She could of clinched and judo throw Amanda...

She tried but got punched in the face

RG0BS1U.gif

She was legitimately trying to exchange in the pocket with Nunes

Who the fuck told her that would be a good idea?

SHe tried to clinch like 3 times and tried tying up Nunes arms the whole time. Her problem with he Judo is she needs to get through strikes to get a throw

She needed to minimize space which she could not do because she's not used to facing elite strikers.

And a black belt in the much improved art of BJJ, which owns Judo 9 times out of 10.
Not if you get dumped on your head and mounted or put in side control. A really good Judo player on you? You probably aren't going to get them off of you. Ronda, Karo, the Dong and plenty other judo fighters have defeated BJJ BBs. it's about 50/50 in mma.

nah.
Amanda is a brown belt in Judo herself, so not as easy as she did against girls who never fought Judo.
There's a big difference between being a brown belt and being legitimately a world class judoka.

It's like she believed she was a boxer after she beat Bethe. The problem is, she didn't come to the realization that she was not a boxer after Holm knocked her stiff.

Why didn't Ronda do what she normally does? Rush in, duck and move her head and grab Nunes body. Stupid move and it cost her.

SHe has never done this. She always rushed in with her chin straight up to get the clinch. She just finally face opponents who could hurt her coming in (amanda) or who were not there when she rushed in (Holly)

All technique and game plan went out the window soon as she got hit and panicked.
I was saying out loud she wanted out of fight after first punch with the way she reacted

SHe has never done this. She always rushed in with her chin straight up to get the clinch. She just finally face opponents who could hurt her coming in (amanda) or who were not there when she rushed in (Holly)

Yeah, you're right. She would take short punches on the way in by girls who couldn't really punch.

The Gracie challenges were held outside of the UFC. Wrestlers,Judokas, Strikers, all lost badly. Fact.

Yet you claimed the Gracie beat everyone. What about Walid Ismail? Sakuraba? How about how they dicked around Gene LaBell and demanded a 200lb man drop to 140lbs lol?

Don't be fooled by the Gracie hype. They aren't the be-all-end-all of grappling. Rickson is god on the mat, though.

Yet you claimed the Gracie beat everyone. What about Walid Ismail? Sakuraba? How about how they dicked around Gene LaBell and demanded a 200lb man drop to 140lbs lol?

Don't be fooled by the Gracie hype. They aren't the be-all-end-all of grappling. Rickson is god on the mat, though.

I don't buy the Gracie hype. Just saying that the ones they lost to in competition weren't Judokas, but rather catch wrester or wrestler (Matt Hughes).

I don't buy the Gracie hype. Just saying that the ones they lost to in competition weren't Judokas, but rather catch wrester or wrestler (Matt Hughes).

That isn't evidence that the martial art is better than Judo.

That isn't evidence that the martial art is better than Judo.

Your argument isn't either because Helio and Kimura cannot be compared to today. I don't wish to disrespect such a badass like Kimura, but martial arts usually progresses.

She can not do it against fighters who are bigger and stronger

Your argument isn't either because Helio and Kimura cannot be compared to today. I don't wish to disrespect such a badass like Kimura, but martial arts usually progresses.

Martial Arts are far more binary than something like MMA that encompasses so much more than one style.

Martial Arts are far more binary than something like MMA that encompasses so much more than one style.

Surely you agree that Judos ground game is not comparable to BJJ in a freestyle setting? Add to that crosstraining in wrestling and Judo has no place.

Back