Shevchenko's takedowns

maddog7

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
All takedowns finished from the clinch with classic judo techniques.
No shoots involved.
If anyone has got gifs feel free to post them here.

She did attempt one or two shots but they were unsuccessful. Her trips looked good considering how well Holly did defending Ronda's excellent clinch work.

Yeh they were very nice. Val is wicked strong too, I don't think they expect her to be so strong.

Yeh they were very nice. Val is wicked strong too, I don't think they expect her to be so strong.
Especially when you consider the fact that she was much smaller than Holm.
Did she cut weight at all?
Holm must have had 15 lbs on her or something.

3o7TKDWNkxjZLHZcty.gif

l41YANiQvEUskToU8.gif

l41Yvxe1YjKuWpRW8.gif

Goddamn that's some good shit.

I want to see her vs someone like Pena or Miesha, a real grinder.

Excuse my French, but that inside trip was nearly terrific.

Everything about her game from sturiking to gurappling is textbook. She's such a technical fighter one of the most technical in MMA, basic, sound principles and fundamentals. The way she broke the posture of the stronger and larger fighter in the clinch was beautiful to watch

Hogan is too busy jerking off to the "picture perfect technique" of guys like Cain lol

Makes me wonder why Rousey looked so weak in the clinch against Holm.

Everything about her game from sturiking to gurappling is textbook. She's such a technical fighter one of the most technical in MMA, basic, sound principles and fundamentals. The way she broke the posture of the stronger and larger fighter in the clinch was beautiful to watch

Hogan is too busy jerking off to the "picture perfect technique" of guys like Cain lol

True

But I still think Robbie would win by KO

She uses classic muay thai trips and clinch takedowns not judo....

She uses classic muay thai trips and clinch takedowns not judo....

TS is in a crusade to prove that Holly's win against Ronda was a fluke. According to him, Shevchenko used Judo techniques successfully, so that means Ronda just had an off day because her Judo is better and yet she was outclinched by Holly.

Last edited:
No it's not...it's done off a caught kick, unless you can kick in Judo also.

It's mixed martial arts? You can catch a kick and then apply a single leg take down too. Are you allowed to kick in wrestling?

Back