Serious question- why do people like Conor?

Dude brings the drama in and out of the cage like nobody has and he backs it up.

I can understand liking him as a fighter but so many people seem to buy his douchey personality and thunk he's the man for it. The dude shows no respect to anyone he fights or has fought.

He's respectful after every fight which is what counts more because leading up to the fight he is playing mind games. After the fight he seems to be very respectful, even in defeat, when he lost to joe duffy.

My favorite fighter used to be Anderson because of his exciting fight style. I like brilliance in stand up. Since he got popped, I can't bring myself to cheer for him anymore.

My 2nd favorite was Lyoto Machida, he's #1 now. Lyoto is class in and out of the octagon.

With that said... I'm not a fan of McGregor but I do like his fights. Same thing with Jon Jones. I don't really like loud and brash people.

Is he?
Is it in response to Chad saying that he could beat him (after saying no excuses that night)?

If so, I am with Conor

McGregors camp came up with their share of excuses like the "his knee was injured" and "didn't train wrestling" ones. But people love to ignore those.

He's fun to watch in the cage and entertainingly annoying in interviews. It's just funny.

Because he's a boss. His confidence has people gravitating towards him

I don't understand it either. Never will either.

He has a unique and entertaining style. What else do you need when it comes to liking a fighter?

2 reasons.

Because he's winning fights. MMA fans are fickle as they come.

And also because he knows how to sell a fight. Remember the Chael Sonnen fans that are currently MIA?

You mean love TS, not like.

His mental game is inspirational. You might need a little experience in psychology to appreciate that aspect.

His mental game is inspirational. You might need a little experience in psychology to appreciate that aspect.

Oh stop.

Act like his whole shtick is all that compelling.

He talks trash. Plenty have done it before him (and better), and many more will do it after him.

I would argue that you can't think for yourself if you immediatly get behind the guy who talks over confidently.

Hes a great fighter, and most importantly a finisher. He talks smack, but it isnt malicious, its entertaining.

Because I look up to athletes that are disrespectful and petulant.

I think more people don't like Conor's "personality," the ones who do are just louder.

I think more people don't like Conor's "personality," the ones who do are just louder.

I think it is reversed
If that was the case, he would get a lot more boo's

I would argue that you can't think for yourself if you immediatly get behind the guy who talks over confidently.

And I would suggest for you not to make assumptions. It also seems that you're unfamiliar with his psychological game. Robin Black breaks it down often with a sports psychologist. In short, this is what I appreciate - He has a dream. He projects it. And he goes out and wills it into reality. That is something that everyone can be inspired by, dontchyathink?

Back