She could of clinched and judo throw Amanda...

A black belt in judo is only like a blue/purple in bjj and not a great accomplishment like winning an olympic medal. I think its got less to do with judo than the raw athleticism that Nunes has.
not really.
The point is that Amanda has been exposed to Judo throw and how to defend it.

It is the same thing as a lower level BJJ practitioner being able to defend a BB, even though he would not be prolific in the attack.

but I agree with you a BB is not like winning the olympic (it was not my intention to claim she was at the same level).

Of course she does. She has to know what her opponents will do.

Anyway, referencing Kimura is irrelevant. A modern day brown belt in BJJ is more technically adept than kimura and Helio Gracie ever was.

How relevant referring to Judo of Kimuras time. That wasn't yesterday.

It was after the creation of Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Funny that the new and improved judo practitioner got his arm snapped by Kimura, eh?

not really.
The point is that Amanda has been exposed to Judo throw and how to defend it.

It is the same thing as a lower level BJJ practitioner being able to defend a BB, even though he would not be prolific in the attack.

but I agree with you a BB is not like winning the olympic (it was not my intention to claim she was at the same level).

I wouldn't go as far as to say that she knew how to defend it. She came out swinging, and Ronda stood with her just long enough to get tagged. By then it was too late, because Ronda was rocked, and Nunes was shrugging her off, as well as hitting her in the face still.

It was after the creation of Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Funny that the new and improved judo practitioner got his arm snapped by Kimura, eh?

hELIO GRACIES KNOWLEDGE OF BJJ is not COMPARABLE to modern day jujitsu. for fuck sake. A brown belt knows more!!

Anyway, referencing Kimura is irrelevant. A modern day brown belt in BJJ is more technically adept than kimura and Helio Gracie ever was.

This is factually incorrect. You think anything in the modern jiu jitsu system is something new that nobody knew about? People have been grappling for thousands of years. There is nothing new. Eddie Bravo thinks he makes up new shit that can be found in old manuals, and since he doesn't bother to look he just gives it a funky new name and his followers think he's some kind of genius.

I lve been concerned about people not reading the full thread. But this one was just a gif. The laziness of some people

This is factually incorrect. You think anything in the modern jiu jitsu system is something new that nobody knew about? People have been grappling for thousands of years. There is nothing new. Eddie Bravo thinks he makes up new shit that can be found in old manuals, and since he doesn't bother to look he just gives it a funky new name and his followers think he's some kind of genius.

No, athletes get better and arts progresses. Royce Gracie was great in 1993, not so great today. And you are bringing up Kimura and Helio Gracie. Do you know how silly that is?!

No, athletes get better and arts progresses. Royce Gracie was great in 1993, not so great today. And you are bringing up Kimura and Helio Gracie. Do you know how silly that is?!

Royce wasn't even a top flight jiu jitsu practitioner lol. The guy was losing in regional tournaments in the early 90s. Royce was great in 1993 because none of his opponents knew what jiu jitsu was.

Royce wasn't even a top flight jiu jitsu practitioner lol. The guy was losing in regional tournaments in the early 90s. Royce was great in 1993 because none of his opponents knew what jiu jitsu was.

The Gracies took on all challengers in the 90s and won all fights. Your saying not a single one was Judokas?

The Gracies took on all challengers in the 90s and won all fights. Your saying not a single one was Judokas?

How many Judokas were in the UFC tournaments that Royce competed in? The one time Royce fought a Judoka he went to a draw with Yoshida.

So standing in the pocket against a vastly superior striker is an understandable reaction for you? Log off kid lol
She wasn't just punching Ronda in the pocket, she was getting lit up by long straight punches too. Ronda was making the mistake of backing off in straight line especially against someone with reach instead of pivoting or sidestepping but she helped keep herself at the end of Amanda's punches

None of this matters though, she wanted out and mentally collapsed after the first punch gave her flashbacks of the Holly KO

Her defense was shockingly bad. Really, really hopeless. Even an ordinary 5 year old has the sense to try and cover up his head when someone's clouting it repeatedly.

It makes you think that there must be a lot of mental stuff going on.

It's like she believed she was a boxer after she beat Bethe. The problem is, she didn't come to the realization that she was not a boxer after Holm knocked her stiff.

Why didn't Ronda do what she normally does? Rush in, duck and move her head and grab Nunes body. Stupid move and it cost her.

Back