She could of clinched and judo throw Amanda...

She was legitimately trying to exchange in the pocket with Nunes

Who the fuck told her that would be a good idea?

edmond.jpg

At the very least his incompetent training methods didn't give her other options while under pressure.

I know, but according to that espn article, her knees are better now. Shame really, her striking sucks but she's just as much crippled by the injuries. Pretty one-dimensional.

Her knees are definitely not ok. Her ASL is hanging on by a thread and no cartilage in either knee.

Even though it's the womens division, It does raise the question if grapplers really can impose their game by force on strikers, which was common knowledge in 1993-.

Surely you agree that Judos ground game is not comparable to BJJ in a freestyle setting? Add to that crosstraining in wrestling and Judo has no place.

Today? Of course not. Sport judo all but eliminated ground work. But traditionally? It's comparable.

There's a big difference between being a brown belt and being legitimately a world class judoka.
again, I never said that Amanda as a brown belt would know everything. But she would know judo throw and how to defend it more than any other WMMA fighter who never did train Judo.

There's a big difference between being a brown belt and being legitimately a world class judoka.
Yeah but Amanda's also a black belt in bjj with a better overall skillset. Ronda has not really improved or evolved her mma game. I think she just assumed she can take everyone down or outstrike them.

this is what ive been telling everyone in my thread. SOMETHINGS FISHY.

DID RONDA TAKE A DIVE???

She tried, twice i believe. First time was after Ronda ate a flush punch. Second time wasnt even an attempt for she was nearly knocked out on her feet.

this is what ive been telling everyone in my thread. SOMETHINGS FISHY.

DID RONDA TAKE A DIVE???

You havent watched much MMA and Rousey fights if you believe this is true. I'd happily break it all down for you but it'll probably go on deaf ears.

How many Judokas were in the UFC tournaments that Royce competed in? The one time Royce fought a Judoka he went to a draw with Yoshida.

Yoshida was also considerably bigger and stronger than Royce. Yoshida hung with Wanderlei, Hunt, Barnett, and Crocop, who all would have dry-raped Royce in a fight.

Last edited:
Back