Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Khamzat Chimaev - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
yes but it’s important to note Khamzat fought like a moron, using his second best skillset. Shavkat has yet to face anyone near as good as Burns.

Yeah that is true but what about the old Tyson adage of "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". I doubt Chimaev made a conscious decision to fight like a moron, I'm guessing he didn't really react well to an opponent fighting back for the first time, and an opponent with a solid skillset. His fight IQ is not the best, and he was less calm and more easily thrown/flustered than I expected.

Magny is not as good as Burns you're right, but against his most experienced and wily foe yet, Shavkat showed excellent composure, patience, IQ etc.

Yeah that is true but what about the old Tyson adage of "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". I doubt Chimaev made a conscious decision to fight like a moron, I'm guessing he didn't really react well to an opponent fighting back for the first time, and an opponent with a solid skillset. His fight IQ is not the best, and he was less calm and more easily thrown/flustered than I expected.

Magny is not as good as Burns you're right, but against his most experienced and wily foe yet, Shavkat showed excellent composure, patience, IQ etc.

there is no doubt, that so far, Shavkat seems to be the more composed of the two.

You are sad and pathetic. Honestly feel bad for you, you seem really miserable. You hate the UFC, you think every card sucks, you root against any up and comers. Why are you here dude, seriously? Find something you actually like and spend your free time on that instead of trolling this forum

Oh muffin, you're on the verge of another breakdown lol. It's truly hilarious.

Everything will be alright. Don't worry so much that people have different opinions. Also, try not to pass your girlfriend off onto other Sherdoggers this time. Maybe stick to South Park instead of losing your mind and insulting everyone whenever you log on.

<36>

Still think Khamzat takes it. People are just riding Shavkat's nuts right now because no one has really challenged him. Khamzat got challenged and all of a sudden it's the end for him.

Shavkat looked good, but at this point in time, Khamzat have Burns already on his body count so it has to be him

Shav. Ice cold. Zat is a little too emotional. Absolutely love both though. Arguably my two current favs and have been for 12 months plus.

Welcome btw all the noobs to the ShavZat hype train

Burns fight made Khamzat look human. If a bjj blackbelt can out strike you than your gonna get put out cold one day. Hell i swear khamzat got knocked down 2-3 times in that fight and since Shavkat has the edge in striking than im gonna go with him lol.

Both have been so dominant throughout their entire careers no weakness in each has been exposed and exploited even in victory.

No one with credibility could confidently say which would be victorious over the other. It certainly wouldn't be a one-sided beatdown.

Hopefully each has two or three more fights against top competition before an inevitable contest between these two.

I think this has the potential to be an all time great fight.

Having said that I hope one day we could see this as an undefeated champion vs. undefeated challenger fight. Obviously a lot has to happen for both fighters and there are a lot of tough matchups for each but how awesome would it be to finally have a "Someone's 0 has got to go" for the title.

I'm not saying it will happen and the odds are certainly against it but it could be possible.
It’s always very exciting. The last time we had that was probably Izzy vs Costa

Shavkat more composure, better technical ability in the striking department

Khamzat better physical attributes, better technical ability in the wrestling department

gun to my head, I will take Khamzat via granite chin and superior wrestling

Hold off until one of them has the belt. It'll be a great battle when the day finally arrives.

The replies don’t represent the poll, currently Shavkat is favoured by a slight margin. Personally, I got Shavkat via better striking fundamentals. I don’t think Chimaev can take Shav down tbh.

Get shav in there vs burns asap so we can do some serious mmmath. It's the best thing next to them fighting each other

The fans obviously. Both are very skilled and fan friendly

Yea ima give Khamzat the edge in that fight

Khamzat seems like hes more of a physical specimen in terms of raw power, strength etc. Shavkat may be more skilled and have a higher fight IQ though.

Tough fight to call at this point.
I am not so sure Khamzat is more phsyical. Shavkat looks like he has brick hands and a granite chin. Khamzat possibly a bit stronger in wrestling and grappling but wouldn't be certain.

I need to see how Khamzat rebounds after fighting so sloppy against Burns. I definitely think that Shavkat is the better martial artist though.
Rebounds? Rebounds after beating a top contender in arguably the best fight of the year?

Back