Shoguns lost it.

Why does his style need to change ? He won the Pride Tournment with it, he won the UFC LHW belt with it. He's beat very good opponents and had a lot of FOTY candidates with it

I said in the op that I believe his style/attitude/preparation needs to change in order to stay competitive with the current crop of lhws.

shogun beat griffin faster in their rematch than silva did, and he'd probably embarrass bonnar and irvin too. put silva in there against jones, gustafsson, or machida and he'd get humbled very quickly.

Jones maybe. Gustaffson showed only one thing in his fight with Shogun and thats how to avoid an overhand right. As for Machida anderson is humble but I think he could take Machida.

shogun beat griffin faster in their rematch than silva did, and he'd probably embarrass bonnar and irvin too. put silva in there against jones, gustafsson, or machida and he'd get humbled very quickly.

Anderson made Forrest look like a child. Like he had never fought in the UFC before in his life... btw, he had just won the LHW title.

Gustafsson? Machida? Not a chance. Jones? Good chance.

Anderson made Forrest look like a child. Like he had never fought in the UFC before in his life... btw, he had just won the LHW title.

Gustafsson? Machida? Not a chance. Jones? Good chance.

anderson did not "make" griffin do anything, forrest embarrassed himself by trying to head-hunt against one of the best counter-strikers in mma. it'd be like if condit went into his match against st pierre and tried to grapple-f'ck him. he'd get embarrassed too.

Jones maybe. Gustaffson showed only one thing in his fight with Shogun and thats how to avoid an overhand right. As for Machida anderson is humble but I think he could take Machida.

typical, delusional shertard sipping the silva kool-aid. anderson is the best mw of all time, but he'd get his ass handed to him by the lhw elite.

Shogun is still a top 5 regardless what people want to say. He beat Machida twice and the Hendo decision was very questionable. Gus is awkward for anybody.

anderson did not "make" griffin do anything, forrest embarrassed himself by trying to head-hunt against one of the best counter-strikers in mma. it'd be like if condit went into his match against st pierre and tried to grapple-f'ck him. he'd get embarrassed too.
Lol, what the hell else was he supposed to do? Oh yeah right, Anderson literally has no wrestling whatsoever. I forgot.

Oh and that's funny because Condit did hit a switch on GSP...

hmm... don't get what your sayin' to be honest buddy. You just don't like Anderson and hey that's cool but to spew bs like saying Gustafsson would ragdoll him is just ridiculous.

Thats a bold statement, would you explain your reasons as to why you think that?

because of how incredibly large, strong, and technical he is with his grappling. we've seen shogun taken down before; he's never shown good tdd, but it's rare for him to get manhandled the way gustafsson did to him. alex has also shown some nice td's in his fights vs diabate and te huna. silva on the other hand has had mediocre tdd vs opponents with decent td's.

Ya Shoguns days as a contender are over.

I still think he can hang around for a while and put on exciting fights though. Hes just about the most exciting guy in the history of the sport (much like Wandy), so I hope he sticks around for a bit.

Shogun is still a top 5 regardless what people want to say. He beat Machida twice and the Hendo decision was very questionable. Gus is awkward for anybody.

You are pretty delusional then. Shogun got tore through like a wet piece of toilet paper for 3 rounds. For God's sake, they could've actually stopped the fight at one point.

I think its like other poster have said, it doesn't matter we like seeing him fight, title or no title

Lol, what the hell else was he supposed to do? Oh yeah right, Anderson literally has no wrestling whatsoever. I forgot.

Oh and that's funny because Condit did hit a switch on GSP...

hmm... don't get what your sayin' to be honest buddy. You just don't like Anderson and hey that's cool but to spew bs like saying Gustafsson would ragdoll him is just ridiculous.

what could griffin do besides try to head hunt? how about be patient with his striking, the way he was vs rampage or evans, and maybe mix it up with some td's? he may not have won, but at least he wouldn't have looked like a fool. you're acting like all he had was a puncher's chance when he's not even know for having one shot power.

yeah, keep thinking that everyone who doesn't think silva is unbeatable is a hater. that's what helps guys like you sleep at night.

people that want to discredit gustafsson naturally have to say that shogun is over the hill or else the fact that alex beat him would be a big deal.

because of how incredibly large, strong, and technical he is with his grappling. we've seen shogun taken down before; he's never shown good tdd, but it's rare for him to get manhandled the way gustafsson did to him. alex has also shown some nice td's in his fights vs diabate and te huna. silva on the other hand has had mediocre tdd vs opponents with decent td's.

Its not like he has great level change takedowns, he ragdolled a tired Shogun in the clinch and mostly stayed in his guard. Silvas tdd was questionable in the past but he has worked on it and I really dont think that Gus would dominate him grappling wise long enough to win.

I was joking. So many people on here compare fighters to Anderson Silva as if they all have the same genetics and ability to avoid injury.

Ah my bad, I tried to make the op cover the whole picture of what I concluded. I didnt intend to portray him as "old" He's only 31 after all but a battle worn 31 imo.

Back