Shevchenko's takedowns

Not disagreeing with you. Just seeing these two fighters competing made me flashback to my childhood reading issue #181 of the Incredible Hulk. That was a bitchin' size difference.

4bb638ebb584c.jpg

man Hulk vs Superman vs Goku is a threeway fist fight is my dream match

i am a self professed noob on the subject so i ll take ur word for it
however i did not only mean the uchi mata, i meant body weight manipulations and using lower centre of mass to manipulate the opponent's torque
Breaking your opponents balance or exploiting a temporary loss of balance is a part of all Judo takedowns
Judo does not only have big upper body throws only but also plenty of trips, sweeps reaping techniques, etc.

Not disagreeing with you. Just seeing these two fighters competing made me flashback to my childhood reading issue #181 of the Incredible Hulk. That was a bitchin' size difference.

4bb638ebb584c.jpg

I actually used to have this comic. Lost it and a bunch of others when moving. Damn it.

I actually used to have this comic. Lost it and a bunch of others when moving. Damn it.

I feel your pain. My baseball card collection made the move, but my football card collection "somehow" got left behind. I was fit to be tied!

All these trips are from judo. No.1 is kosoto gake, 2. ouchi gari and 3. is kuchiki taoshi into kouchi gari in combination. The last one is not allowed in judo tournaments since 2014.
Yeah, but the third one is a bit more typical of Muay Thai.

Well, you don't see this everyday on Sherdog.

What, people discussing technique in the heavies? Lol

I've said it long before this fight: Ronda should ditch boxing and Edmond and take up Muay Thai.
Imagine Ronda with Shev's Muay Thai.
Absolutely killer machine.

The irony is that Edmond is actually a low level Muay Thai champ. Check the WBC website and his wall mural if you don't believe me...those aren't boxing style belts on him:

images

For reference:

Thailand%20belts%20radjadamnern%20lumpinee%20wmc.jpg

It seemed more that you were trying to convince me it's a MT technique, which I never denied.

anyway it's more a modified Kouchi Gari, IMO. But with a kick caught. Just like how wrestlers adjust their TDs to catching kicks.

Instead of grabbing her by the gi, which obviously isn't possible, she grabbed her by her left leg. It's the same principle. Of course the MT technique fits the bill better, but I was just responding to Mayhem Monkey that had to nitpick just to criticize and while it's basically a MMA modified Judo throw too.

Fair enough. For what it's worth, I've always wanted to add Judo to my game, as Judo and MT would be nasty in the clinch and for self defense. My first MT gym is down the street from Gokor's gym and Judo Gene Lebell still instructs there...not sure if starting Judo as I approach 40 is a good idea though.

The irony is that Edmond is actually a low level Muay Thai champ. Check the WBC website and his wall mural if you don't believe me...those aren't boxing style belts on him:

Is there any actual record of Edmond's fights in Muay Thai? I looked a bit and could not find any, other than his claims. I could easily be missing it, though.

Yeah, but the third one is a bit more typical of Muay Thai.

Because you grab the leg after a kick maybe, but also that version has been teached in judo since the beginning of time almost, just look up some old videos of Mifune or Kimura and you will find it!

What, people discussing technique in the heavies? Lol

images

For reference:

Thailand%20belts%20radjadamnern%20lumpinee%20wmc.jpg

Fair enough. For what it's worth, I've always wanted to add Judo to my game, as Judo and MT would be nasty in the clinch and for self defense. My first MT gym is down the street from Gokor's gym and Judo Gene Lebell still instructs there...not sure if starting Judo as I approach 40 is a good idea though.
Yeah, it's quite ironic.
I personally think that Muay Thai and Judo is an awesome combo and I'm happy to see fighter's make it work.
It's also a myth that you can be too old to start Judo.
It was probably started by the Gracie community :D

Because you grab the leg after a kick maybe, but also that version has been teached in judo since the beginning of time almost, just look up some old videos of Mifune or Kimura and you will find it!
I know, but I think it's more likely that it came from Muay Thai in Shev's case.
But you are from Russia/USSR , right?
So you know better what is taught in Judo there.

4bb638ebb584c.jpg
That Brock in the background?

I know, but I think it's more likely that it came from Muay Thai in Shev's case.
But you are from Russia/USSR , right?
So you know better what is taught in Judo there.
No I'm not from Russia, but I am certain that she must have seen that combo in judo also there! Shev is a blackbelt and a master in sports in judo so she have more than basic skills. That said, its also used in MT so its an overlap between arts obviously...

Is there any actual record of Edmond's fights in Muay Thai? I looked a bit and could not find any, other than his claims. I could easily be missing it, though.

Yeah, and he sucks at actual MT (as in MT from Thailand, not just fighting with whatever style under an MT ruleset). Props to him for taking a pro fight though but it looks like he's just a puncher for the most part with shitty teeps and bad form.

http://www.wbcmuaythai.com/champions.php?page=2&subpage=6

No bullshit...I've trained with amateurs that look much better than that in the ring. Never really saw any GFC fighters at the MT events in LA but haven't been to a local event in a few years.

Back