***Sherdog Exclusive***Beta Alanine Article, by David Barr

BA whether from Bulknutrition powder or GNc pills makes me dizzy, sliglty fluish feeling and is quite the mood killer. For all the money and the hype Biotest seems to avoid all that with it's alleged time release formula. bitest is the only one I can take.

BA whether from Bulknutrition powder or GNc pills makes me dizzy, sliglty fluish feeling and is quite the mood killer. For all the money and the hype Biotest seems to avoid all that with it's alleged time release formula. bitest is the only one I can take.

Is this happening PWO?

Mike, neither Post or Pre workout...just whenever I take it. I've been taking it in the morning before school and at night before sleep. It makes me feel weird, honestly kinda high, but its not nesccarily a good one or a bad one, just dizzy and shit haha. It's weird....Beta Alanine is strange as hell!

Has anyone noticed increased energy levels throughout the day? I usually have 2 cups of coffee in the morning, some type of stimulant in pill form, and another caffeinated drink in the afternoon.

The other day when I read the artice I went to GNC and got their store brand tie released Beta Alanine. Me being the way I am I decided to take a large dose right then so I could see exactly what effects it has on me. I took 4 capsules which are supposed to be spread over two doses. After about 20 minutes my head and arms were tingling like CRAZY. I had also taken two spike capsules that morning and drank 2 cups of coffee so I was buzzing around the rest of the day like crazy and I even skipped my afternoon caffeine drink. I even wondered if I would be able to sleep that night. Somehow by bedtime I was tired and ready to sleep, so much so I didn't feel that I needed any melatonin that night.

Now like I said and as you can see, I am no stranger to stimulants, and I took 2 spike pills that morning because I hadn't been really feeling their effects at all, but after I took the Beta Alanine I was WIRED.

The next day I decided to cut my caffeine in half at least to see if the energy was coming from the BA. I took the BA like I was supposed to this time, I only had one cup of coffee, only 1 spike pill, and once again I didn't have a caffeinated drink in the afternoon. ALL DAY my energy levels were up and even though I had a few tingling sensations throughout the day it wasn't the "fake" hopped up alert feeling you get from most stimulants. I am extremely happy with the way I feel right now, but I haven't had a weightlifting or intense cardio session since I started taking it 3 days ago(Planned break).

ALSO, I noticed everytime I exerted myself at work I got that tingle feeling. Then I went home and my girlfriend ripped my shorts off of me while I was sitting on the couch and started having her way with me, the tingling sensation came back in several nice places right at the time I was putting on my "Oh Face". AWESOME!:icon_chee

Has anyone noticed increased energy levels throughout the day? I usually have 2 cups of coffee in the morning, some type of stimulant in pill form, and another caffeinated drink in the afternoon.

The other day when I read the artice I went to GNC and got their store brand tie released Beta Alanine. Me being the way I am I decided to take a large dose right then so I could see exactly what effects it has on me. I took 4 capsules which are supposed to be spread over two doses. After about 20 minutes my head and arms were tingling like CRAZY. I had also taken two spike capsules that morning and drank 2 cups of coffee so I was buzzing around the rest of the day like crazy and I even skipped my afternoon caffeine drink. I even wondered if I would be able to sleep that night. Somehow by bedtime I was tired and ready to sleep, so much so I didn't feel that I needed any melatonin that night.

Now like I said and as you can see, I am no stranger to stimulants, and I took 2 spike pills that morning because I hadn't been really feeling their effects at all, but after I took the Beta Alanine I was WIRED.

The next day I decided to cut my caffeine in half at least to see if the energy was coming from the BA. I took the BA like I was supposed to this time, I only had one cup of coffee, only 1 spike pill, and once again I didn't have a caffeinated drink in the afternoon. ALL DAY my energy levels were up and even though I had a few tingling sensations throughout the day it wasn't the "fake" hopped up alert feeling you get from most stimulants. I am extremely happy with the way I feel right now, but I haven't had a weightlifting or intense cardio session since I started taking it 3 days ago(Planned break).

ALSO, I noticed everytime I exerted myself at work I got that tingle feeling. Then I went home and my girlfriend ripped my shorts off of me while I was sitting on the couch and started having her way with me, the tingling sensation came back in several nice places right at the time I was putting on my "Oh Face". AWESOME!:icon_chee

Does anyone have a 'what the hell was all that about' picture

Beta Alanine is a amino acid, not a stimulant.
The tingles, yes, I can accept that was from the BA. The rest of it...well, just lay off the drugs kid

My bad.

Point 1: I added BA into my supplement stack and have seemed to be more alert and less fatigued throughout the day. I'm not sure if it is the BA alone or if it is the cocktail of supps I am on.

Point 2: I got nice tingles in my happy places during sex also.ahahahahahahahahaha

My bad.

Point 1: I added BA into my supplement stack and have seemed to be more alert and less fatigued throughout the day. I'm not sure if it is the BA alone or if it is the cocktail of supps I am on.

Point 2: I got nice tingles in my happy places during sex also.ahahahahahahahahaha

Yes, I got that about point 2.

You seem to be taking a lot of stimulants to be honest, but I highly doubt a amino acid is causing that,

That's why I was asking if anyone else had a similar effect. I'm used to the amount of stimulants I use, as much as that is, but I've cut down by >50% and still seem to be more alert.

Ian, how long should the loading phase be? I've been takin 6 grams a day in 2 separate doses for a week now

Ian, how long should the loading phase be? I've been takin 6 grams a day in 2 separate doses for a week now

It varies.

I've been taking 6g g for 12 weeks before hand before lower the dose

I got my order of BA in this morning. I must say that the tingly feeling is very weird. I liken it to when you lean on your arm and it "falls asleep" then once it gets blood flowing to it again. That's how my entire back feeled.

Guys I think I just started getting the tingles after a week of taking it. AFter PWO when I was all sweaty and exhauseted, trying to take off my shoes, my calfs were tingleing like they were numb and asleep. Kinda unbearable, I had to stand straight up and let the blood flow and it stopped lol

Guys I think I just started getting the tingles after a week of taking it. AFter PWO when I was all sweaty and exhauseted, trying to take off my shoes, my calfs were tingleing like they were numb and asleep. Kinda unbearable, I had to stand straight up and let the blood flow and it stopped lol

I've only got the tingles in my hands, never any where else

How odd

Does where you feel the tingles mean anything?

Are you sure?

A lot of people are feeling it in their hands, which makes me believe it could be related to blood flow. Maybe it's decreasing blood pressure.

Are you sure?

A lot of people are feeling it in their hands, which makes me believe it could be related to blood flow. Maybe it's decreasing blood pressure.

Trust me, decreasing blood pressure does NOT feel like the parathesia tingles from beta alanine. Besides, beta-alanine doesn't have cardiovascular effects. If your BP was dropping, you'd either be dizzy or unconscious.

David Barr on parathesia:

"This feeling is due to an activation of specific sensory nerves, but doesn't have any harmful effect. Interestingly, it is this tingly sense that assures us that this supplement actually works---if you don't tingle at all, then your BA may be substandard or simply fake"

I'm not sure I agree with that last bit, because I've personally known people who have taken BA from the same distributor as me, and have had little to no tingle.

Dr Roger Harris, who did some of the first studies on BA, states:

"It is probable that the paraesthesia, a form of neuropathic pain, results from high peak blood-plasma concentrations of beta-alanine since greater quantities, ingested in the form of the beta-alanine / histidine (or methylhistidine) containing dipeptides (i.e. carnosine and anserine) in meat, do not cause the same symptoms."

and:

"The paraesthesia caused is no indication of efficacy since the published studies undertaken so far have utilized doses of 400 mg or 800 mg at a time to avoid the paraesthesia."

So, that tells me the parathesia is simply dose-related. If one was downing 6+grams at a time, and had ZERO parathesia, I'd be concerned about the source of the BA, but it could also be a case of an individual having unnaturally high levels of muscle carnosine already.

Back