***Sherdog Exclusive***Beta Alanine Article, by David Barr

I ordered the 1000 gram product you suggest in them other post this morning Ian...thank you! Now i';m just trying to go through the threads and figure out what my dossage should be and when I should gtake it, I'm taking superpump250 and sizeon before/during myh workouts, and superpump has taurine in it so I read that its better not to mix the two...would it be acceptible to take servings of BA in the morning and night with my vits?

As you'll see when you look about, most people (including this thread I think when mr barr responded) suggest taking it after training not before.

Its not a stim. Think of it as creatine. There's no need to take it before your work out because there's minimal carry over by taking it then and to push it further to the negative region, if you get 'the tingles' you can feel nausea which will put you off from your work out.

IMO take 2.5-3 g after training and the same before bed.

If you take something like gaba and zma before bed, taking all 3 on all account will put you out for the count.

Nps. I hate paying more then I have to and I know as the times get harder, people will come over to my side more and more :icon_chee.

Thats only 5-6 g a day.

I've read saturation is max. up to 6-8 weeks, nothing is observed for 3 weeks and maintennce dose of 3g can be implied after 12 weeks

The man that can't spell maintenance correctly from the looks of my above post

I've been taking BA with my ZMA and chamomile tea at night before bed. The tea is hot,but since BA is an amino my intuition tells me that heat wouldn't have a great effect on it. Didn't see anything on this. Thanks.

BA is crazy shit... makes my neck and knuckles tingle.

It is crazy shit, but it's awesome for increasing work capacity. What I find odd (and maybe it's just me) is that I get a cutaneous reaction when I take my first sip, like contact parathesia on my lips. Bizarre.

Hmmmmm some of the climbers at my place might like this stuff.

It is crazy shit, but it's awesome for increasing work capacity. What I find odd (and maybe it's just me) is that I get a cutaneous reaction when I take my first sip, like contact parathesia on my lips. Bizarre.

I've had this happen too.

Question..I know you can take it with creatine, but its alright if I actually mix it with my creatine as well?

And wtf, I don't get any tingles haha, I feel like its not gonna be workin now cuz everyone else is haha

Good article, david

Question..I know you can take it with creatine, but its alright if I actually mix it with my creatine as well?

And wtf, I don't get any tingles haha, I feel like its not gonna be workin now cuz everyone else is haha

if you mix it then how would you know how much is in each scoop? measuring wouldn't be very accurate, I'd just keep them separate.
The tingles aren't an indication of whether or not it's working.

Well the beta alanine I ordered actually doesnt even have a scooper so i literally weigh it on a scale by the grams and then throw it in my creatine serving haha

Beta doesnt make me tingle at all but it makes me dizzy, gives me a buzz like i am packing a lip or something, haha its nice

Well the beta alanine I ordered actually doesnt even have a scooper so i literally weigh it on a scale by the grams and then throw it in my creatine serving haha

Where did you get it from?

If its from BN look at the container. It will say '1/4 teaspoon=750mg' or something. I forget the exact density and can't quickly find it via google.

Therefore, for a approximate 6g serving, take 2 half teaspoon servings, 1 in the am, one in the pm.

edit- in regards to mixing the two powers, I don't think its a problem.

Get a container, put in say 100g of creatine (20 servings), then put in 50g of BA, shake it to hell and then you should reasonibly have the correct ratio. The only problem is a serving would be about 1.5 teaspoons then. And then you'd have a issue with taking just BA at some for the pm timing. But a lot of people double up on creatine so it might not be a issue for you.

Where did you get it from?

If its from BN look at the container. It will say '1/4 teaspoon=750mg' or something. I forget the exact density and can't quickly find it via google.

Therefore, for a approximate 6g serving, take 2 half teaspoon servings, 1 in the am, one in the pm.

Yup, its that one.
Thx again Ian...just to recheck, you reccomened 3 grams in the morning and 3 g's at night, right?

https://ecss2007.cc.jyu.fi/schedule/proceedings/pdf/1346.pdf

Check out the last paragraph, guys

"Conclusion: It can be concluded from this study that 1)
proton NMR spectroscopy can be used to non-invasively
and accurately quantify human muscle carnosine content;
2) muscle carnosine content can be substantially elevated
by oral beta-alanine supplementation in sprint-trained athletes;
3) muscle carnosine loading significantly attenuates
fatigue in repeated bouts of exhaustive dynamic contractions;
4) beta-alanine supplementation does not result in
better 400m run performance."

Yup, its that one.
Thx again Ian...just to recheck, you reccomened 3 grams in the morning and 3 g's at night, right?

Check my edit regarding mixing.

There are conflicting ideas on dosing still.

Some people say 5-6*1 servings, some say the same but in 4 doses, some say 2 is ok, some say 5g before bed.

Its all confusing to be honest. Do what is convenient for you but I wouldn't do 5g in one go.

I did fill some 00 caps with ba and it worked out to be about 1.5g, so I take one every now and then. I was doing it religiously but didn't see any benefit tbh over other methods.

Don't worry about the lack of tingles. It doesn't mean anything in regards to its effectiveness

https://ecss2007.cc.jyu.fi/schedule/proceedings/pdf/1346.pdf

Check out the last paragraph, guys

"Conclusion: It can be concluded from this study that 1)
proton NMR spectroscopy can be used to non-invasively
and accurately quantify human muscle carnosine content;
2) muscle carnosine content can be substantially elevated
by oral beta-alanine supplementation in sprint-trained athletes;
3) muscle carnosine loading significantly attenuates
fatigue in repeated bouts of exhaustive dynamic contractions;
4) beta-alanine supplementation does not result in
better 400m run performance."

I wonder if point 4 refers to taking the supplement and then testing, or if it takes into account the recovery and extended sessions that can be accomplished when on BA which could lead to a decrease in 400m time

Interesting...this morning I saw a glass a left over glass of water from the night before with a little bit of beta-alanine water at the bottom, I sipped it and it tasted like overly sweet, like sipping fucking high fructose syrup, it wasn't good. Beta alanine is so weird haha

Edit: B-A makes me feel fucking weird, it gives me a weird ass buzz, I have a feeling I'm going to fall asleep very quickly tonight haha

Back