• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sherbytes: Industry News Megathread, v.2

AI streamlines game storyboarding + dialogue craft. But will it enrich or cheapen player experience?

• Total voters
The Thing game remastered. I loved this game, but I recall us not being able to look up with the right analogue stick, as I played it on Xbox I think?

On PS2 you used R1 to free look.

And the beta kicks off already this coming Friday. I’m down if I can get in.

This game was actually a lot of fun on PC. Then everyone started using sniper rifles and the game just became a race to getting sniper rifles and that's it. Maybe they've fixed it now but it was still the same the last time my cousin checked.

With that said on console this might not be as much of an issue since the aiming might be harder. In Overwatch I noticed sniping was much more common on PC and not nearly as fun because of it. On console you didn't constantly have a widow and hanzo on every team.

This game was actually a lot of fun on PC. Then everyone started using sniper rifles and the game just became a race to getting sniper rifles and that's it. Maybe they've fixed it now but it was still the same the last time my cousin checked.

With that said on console this might not be as much of an issue since the aiming might be harder. In Overwatch I noticed sniping was much more common on PC and not nearly as fun because of it. On console you didn't constantly have a widow and hanzo on every team.
Makes sense. Limted beta live in 36h – just FYI. You have to meet the following four conditions to take part: (here is sign-up page)
  • Sign up for the VALORANT Beta or get a referral link from somebody who got an invite from Riot Games
  • Live in the NA, EU, or JP regions (may expand later)
  • Have a VALORANT Account in good standing (no current bans/suspensions on VALORANT or Riot level)
  • Own an Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation®5

Makes sense. Limted beta live in 36h – just FYI. You have to meet the following four conditions to take part: (here is sign-up page)
  • Sign up for the VALORANT Beta or get a referral link from somebody who got an invite from Riot Games
  • Live in the NA, EU, or JP regions (may expand later)
  • Have a VALORANT Account in good standing (no current bans/suspensions on VALORANT or Riot level)
  • Own an Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation®5

Oh didn't realize we had to sign up. Just signed up now. Thanks.

s8m8yVb.jpeg
@Sycho Sid

Only a remaster?

You guys probably don't know Mikko Hyppönen but he's amazing and a local talent for us in Nordics alongside Linus Torvalds and like. Below is his full talk at SPHERE24 (cybersecurity conference) plus an audio snippet he's today tweeted:

Full talk: (Time to listen: 42m)

While not technically video game related, I’d imagine some of my fellow gamers might like the show Scavengers Reign on Netflix.

It’s a show chock full of crazy and interesting ideas with a trippy story. Art work is also fantastic. Highly recommend.

Looks like there could be a possible Steam release coming of the original Resident Evil

Looks like there could be a possible Steam release coming of the original Resident Evil

I hope it's not just a re-release of the 97 PC port (which is already free to install and mod off of archive.org).

CS turns 25 years old today:

okfckdn3jh7d1.png

Wow, another milestone that makes me feel old. I wasn’t there from day 1, but I was close. I started playing during beta version 4 in November or December of 1999.

I haven’t played in basically 20 years, since CS: Source released alongside Half-Life 2. One of these days I’m going to have to fire up CS 2 and give it a whirl.

Wow, another milestone that makes me feel old. I wasn’t there from day 1, but I was close. I started playing during beta version 4 in November or December of 1999.

Christmas of 1999 is the first time i played. They just started rolling out cable internet that my cousin had. Spent the entire family christmas party playing CS, lol. Next day got myself a copy of Half Life and made the switch to Pc gaming. Selling my two consoles where i havent owned a console since.

Back