Islam vs Leon at 170 - who wins?

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think this is the most intriguing WW title fight you can make. I think Leon just plays the distance game with much shorter ground-game-heavy Belal and gets the exact same outcome as with Colby.

Gotta be Shavkat or Islam at 300. Do it.

I’m actually sure Mak takes it now. Leon has one line of takedown defense, but he’s still a novice when it comes to positioning and scrambles.

I don’t trust Leon’s ability to scramble against Mak.

Islam wins

Colby isnt much bigger than Islam and is a worse fighter at literally everything.

Leon went to a 48-47 with a washed Cowboy. An even more washed Nate had him nearly TKOd in the 5th round.

Islam is as massive as a LW can get. Hed be an avg sized WW at least and thats good enough. He beats Leon.

Colby got his ground game going, Islam might do just fine too, but i wouldnt favor him, Edwards is a big WW.

Leon just won, therefore due to recency bias, he's more unstoppable and beats Islam easy.

<seedat>

Islam takes it even though I think Leon will give him problems on the takedown.

Leon has 4 inch reach advantage and Islam does leave openings on feet

But Islam will be better at 170 than he is at 155... more muscle, no weight cutting... could sub Leon easy

Dont know, its 50/50 for me

I'd favor Islam.

Beating Colby proves nothing. He gave up rounds to RDA.

are you suggesting 1 of those inbreds would take a fight with somebody who isnt hilariously smaller than them? i dont see that happening but i supposed if its for an undeserved title shot then that might compel them to step out of their cowardly comfort zone

Islam wins

Colby isnt much bigger than Islam and is a worse fighter at literally everything.

Leon went to a 48-47 with a washed Cowboy. An even more washed Nate had him nearly TKOd in the 5th round.

Islam is as massive as a LW can get. Hed be an avg sized WW at least and thats good enough. He beats Leon.

Colby is smaller than Islam quite visibly. Also Islam is physically stronger, quicker, better technical striking, better defense, way better takedowns and top control. It's a tough fight to call, Leon can defensively wrestle and wrestle from his back, is big, has cardio and slick striking...Dagis don't tend to fight dudes this good and capable whether coincidence or not. Islam did get outstruck by Arman on short notice who was 22 and Arman successfully defensive wrestled for the first 10 minutes before gassing. We also saw Volk recently have huge success vs Islam and Wade did too honestly. Leon don't hit hard though and I think a lot of the entries Colby failed on, Islam wouldn't have and if he got Leon down it'd be way more of a problem.

I'd like Shavkat vs Leon next and Islam vs Gaethje but let's see.

Islam is a weight bully at 155 and a glass jaw, i'm surprised so many people think he would be dominant in a division with lot of guys who can deal with his wresrling and punch much harder than featherweight Volk. Leon would outstruck him and prob even get a knockdown

Leon takes a pretty clear UD, maybe a TKO is he lands something sneaky

Makhachev wins but Shavkhat beats him bad. Why would Makhachev want to fight Shavkhat

There's a reason why Islam has been calling for this belt. He can win it easy. Defending it against Shavkat it impossible for him though. Smaller WW will get wrecked soon.

Back