Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Khamzat Chimaev - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
the thing is khamzat is a maniac and shavkat is a normal dude, so i pick khamzat.

No rush...save it for later when one of them is holding a belt or at the very least one has tried.

I think I have seen this topic on this forum already at least 20 times in the last 2 weeks. Obviously there is a ton of interest from fan/media perspective which means it will most likely eventually happen. But I don’t think the ufc makes that fight for awhile. Khamzat will probably get the next TS and Shavkat said he is building himself up meaning not asking for immediate TS. Also if usman is still champ when Shavkhat gets up there for a TS I’m not sure they fight each other as they have been training together. Shavkhat did say he does want to fight khamzat in the future.

I think Khamzat would probably win. Shavkat would have a hard time taking him down and I like Khamzat's striking/ko power more..

I have no clue. However I predict that by the end of 2024 they will fight with the belt on the line...

One of the highest level WW matchups if rankings were accurate. That said I see Khamzat's wrestling being enough to beat Shavkat. I would take both guys over most of the top 5.

If Khamzat came to wrestle, he wins. If it stays standing, Shavkat is slicker.

I don't know but I'd love to see it. A bit like Arman people got WAY too carried away with Khamzat acting like he's this unstoppable machine, only to fight on even terms with the first legit guy he fights, and someone who was pretty much destroyed by Usman.

So Shavkat would have a great chance of winning. Shavkat is the more skilled and crafty of the 2, Khamzat more physically imposing.

If you judge with recency bias, shavkat looked way better. Gotta see shavkat vs Burns to be sure.

It depends on their gameplan. Shavkat is a better grappler than Khamzat but I am not sure it is wise to concede bottom position. You are already down on the cards when you end up on bottom. Khamzat isn't the better grappler but he can negate disadvantage by avoiding certain positions and limiting his type of entries to the ground. Both men might not even entertain the ground fight and stay on their feet.

Chimaev. But I expect they'll meet in a title fight down the line.

At this point I kinda think Shavkat has the cleaner striking and that the ground game would be pretty neutralized.

Rakhmanov. Physically, Khamzat seems a bit stronger. But Khamzat's downfall is he seems too distracted by the bright lights of fame and started believing his own hype. He now spends too much time on social media and his brand, and goofing around with serial loser Darren Till.

That scary killer focus he had pre-2022 is gone and likely never coming back. Shavkat seems like a character not so negatively impacted by fame and money.

I need to see how Khamzat rebounds after fighting so sloppy against Burns. I definitely think that Shavkat is the better martial artist though.

Idk

if the fight were 3 rounds Id give the edge to Chimaev..5 rounds to Shav

I know they are both killers, but something about the silent killers just makes it seem like there's something more there that you should worry about, and Shav has that.

Fun fight.

@Osiris3657 which bandwagon is your ass more firmly a part of?

<36>

Such a dork.

You are sad and pathetic. Honestly feel bad for you, you seem really miserable. You hate the UFC, you think every card sucks, you root against any up and comers. Why are you here dude, seriously? Find something you actually like and spend your free time on that instead of trolling this forum

I don't know but I'd love to see it. A bit like Arman people got WAY too carried away with Khamzat acting like he's this unstoppable machine, only to fight on even terms with the first legit guy he fights, and someone who was pretty much destroyed by Usman.

So Shavkat would have a great chance of winning. Shavkat is the more skilled and crafty of the 2, Khamzat more physically imposing.

yes but it’s important to note Khamzat fought like a moron, using his second best skillset. Shavkat has yet to face anyone near as good as Burns.

Back