Should Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira retire after losing at UFC 190?

Personally, however, I believe Minotauro is taking up valuable room on the UFC roster

see this i dont agree with. People love nog and will watch him fight because he is a goddamned legend. I just think he should retire because he hasnt got it anymore,and is dropping fights to guys he shouldnt. If he thinks he shouldnt retire now,he probaby never will and sometimes guys need to be saved from themselves.

see this i dont agree with. People love nog and will watch him fight because he is a goddamned legend. I just think he should retire because he hasnt got it anymore,and is dropping fights to guys he shouldnt. If he thinks he shouldnt retire now,he probaby never will and sometimes guys need to be saved from themselves.

Totally respect your viewpoint, and readily accept the fact I may be in the minority (Minotaurity?). However, I'm less about nostalgia/legend status and more about exciting fights with new fighters, these days.

Totally respect your viewpoint, and readily accept the fact I may be in the minority (Minotaurity?). However, I'm less about nostalgia/legend status and more about exciting fights with new fighters, these days.

in the hw division though there arent many. Nog would be one of those hws that draw some money.

What happened to the thread??

I voted no. He didn't look too bad against Stefan Skyscraper, who just has the tools and size to make Big Nog look bad. Big Nog needs an opponent like CroCop or Mitrione so he can shine.

God I would love to see Nog fight CC then retire, what a waste the Struve fight was.

No, he should fight Cro Cop one more time before retiring.

in the hw division though there arent many. Nog would be one of those hws that draw some money.

All true, but I'd still rather watch up and comers get their fair shot and be groomed; we need a "New Breed 2.0" since Mir and Werdum screwed up the last graduating class.

All true, but I'd still rather watch up and comers get their fair shot and be groomed; we need a "New Breed 2.0" since Mir and Werdum screwed up the last graduating class.

id like to see it too,but the prospects seem dim at the moment.

Nog is one of my favorite fighters.
And while personally I wish he retired back when he beat Brendan Schaub in Brazil, fighters will fight for as long as they feel the urge to do so.

I mean, if he was being knocked out like Lidell, I'd understand. But he is not.

he was submitted by Werdum - No shame in that
He was KO'd by Hunt - No shame in that either.
He took Struve to a decision - while not the best result, his style didn't work well with the size of Struve

So no. I'd watch more fights from Nog.

Pretty much every other HW other than Struve would've KO'ed Big Nog. He looked old, slow and could've passed for a moving dummy or mobile heavy bag.

He's been done for about 3 years. But if he wants to fight again fuck it.. Grant the legend his wishes and let him.. The damage to him long term has already been done.

Nog is one of my favorite fighters.
And while personally I wish he retired back when he beat Brendan Schaub in Brazil, fighters will fight for as long as they feel the urge to do so.

I mean, if he was being knocked out like Lidell, I'd understand. But he is not.

he was submitted by Werdum - No shame in that
He was KO'd by Hunt - No shame in that either.
He took Struve to a decision - while not the best result, his style didn't work well with the size of Struve

So no. I'd watch more fights from Nog.

Big Country put him in a casket and he was missing an arm when he went in because of Mir. No shame in that either... Lots of people are missing limbs in caskets.

Nog is a shadowey shell now. No more main card fights at the least!

Of course. He has nothing left to prove, and very little left to prove it with. He needs to hang 'em up.

God I would love to see Nog fight CC then retire, what a waste the Struve fight was.

He's calling for a last fight with Mir which I think is a bad decision too. Mir already beat him decisively twice (I would say owned him twice but I want to be respectful to a legend) so I'd be surprised if he accepted another fight against Nog, considering he's on a career up-tick and Nog is sliding hard.

Unfortunately nogs time is up. He probably should've retired before this fight tbh

He should have retired after the Werdum fight. Despite it being a loss, it was a nice moment to go out on.

That's some passive aggressive shit right there.

it is passive aggressive to say some shit you claim you arent saying,i agree. Just say what you mean from the beggining.

He should have retired after the Werdum fight. Despite it being a loss, it was a nice moment to go out on.

I wouldnt say anything about that was nice,but it woulda saved us all the trouble of seeing roy nelson ko him. A younger nog woulda been fast enough to move out of the way

Back