Serious question- why do people like Conor?

I think it is reversed
If that was the case, he would get a lot more boo's

Not true. People who go to see the shows with him headlining are basically paying to go see Conor, even in the US. His fans are passionate about him..

But I'd definitely say more people root against him overall.

Not true. People who go to see the shows with him headlining are basically paying to go see Conor, even in the US. His fans are passionate about him..

But I'd definitely say more people root against him overall.

Go to a sports bar & watch. 90% cheers

You know MMA is in a bad spot when its two biggest draws are Conor and Rousey.

Long ago is the golden age.

For the same reason I used to like Anderson: he brings excitement and unpredictability to MMA in an outside the cage. I can see that if you actually followed everything he said and did and took it seriously he might annoy you - but don't do that, then.

You know MMA is in a bad spot when its two biggest draws are Conor and Rousey.

Long ago is the golden age.

Why?
Both are exciting fighters & what exactly is a bad spot?
Making money & garnering attention is good for MMA

Conor has the full package.
Fighting ability, looks, charisma, uniqueness, ect.
He's everything you want from a fighter in my opinion.

I thought that was cool, too. But he's basically recanted on all that now, he's back to talking shit about Chad

I guess that moment after the fight was genuine emotion of a sportsman. Now he's back in the businessman mode. A lot of people love his trash talk, majority of the rest hate it. This makes almost the entire mma fanbase to care about him one way or the other, which is good for selling his fights. (I'm one of those who hate Conor's public image although I consider him a talented and entertaining fighter).

Why?
Both are exciting fighters & what exactly is a bad spot?
Making money & garnering attention is good for MMA

Ronda's last 3 fights have been squashes. No real reason to watch, as its moronic to pay $60 for a card that's main event lasts under 30 seconds. She's not being challenged and its becoming a bore.

Conor hasn't beaten anyone but Mendes, and even before the finish he hardly looked like a champion. In fact he'd have much less of a following if not for his gift of gab. The man knows how to sell a fight, he's got a sharp tongue. Its the "Chael Sonnen effect" essentially, where a fighter can become massive more so for their words than their fights.

Its irrelevant anyway, as MMA has been watered down and neutered the last 3-4 years.

Oh stop.

Act like his whole shtick is all that compelling.

He talks trash. Plenty have done it before him (and better), and many more will do it after him.

I'm not talking about the trash-talking aspect. Have you ever listened or watched Robin Black's and sport psychologist David Mullins's psychological breakdowns?

Have you traversed all the sports bars across the world? That's quite a feat.

Don't be so stupid

Every video & every report said people went crazy when Conor won.

Sherdog is not representative of the real world.

McGregors camp came up with their share of excuses like the "his knee was injured" and "didn't train wrestling" ones. But people love to ignore those.

he beat Mendes and was making excuses for it?

are you for real?

Ronda's last 3 fights have been squashes. No real reason to watch, as its moronic to pay $60 for a card that's main event lasts under 30 seconds. She's not being challenged and its becoming a bore.

Conor hasn't beaten anyone but Mendes, and even before the finish he hardly looked like a champion. In fact he'd have much less of a following if not for his gift of gab. The man knows how to sell a fight, he's got a sharp tongue. Its the "Chael Sonnen effect" essentially, where a fighter can become massive more so for their words than their fights.

Its irrelevant anyway, as MMA has been watered down and neutered the last 3-4 years.

You are projecting your feelings as the truth
The masses find both Conor & Ronda exciting.
They are both extremely hard workers as well & neither has been caught cheating, etc.
They are both great for MMA
I don't even like Ronda & think her personality sucks, but having her in MMA brings excitement & I can respect that!

145 is a good division, he brings attention to the little guys, they need someone like Conor who can run his mouth and then back it up.

So far his fights have all been very good/entertaining. He has very diverse striking and is always going for the finish. Fun to watch fight for sure. I guess that's what I like about him.

Don't be so stupid

Every video & every report said people went crazy when Conor won.

Sherdog is not representative of the real world.

It's more representative of hardcore fans than you'll find in sports bars, lol.

I never said Conor wasn't a polarizing figure. Obviously he is. I said a lot of people don't "like him.." and we all know why without me having to say so.

272C51A800000578-3020193-image-a-8_1427839474946.jpg

It's more representative of hardcore fans than you'll find in sports bars, lol.

I never said Conor wasn't a polarizing figure. Obviously he is. I said a lot of people don't "like him.." and we all know why without me having to say so.

No, you said more dislike him than like him - VERY DIFFERENT
You are also moving the goalpost by changing "fans" to "hardcore" fans

next time just say
"Most old school hardcore fans dislike Conor"

Most would agree

The same way in 1970, most old school boxing fans disliked Ali, but most fans loved him

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back