Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Khamzat Chimaev - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
I think Khamzat is bigger, stronger and more explosive. That probably gives him the edge since they are both very skilled.

Should be another choice....

Either

Bald goof never books this (drops the ball)

Or

Both guys avoid the fight sighting they are countrymen and wont fight

.these are likely outcomes too just saying..

But i would lean towards khamzat but forsee a war no doubt they match up quite well...

I need to see Khamzat fight again before I can say. He fought really undisciplined last time and seems to know that. If he stops doing that, I think he takes out everyone because he’s physically the most gifted fighter at 170.

But if he’s one of those guys who just can’t stay calm and stick to a game plan, then i thinks Shavkat would probably finish him.

Khamzat is a wild aggressive guy and Shavkat is super patient and calculated...but these different approaches have both given them alot of success. Id love to see them pitted against each other but I couldnt say who would win yet. Shavkat's next fight could be a top 5 guy and we can get more data!

We didn't see Rakhmonov takedown defense tested, but Khamzat didn't do well with takeowns at all after the first minute of being fresh against Gilbert. I am leaning towards Shavkat. There is a big edge in striking for Shavkat.

it will be interesting - good to have some new prospects at the table - i hope usman stops alternating between B level fighters he keeps beating

Rebounds? Rebounds after beating a top contender in arguably the best fight of the year?

I just meant that if he continues to brawl like that in his fights then I’d probably favor Shavkat if they ever fought each other.

it will be interesting - good to have some new prospects at the table - i hope usman stops alternating between B level fighters he keeps beating

Agreed. Would make for a very exciting division suddenly, if Usman fights Chimaev and Shavkat fights the winner.

Who has better boxing/stand-up: Shavkat or Khamzat?

Shavkat

Khamzat

This is one of those questions that gets harder to answer the more you actually think about it. Khamzat is definitely stronger with more one hitter quitter power and Shavkat is definitely the more dynamic striker with better cardio. Just going with my gut I think Shavkat outworks him and gets the W.

Back