Shoguns lost it.

He didn't do too badly - Gus is an awkward opponent.

Shogun looked great against Macheda (twice) and that wasn't too long ago.

He didn't look bad against Machida the first time but he didn't look 'great' either. It was a much closer fight than many people want to admit.

I agree with TS. i enjoy his fights. but at this point he is fighting more like a mexicutioner than a shogun :)

does seem like he has a lot of technical ability but no longer has the physical tools to implement them well.

as for the vera fight....they both looked bad...which made for a great,a fairly even match up where shogun's chin outlasted vera's. but really both guys looked sluggish. like they've both lost a step. vera's next fight will say a lot about that one way or another

the surgeries must have something to do with it, and I just dont see the fire he once had in Pride anymore.

you can't change judges scores to fit your personal opinion, in my opinion he beat rampage so its 3-3, your trying too hard to discredit lyoto, whatever your motive is.....

How could anybody in their right mind have given him the Rampage fight? He avoided exchanging like the plague and Rampage easily deserved the first two rounds on account of being the only man fighting. Seriously, what did Machida do to Rampage in R1 or R2 to warrant the win? That's ridiculous.

Machida narrowly beat Shogun the first time and he narrowly lost to Rampage. The judges do get it right sometimes.

The scary part is that AS toyed with the people in his fights at 205. He'd come in and Shogun wouldnt have a chance to tap to strikes before the ref stepped in. Maybe old PRIDE Shogun would have a chance but banged up Shogun with horrible knees and movement against one of the best stirkers in MMA wouldnt even be fair to watch. We'd have to put the PRIDE fans like me on suicide watch.

The Shogun that fought in Pride and the Shogun that fought Machida against Silva would be a dream come true for me to witness. No way do I want to see Shogun fight Anderson now. I hate to say such a true legend as Rua wouldn't have a chance in the slightest bit. Also watching him get destroyed again ala Jon Jones would be so hard to watch.

He won the first round against Gus and looked impressive, it's just his cardio sucks.

The Shogun that fought in Pride and the Shogun that fought Machida against Silva would be a dream come true for me to witness. No way do I want to see Shogun fight Anderson now. I hate to say such a true legend as Rua wouldn't have a chance in the slightest bit. Also watching him get destroyed again ala Jon Jones would be so hard to watch.

the Shogun/Jones fight and BJ/Rory fight really really hit me hard. My gf loves BJ in fact he got her into MMA with me. She actually turned away and was starting to get teary eyed.

the Shogun/Jones fight and BJ/Rory fight really really hit me hard. My gf loves BJ in fact he got her into MMA with me. She actually turned away and was starting to get teary eyed.

I feel both of your pains in that BJ fight. I love BJ Penn. I thought there was a decent chance of him losing but I never imagined that fight would play out like it did.

When I saw BJ wince from that body shot I looked away for almost the entire round. I honestly wanted him to just fall so it could end, but I knew BJ would never do such a thing. By the time the 3rd ended it felt like my heart sank into my stomach.

My gf is a huge Penn fan also, thankfully she was working and when I told her he lost, she said she would never want to look up that fight to see it or read about it.

for the 30th fuckin time its his work ethic and gameplan not his god damn knees

Seriously, he's 31. Some of these people can't be older than like 15 if they really think Shogun is old.

He hasn't looked good in a while. He should have rolled through Gus and Vera. He didn't.

I think injuries have taken their toll. You can't have your knees reconstructed 56792134673651254 times and expect to be able to train and perform like before

Back