• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Shavkat: Colby and Usman don't want the smoke so I'm waiting for a title shot

He really hasn't done enough to earn a title fight imo but if nobody will fight him its probably the only option.

JDM won't be back for quite some time it seems. Horrible luck. Was really looking forward to that fight.

He really hasn't done enough to earn a title fight imo but if nobody will fight him its probably the only option.

JDM won't be back for quite some time it seems. Horrible luck. Was really looking forward to that fight.
I was preemptively calling it the fight of the year, but we'll get that scrap one day, too good not to happen!
No other fights really make sense for him outside of a title shot, colby, or Usman. JDM was in the works, Giblert is next under him, Ian Garry won't take that fight unless it's for a title I assume, and I don't want them to feed Sean "Wayne" Brady to Shavkat and kill his momentum.

"His" tweets always feel so incredibly unauthentic.. which they probably are.. guessing his manager doing all that.

I think it would do him great if he made a video with his smartphone where he briefly talked about what he think Usman/Colby are doing and what he wants then have some asshole put subtitles on it.

Or fucking put a note on an eagles foot or whatever he uses instead of smartphones..

"His" tweets always feel so incredibly unauthentic.. which they probably are.. guessing his manager doing all that.

I think it would do him great if he made a video with his smartphone where he briefly talked about what he think Usman/Colby are doing and what he wants then have some asshole put subtitles on it.

Or fucking put a note on an eagles foot or whatever he uses instead of smartphones..
Yea, I'm guessing it's one of his managers (Daniel Rubenstein and Sayat Abdrakhmanov) hamming it up like most of the foreign guys. He has a youtube channel but isn't very active on it unfortunately.

Yup. He should be next. And shouldn’t risk his TS because of the UFC lollygagging with making title fights happen.

It’s June, and there is no reason barring serious injury, that the winner of Edwards/Belal can’t defend against Shavkat on the December ppv. Or at the very least. The first ppv of 2025.

But to risk the TS, on an unnecessary fight with a top ten fighter is dangerous. Ask Tony, Justin, and several other fighters how dangerous any fight can be. While you are the next fighter in line.

1717957925759.png

Shavkat vs Usman has been the most obvious fight to make for quite some time now but Usman clearly doesn't want it. Shavkat's kinda at that point where he's racked up enough wins that if it's not a title shot next it needs to atleast be a big name that can put him over.

View attachment 1047192

Shavkat vs Usman has been the most obvious fight to make for quite some time now but Usman clearly doesn't want it. Shavkat's kinda at that point where he's racked up enough wins that if it's not a title shot next it needs to atleast be a big name that can put him over.
It should be taken as a forfeit, meaning Shavkat takes over the #1 ranking and Usman moves to #3

What’s he going to do when the fight is close and there’s a rematch?

It should be taken as a forfeit, meaning Shavkat takes over the #1 ranking and Usman moves to #3
I wholeheartedly agree. Usman is on a three fight skid, no reason he should still be ranked #1 over Shavkat

What’s he going to do when the fight is close and there’s a rematch?
They're never giving Belal another title fight as a challenger again lol. Even if he wins I feel like they would skip the Leon rematch so it's more than three fighters vying for the WW title over the last 3 years combined.

Shavkhat is one of my favorite fighters in the sport right now (top 3 for sure) but he doesn't deserve a title shot.

Usman vs. Shavkhat is the fight to make.

They're never giving Belal another title fight as a challenger again lol. Even if he wins I feel like they would skip the Leon rematch so it's more than three fighters vying for the WW title over the last 3 years combined.
I think they have in the UK for a reason. Those judges over there are crazy, Belal's gonna need something HUGE if he's gonna take a decision against Leon over there.

Shavkat's waiting on that title shot while usman and cobly are waiting for that ultra coveted wonderboy fight. Heck might as well just have usman and colby have a wonderboy elimimation match.
I'd be fine with Usman and Colby starting a podcast and leaving fighting forever so we can unjam the top of 170 finally. We have been stuck in a perpetual loop of Usman-Colby-Masvidal-Leon for 5 fucking years.

Neither Colby or Usman should have any say in the matter at this point. Offer them the Shavkat fight, if they refuse, they can just under contract indefinitely

They will retire, or fight. Problem solved. They can't go fight elsewhere if they still have fights remaining, so fuck them. The UFC has to stop letting non-champs think they can call their own shots. Hell, I don't like champs doing it either, but I will concede that at least they have that going for them.

I still don't get why Usman wants Wondermiddleaged man, what does that fight do for him? if he doesn't want to fight the new gen thats fine but just let the UFC know so they remove your ranking and give it to someone that does want to climb.

Back