afraid of me than your boy was of Mayhem lol

Nate Marquardt was the last Strikforce WW champion.

Why don't we put him in the HoF?

He's had an even longer and storied career, ups and downs. Great KOs and subs.

Fought for titles in multiple organizations including the UFC, and even won a few.

He beat the piss out of Tyon Woodley and I doubt Diaz could do that today.

Fought for titles in multiple organizations including the UFC, and even won a few.

Actually Tarec Saffeidine was the last Strikeforce Welterweight champion.

Errrr..... Why?

Why not let in every guy who has had an average UFC career in too. Belcher anyone? How about Overeem?

I like Marquardt, but i've always kind of been indfifferent about him. But I just looked up his record. Holy crap! I never realized how many big names Marquardt has fought. Not joking here, his record is awesome. He's fought everybody! It's kinda like Babaloo's career. Babaloo fought everybody from Fedor on down. But Marquardt and Sobral never could catch on with the fans. You're not gonna be in the HOF if only a few fans know who you are. That's just the reality of it I guess.

Actually Tarec Saffeidine was the last Strikeforce Welterweight champion.

haha no worries, I didn't know who the last SF ww champ was. Thought Diaz went over to the UFC when they bought out Strikesforce. But I remember now something about Diaz getting picked up by the UFC before SF was bought out.

Condit clearly won the fight. Watch the fight again without your rose colored glasses on.

You can say he was running and all this other BS all you want. Its called a strategy. Why in the blue hell would Condit allow Diaz to pressure him against the fence and throw combinations where he's most dangerous? He fought a perfect game plan and won the fight.

Condit should really be sorry he didn't fight the way Diaz and his fans wanted him to fight. He should have just stood there against the fence and let Diaz punch him repeatedly. Maybe that would have satisfied his delusional fan base.

Come to think of it, Carlos most likely fought that way just because he wanted the title shot at GSP. I imagine at any other time, when less was on the line, Carlos would've actually dog-fought Nick, and we would've gotten the crazy ass fight we were promised. I still would love to see THAT fight. Probably would've been FOTY.

Come to think of it, Carlos most likely fought that way just because he wanted the title shot at GSP. I imagine at any other time, when less was on the line, Carlos would've actually dog-fought Nick, and we would've gotten the crazy ass fight we were promised. I still would love to see THAT fight. Probably would've been FOTY.

You know Condit use plenty of movement in every fight right? Despite what Nick fans think, Condit has never been one to stand in the pocket and trade. Most people who think that have only seen his highlight reel

You know Condit use plenty of movement in every fight right? Despite what Nick fans think, Condit has never been one to stand in the pocket and trade. Most people who think that have only seen his highlight reel

I'll admit I haven't watched all Carlos's fights....but I've seen almost every Nick Diaz fight, multiple times. :)

HUGE Nick Diaz fan, he is easily my favorite fighter of all time, and I will defend him until I die...BUT....Nick Diaz shouldn't be anywhere near a Hall of Fame. Especially the UFC's. The fact that Bonnar is in the HoF is laughable, but no need to ruin the credibility even more by including an undeserving Nick Diaz.

He needs a lot more wins.

HUGE Nick Diaz fan, he is easily my favorite fighter of all time, and I will defend him until I die...BUT....Nick Diaz shouldn't be anywhere near a Hall of Fame. Especially the UFC's. The fact that Bonnar is in the HoF is laughable, but no need to ruin the credibility even more by including an undeserving Nick Diaz.

Bonnar is only in because of one fight. It elevated the UFC far higher into the mainstream. There are some laughable people (non fighters even) that are in.

Back