Serious question- why do people like Conor?

Aerose91

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This isn't a bash thread on his haters or getting into some stupid arguments, i just want to understand why people like him. He's an elite fighter, no doubt about that so that's not in question. It's his lack of respect for everyone around him that gets me.

For example: when asked about Joe Duffy prior to 189 he said that since Duffy "didn't use my name in vain" he had no problems with him. Yet he uses EVERYONE around him's name in vain like it's an entitlement.

In every interview now he makes sure to mention "My business partner Lorenzo Fertitta"

Even the Mendes fight- he seemed somewhat humble in his post fight interview which was refreshing, but now he's back to even bashing Chad about being hyped up at the weigh ins. Hes just trying to find a way to keep talking Chad down. The list goes on and on

The dude is talented with manipulating words and projecting out over confidence, but do people buy it?

I honestly want to hear from Conor fans. What is it that u like about him?

Talks the talk and walks the walk

Closest thing MMA has ever had to their own Muhammad Ali

He's talented, confident, and so far has backed up what he's said. His brashness and cockiness have made him a millionaire, and he talks a lot about being in the game to make money. He knows how to play the game and realizes he's in the sports entertainment business as well as the fight business.

People like a winner, and so far he's been doing just that.

Fun to watch
Both in interviews & fighting
I also respect him as a businessman

I was never a huge fan, but at the end of 189 when he broke down & showed that side I thought it was a legit moment.
I also liked how he embraced Chad & told him how legend it was to step in for Aldo

He's entertaining, charismatic and finishes fights. And even people who hate him will still watch his fights in hopes of seeing him lose.

Fun to watch
Both in interviews & fighting
I also respect him as a businessman

I was never a huge fan, but at the end of 189 when he broke down & showed that side I thought it was a legit moment.
I also liked how he embraced Chad & told him how legend it was to step in for Aldo

I thought that was cool, too. But he's basically recanted on all that now, he's back to talking shit about Chad

Because he is talented, has elite striking and finishes fights. He talks shit to his opponents but he backs it up big time.

Because people want to see great fighters having awesome fights. Who gives a shit about what he says. As long as he goes in there to take heads clean off I'm tuning in.

I thought that was cool, too. But he's basically recanted on all that now, he's back to talking shit about Chad

Is he?
Is it in response to Chad saying that he could beat him (after saying no excuses that night)?

If so, I am with Conor

he shows up, he fights, and he finishes his opponents.

Because people want to see great fighters having awesome fights. Who gives a shit about what he says. As long as he goes in there to take heads clean off I'm tuning in.

Conor said that.

This isn't a bash thread on his haters or getting into some stupid arguments, i just want to understand why people like him. He's an elite fighter, no doubt about that so that's not in question. It's his lack of respect for everyone around him that gets me.

For example: when asked about Joe Duffy prior to 189 he said that since Duffy "didn't use my name in vain" he had no problems with him. Yet he uses EVERYONE around him's name in vain like it's an entitlement.

In every interview now he makes sure to mention "My business partner Lorenzo Fertitta"

Even the Mendes fight- he seemed somewhat humble in his post fight interview which was refreshing, but now he's back to even bashing Chad about being hyped up at the weigh ins. Hes just trying to find a way to keep talking Chad down. The list goes on and on

The dude is talented with manipulating words and projecting out over confidence, but do people buy it?

I honestly want to hear from Conor fans. What is it that u like about him?

All we heard since that fight is full camp chad etc.So conor isnt allowed to respond?

And the reason people are a fan is he a brutal finisher and he talks the talk which gets u interested before the fight.

When you care if a guy wins or loses a fight is way more interesting

Charisma. I'm not a big fan of the guy but I respect how well he has done for himself with his marketing / self promotion.

The fact that he's an exciting stand and bang fighter doesn't hurt either.

He can fight. He can talk. It is fascinating how someone can be so confident in themselves when the wide majority of people are not. It gives inspiration to do the things you want to achieve.

Back