Should Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira retire after losing at UFC 190?

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira retire after losing at UFC 190?

rodrigo_pride_champ-1024x733.jpg

mma_e_couture11_576.jpg

Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira lost to 27 year old Stefan Struve at UFC 190 via unanimous decision. He has accomplished a lot in MMA and is 39 years old. Is it time for him to retire?

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Update:

‘Minotauro’ Nogueira not ready to commit to retirement yet

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/6/9098143/minotauro-nogueira-not-ready-to-commit-to-retirement-yet

Last edited:
What happened to the thread??

I voted no. He didn't look too bad against Stefan Skyscraper, who just has the tools and size to make Big Nog look bad. Big Nog needs an opponent like CroCop or Mitrione so he can shine.

That's his way of life, if he wants to keep fighting, more power to him.

thats the problem- he needs more power to him.

he shouldnt retire after UFC 190,

he should retire before it.

Attempt #2: Electric Boogaloo.

Shogun vs Big Nog next

Struve looked great. Big Nog looked like he always does.

He shouldn't, b/c he didnt get KTFO this time, so he should try it one more time and retire in great style.

It's too bad they can't make Nog fight Big Foot on the Brazilian circuit. They are both done, but who's to say either should retire.

If Nogueira were cut he may retire.

Give him a full on tomato can and let him retire on a win.

I voted yes, I just hate seeing this living legend get beat like he has been, and dont want him to hurt himself with long term damage
It breaks my heart because he got me to love mma and ultimately inspired me to train when I did

Mino, you have nothing to prove, you accomplished everything and are an inspiration with your heart, determination, and class

He's not going to retire he's got two fights left on his contract and he makes several hundred thousand dollars a fight. He knows he's not going to be champion again, he's fighting for retirement paychecks.

I think he should. He has nothing left to prove. He's a legend of the sport and he's clearly well past his prime. There's no need to suffer the punishment and endure the physical trauma and continue on. Strive would have been tooled by the old Nog. If he can't beat the likes of a middle of the roader like Struve he should hang up his gloves. I love the man and the fighter... I'd like to see him enjoy retirement being remembered as the legend he is and not as a shell of his former self.

he should but maybe bring in Potts for one more fight so Big Nog can go out on a win (I hope)

When such a great and exciting fighter is reduced to hugging against the cage because he can't generate any other offense, it's time to go

Back