She could of clinched and judo throw Amanda...

she ate clean punches.....no matter what plan you have, getting hit in the face changes that and she ate a punch after punch and each punch slowed her reaction and made it easier for amanda to land the next one

She needed some rudimentary boxing and wrestling skills to slip/feint/level change her way in but she doesn't have those.

What else can she do? You can't clinch someone who is keeping distance and hitting her square on the face lol

She wasn't keeping distance, that's the point. She did hit her in the face tho, good for her.
This is what people believe would happen in a fight with Cyborg....if one punch connects is game over for Ronda.

giphy.gif
Who is the pretty lady in your av? Is that your wife? No offense but I think I'm in love with her now.

Starting with Tate I referred to how Foreman pushed Frazier off him in Jamaica as a model to consider when fighting ronda - nunes employed a similar method. ronda wants to clinch in a specific way with an arm and hip contact. A stronger fighter or as strong, like Holly, Nunes, Cyborg, etc, could push her off. Nunes did it so easily. McMann and Zingano could have done the same thing.

She needed some rudimentary boxing and wrestling skills to slip/feint/level change her way in but she doesn't have those.
Edmond's obviously a joke because none of his other fighters win. But I don't think Ronda could've learned any of those things. Not only does she lack the natural ability, but she also can't take criticism.

You would have to be brain-dead to be a UFC fighter at Glendale fifht club. Edmond is sham.

Edmond's obviously a joke because none of his other fighters win. But I don't think Ronda could've learned any of those things. Not only does she lack the natural ability, but she also can't take criticism.
This is true. Her attitude is her worst enemy.

You would have to be brain-dead to be a UFC fighter at Glendale fifht club. Edmond is sham.
hopefully this is the final nail in the proverbial edmond coffin, Hope what ever fighters are training they're are currently packing there gear and leaving to a half competent gym. Hopefully this is a learning experience to Ronda and she get's the hell away from edmond and hits up a proper gym.

why is rousey so loyal to edmond
loyal to a fault
loyal to two knockouts
gaaaah

Is that why they named a maneuver after Kimura?

What a lot of folks don't know is that BJJ is the toned down version of old school Judo from the days of Maeda and Kimura, Maeda is the reason that BJJ even exists.

What a lot of folks don't know is that BJJ is the toned down version of old school Judo from the days of Maeda and Kimura, Maeda is the reason that BJJ even exists.

Bingo.

She was kind of busy walking into punches

nah.
Amanda is a brown belt in Judo herself, so not as easy as she did against girls who never fought Judo.

A black belt in judo is only like a blue/purple in bjj and not a great accomplishment like winning an olympic medal. I think its got less to do with judo than the raw athleticism that Nunes has.

Back