shooting in Seattle Pacific university

Lol even when an armed bad guy gets successfully stopped and arrested by non lethal force Byron tries to turn it round to evidence of more guns being required.

You need a better argument here. Why did he use the pepper spray and not just jump on him if less if better.

So we come to which is more effective at stopping someone pepper spray or a gun?

In this case he made do with what he had which was a lot of courage and the pepper spray.

I live in Seattle...and I know a lot of liberals who have CWL's and go shooting on a regular basis.

Knock off the stupid generalizations..
LOL @ "too scary of liberals..."

This. I'm about as Liberal as it gets, live in Settle... and I'm carrying most places I go. Either on me or in my vehicle.

Byron, there's a lot of fail in this post. The first one is just ludacris (Where did you even get that) and the second one, even if true... isn't exactly what I call training someone to be a killer in the was that guy described.

People screaming at you and calling you names isn't used to train killers to shut down their emotions so that they can kill people better. It's to create a scenario in which you have to function at a high level in a high stress enviornment, among other things. None of which have to do with desensitizing people to the act of killing.

I can't post violent videos, even if they are real life, so I have to ask you to be intellectually honest and google search the following:

military kills puppies
special forces kills puppies

https://www.google.com/search?q=dhs..._vCY2zsASwpYFg&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1858&bih=1019

"high stress situations" including killing people.

You need a better argument here. Why did he use the pepper spray and not just jump on him if less if better.

So we come to which is more effective at stopping someone pepper spray or a gun?

In this case he made do with what he had which was a lot of courage and the pepper spray.
Im not making an arguement, im commenting on the fact that rather than celebrate the fact the bad guy got caught without lethal force Byron uses it as an
opportunity to push his pro agenda

Im not making an arguement, im commenting on the fact that rather than celebrate the fact the bad guy got caught without lethal force Byron uses it as an
opportunity to push his pro agenda

He got caught after he killed someone, and permanently altered the lives of at least two others, they will likely have to shit into bags, or have limbs amputated.. "full recoveries" from a shotgun blast, no matter where it hits you are very, very rare.

It's pretty clear that this brave guard was able to put a stop to this 'fairly early' with pepper spray, but dear god, this could have been another virginia tech.

The guards ability to stop a shooter goes up a million times if he has a firearm. And if there are multiple good people with firearms, utilizing concealed carry.. It may actually make these mass shootings futile.

A security guard, armed with Pepper Spray stopped an individual with a shotgun.

I've been pepper sprayed as part of my training, and if this shooter had any other weapon besides a shotgun, he would have been able to continue killing people for a good 10-15 seconds. Possibly avoided the spray all-together since he would have had less time reloading.

The security guard is a hero, and all security guards should be armed with at least a .38 revolver. Preferably a glock 22, but that weapon looks too scary for liberals.

I've been saying all along, the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a GOOD GUY with a gun.. or in this very rare case.. a good guy with pepper spray.

Need more concealed carry, and all guards should carry.

Or maybe guns should just be illegal.

Novel concept, that.

Maybe a US President will nut the fuck up and try to amend the Constitution. So the US can join the other first world countries.

The first item that came up was Snopes.com debunking it.

These false tales are not limited only to U.S. Marines, as they also attach to other special forces military units as a way of making those who serve in them appear more fearsome. The rumored heartless act is likewise not limited only to parenticide: In other versions, puppies or kittens the fledgling soldiers have cared for throughout their training are slain by them at its culmination:
My friend said he knows someone in the marines or some special military group and that at the begining of their training they are issued a puppy to keep them company. At the end of their training they are called into a room with their puppy and forced to slit their puppies throat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In training, Do US Navy Seals really have to raise a kitten and eventually kill it? I guess this is supposed to turn them into cold-blooded killing machines ...?
Sometimes the rumor assumes other forms in which the soldier-in-training is himself deliberately subjected to a near-death experience as part of the process of turning him into a member of an elite corps:
Is it true that Marines are drowned for a minute, and then revived as part of their training?
The lore about having to kill a loved one (relative or pet) is so well known that it even gets repackaged into stories meant to provoke guffaws:
I'm reminded of the old joke about SAS training, that at the end of training you had to walk into a room and shoot the person you find sitting in there.

The first two guys go in, see their wife sitting in the chair, throw the gun down and run out in disgust.

The last guy goes in, and the officers outside hear a bang, then a series of muffled thuds.

He comes out and says 'the gun was loaded with blanks, so I had to beat her to death with the chair.'
Another item of folklore that has to do with nascent Marines and the training they undergo is the humor offering "The Farm Kid's Letter Home."

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/military/murderer.asp#Ab8WyB3gbQYwmT2d.99

I'm telling you, regardless of what you heard... That would never happen. The idea that the US Military would have training in the form of raising and killing puppies is absurd. Have Marine's done it outside the scope of official training? Who knows... But it's not part of any school, that's for sure.

Novel concept, that.

Maybe a US President will nut the fuck up and try to amend the Constitution. So the US can join the other first world countries.

And how would the president go about that?

Novel concept, that.

Guns were illegal on this campus.

I'm sure that shooter walked past at least one "No Guns Allowed" sign.

Did it stop him? No. It stopped plenty of good-intentioned law-abiding citizens though.

Just like in the movie theater shooting. Law abiding citizens left their weapons in their car, and obeyed the law. The shooter didn't respect the law and massacred unarmed people.

And how would the president go about that?

Actually are there laws forbidding taking an amendment off of the bill of rights?

Obviously amendments have been added, but could the feds legally go back on one?

Guns were illegal on this campus.

I'm sure that shooter walked past at least one "No Guns Allowed" sign.

Did it stop him? No. It stopped plenty of good-intentioned law-abiding citizens though.

Just like in the movie theater shooting. Law abiding citizens left their weapons in their car, and obeyed the law. The shooter didn't respect the law and massacred unarmed people.

True, these things could still happen, but it just goes to show that Good Samaritans can't always pack heat.

But what if shooters had no way to legally buy a gun?

True, these things could still happen, but it just goes to show that Good Samaritans can't always pack heat.

But what if shooters had no way to legally buy a gun?

They will illegally buy a gun. Because they are criminals.

See how well banning alcohol, or banning drugs has worked out?

Last edited:
"nobody is trying to take your guns away"

"Lets make guns illegal!"

"Lets repeal the second amendment"

Hearing that there is two dead. Not sure if true.

The only death that matters is the death of Americans' second amendment rights. If this incident does not produce that casualty it's all good.

They will illegally buy a gun. Because they are criminals.

See how well banning alcohol, or banning drugs has worked out.

So then why is it that in every other truly civilized nation where guns are illegal do we find that situations such as these school shootings are exceedingly rare?

I think we won't know unless we try. Anything else is defeatism.

The criminals are more likely to turn to stabbing, but someone with a knife will likely cause less deaths and is easier to subdue.

I just think we should try. Obama is a lame duck now, he's the perfect president to give this a shot.

Back