Should Nick Diaz Be Included in UFC Hall of Fame?

If the Hall of Fame as a smoking section, yes he should be included.

So, slightly more than half of fans think Diaz won? According to that, 50.6% of respondents gave Diaz the fight either 48-47 or 49-46. I don't think that was as telling as you thought it was.

Look at the pie-graph summary on the bottom. Its 55% to 41 (guess there were others scores that weren't as popular that were not displayed in the table). The point that I was making was that it was a close fight and the majority of fight fans had it for Diaz by a margin of about what....14%.... Which counters the Diaz bashers who try to down play the man's success in the octagon/make it seem like Condit ran away with that fight or was a superiorly better fighter that night against Diaz.

So, slightly more than half of fans think Diaz won? According to that, 50.6% of respondents gave Diaz the fight either 48-47 or 49-46. I don't think that was as telling as you thought it was.

Not only that, but the graph is apparently missing some votes. Those percentages only account for 92.5%. For all we know the other 7.5% are in favor of Condit 48-47, which would make the figures much closer.

Not only that, but the graph is apparently missing some votes. Those percentages only account for 92.5%. For all we know the other 7.5% are in favor of Condit 48-47, which would make the figures much closer.

Again, The summary at the bottom accounts for the missing votes (like people who may have scored all the rounds for Diaz or all the rounds for Condit ... The initial percentages, are the most popular scores~http://www.mmadecisions.com/
^ Live it, learn it, love it...

And Jeremy Horn beat Chuck Liddell once. Does that mean he should be in the UFC HOF too? Just like Horn, Nick beat Robbie a long, long, LONG time before Robbie won the belt.

There is a poll thread right now about which guy would win that fight today. Most sherdoggers think Nick would win that fight again if it happened now. And I am one of them. Robbie has gotten better but so has Nick.

How did he retire BJ when BJ came back and fought two more times after Diaz lol

Because BJ literally retired right after he faced Nick. Some of us remember that. Yeah he came back, but he retired after Nick. That's what fighting Nick Diaz does to legends. It makes them think they don't want to do this shit anymore. And that should tell you something.

By the time Nick fought Frank, Frank was 37 years old and hadn't fought in over a year.

Always an excuse with you Diaz haters, huh. You'll say the same thing if he beats Anderson, too. I know you will.

Daley wasn't the "#2 or #1 welterweight contender". Daley was barely ranked in the top ten when Diaz fought him, for that matter Nick was barely ranked in the top ten at the time.

Daley had just fought Koscheck for the title shot and TUF coach job. Remember? So yeah, he was the #1 or #2 contender at the time. He just got booted from the UFC for that late punch on Kos. And Nick ko'd his ass in 1 round son. Fought him at his own game too.

I won't deny that Nick is an incredible athlete in this sport, and has always been a tough fight for almost anyone.

I agree with you here.

No. But I don't think it should be as easy as it is to get in.

Considering the UFC Hall of Fame is effectively a joke to begin with, sure why not.

Basically this. But if there was ever a legitimate hof then I would say no.

Look at the pie-graph summary on the bottom. Its 55% to 41 (guess there were others scores that weren't as popular that were not displayed in the table). The point that I was making was that it was a close fight and the majority of fight fans had it for Diaz by a margin of about what....14%.... Which counters the Diaz bashers who try to down play the man's success in the octagon/make it seem like Condit ran away with that fight or was a superiorly better fighter that night against Diaz.

If you look at the first round scoring, 2.5% had Diaz 10-7, so the numbers at the top seem to ignore the garbage numbers - if you didn't score the fight 48-47 (or at most 49-46) for one or the other, you don't deserve to have your opinion included, I guess.

If your point is/was that the fight was close, of course you're right. Your post with the graph referred to the three judges as "incompetent" and noted that the fans knew "what's up." That implied, to me, that you thought Diaz obviously won and that anyone who disagreed with you was "incompetent." If that was not your point, than I apologize.

Again, The summary at the bottom accounts for the missing votes (like people who may have scored all the rounds for Diaz or all the rounds for Condit ... The initial percentages, are the most popular scores~http://www.mmadecisions.com/
^ Live it, learn it, love it...

Maybe it's you who should learn it lol

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/3295/Carlos-Condit-vs-Nick-Diaz

So one guy of the seven media outlets tapped for the fight scored it for Nick and you think there's a serious case for Nick having won the fight?

Daley had just fought Koscheck for the title shot and TUF coach job. Remember? So yeah, he was the #1 or #2 contender at the time. He just got booted from the UFC for that late punch on Kos. And Nick ko'd his ass in 1 round son. Fought him at his own game too.

Daley fought Koscheck a year before he fought Diaz, and he had four fights in between, two of which he missed weight for. It's not like he fought him one fight removed from the Kos fight.

If your point is/was that the fight was close, of course you're right. Your post with the graph referred to the three judges as "incompetent" and noted that the fans knew "what's up." That implied, to me, that you thought Diaz obviously won and that anyone who disagreed with you was "incompetent." If that was not your point, than I apologize.

They were incompetent... Or at least I should correct that & say 2 of the 3 judges were clearly incompetent....they were totally off the mark by judging that fight 49-46 (that is what I meant by them being incompetent).....There is no way that Condit won the 5th round... A round in which, 80% of the fans gave to Diaz. Furthermore, the one judge who had it close, gave the second round to Condit/ despite over 70% of the fans giving it Diaz... This was a fight that should have been a SD, at the least. I truly believe Diaz won, but I can see how some people might want to give it to Condit (But at the end of the day 55% to 41% of the fans...the people who fund the sport... agree according to the best score collecting site, imo)

Anyways, My point was that it was a close fight & the fans gave it to Diaz.... The fact that those judges (2 of which, only had Diaz winning one round) said other wise is somewhat dubious...Due to the final scorecards.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/3295/Carlos-Condit-vs-Nick-Diaz

Last edited:
That's fair.

This is also fair. We really do need an impartial HOF for the sport.

Agreed. An impartial MMA HOF would be great. I'm pretty sure Nick would belong in an MMA HOF. His run in Strike force was pretty damn good. I know it wasn't against the best opposition but he still won the belt and kicked a lot of ass.

Do strikeforce accomplishments count as UFC accomplishments?

If not, no.
If so, maybe, but unlikely.

There is a poll thread right now about which guy would win that fight today. Most sherdoggers think Nick would win that fight again if it happened now. And I am one of them. Robbie has gotten better but so has Nick.

That's great. But "I think he would..."s don't make resume's. He beat Robbie almost 11 years ago. His victory over the current welterweight champ is almost old enough to be in highschool...

Because BJ literally retired right after he faced Nick. Some of us remember that. Yeah he came back, but he retired after Nick. That's what fighting Nick Diaz does to legends. It makes them think they don't want to do this shit anymore. And that should tell you something.

BJ never announced retirement after the Diaz fight, he did say he wasn't sure he'd ever come back because he didn't know if he could keep doing "this" to his family and such. But he never explicitly said he was retired.

Always an excuse with you Diaz haters, huh. You'll say the same thing if he beats Anderson, too. I know you will.

It's not an excuse so much as a fact. Frank was 37 years old, and hadn't fought in over a year. This is what we like to call math. The math is there. I'm not even a Diaz hater, I like the guy just fine as a fighter and have always liked watching him fight. But acting like his resume is elite is complete horse shit. Even his greatest accomplishments are largely a matter of favorable circumstance. The only top guy Nick has ever taken on and beaten while they were still at the top was Gomi.

Oh you mean the fight with Koscheck that happened 11 months prior to the Diaz fight? Daley was literally four fights removed from the Koscheck incident, against subpar competition mind you. Not to mention he got dominated in the fight with Koscheck lol. How does getting absolutely neutralized for three rounds and the only meaningful strike landed coming after the bell make him a top contender? Get out of here with that, son.

Last edited:
I think its stupid if they don't add some fighters that are HOF material that were not champions, I mean look at the NFL HOF, They have many players that weren't champions. Dan Marino main example. a HOF should include top quality fighters and not just champions.

Right. That doesnt include nick diaz.

Back