Serious question- why do people like Conor?

I personally find his persona exhausting, but he's certainly brought a lot of excitement to the division and the sport in general. Would like to see him and his fans humbled though.

I do like watching him fight (since I started getting serious about kick-boxing I appreciate strikers even more than before), I guess I just don't "get" his humor/trash talk; and I'm a big Chael fan, inside and outside the cage, so it's not like I can't like a confident trash talker.

Conor is very appealing to the average slack-jawed hillbilly, and if he makes MMA more popular that's a good thing.

But yeah, not a big fan. I'm the kinda guy who will watch him fight Aldo hoping he loses, mainly to see the public reaction, Sherdog in particular.

I find his whole approach to training and pursuit of becoming a better martial artist inspiring. I also have mad respect for his unwavering self-belief even if it makes him come of as douchey sometimes.

I get why people like him. He's definitely a fun fighter and unique personality. All the GOAT stuff and Conor Bless and whatnot doesn't make any sense to me.

I can understand liking him as a fighter but so many people seem to buy his douchey personality and thunk he's the man for it. The dude shows no respect to anyone he fights or has fought.

This isn't a bash thread on his haters or getting into some stupid arguments, i just want to understand why people like him. He's an elite fighter, no doubt about that so that's not in question. It's his lack of respect for everyone around him that gets me.

For example: when asked about Joe Duffy prior to 189 he said that since Duffy "didn't use my name in vain" he had no problems with him. Yet he uses EVERYONE around him's name in vain like it's an entitlement.

In every interview now he makes sure to mention "My business partner Lorenzo Fertitta"

Even the Mendes fight- he seemed somewhat humble in his post fight interview which was refreshing, but now he's back to even bashing Chad about being hyped up at the weigh ins. Hes just trying to find a way to keep talking Chad down. The list goes on and on

The dude is talented with manipulating words and projecting out over confidence, but do people buy it?

I honestly want to hear from Conor fans. What is it that u like about him?

Lol at "honestly." You aren't posting in good faith. Name a knockout artist and title challenger who hasn't had fans.

I get why people like him. He's definitely a fun fighter and unique personality. All the GOAT stuff and Conor Bless and whatnot doesn't make any sense to me.

It started as trolling but since he has lived up to every expectation as of yet I don't see what there is that doesn't make sense.

Guys like Chad, Aldo, Cub, Dustin... they started trash talking Conor saying he was a joke back ever since he joined the UFC

That is done to get under peoples skin.
People get irate over that & its funny to see

I don't understand how people can not like him. He's the most exciting thing in the sport right now.

Skilled and charismatic.

Puts his reputation on the line.

Undefeated fighters have unlimited potential.

Your op really sucks. Not a single example of him being disrespectful in any other way than retaliation. Mendes is clearly the one talking shit, he's the one looking to climb back up.

Tunnelvision can make anyone look bad.

Your op really sucks. Not a single example of him being disrespectful in any other way than retaliation. Mendes is clearly the one talking shit, he's the one looking to climb back up.

You're crazy, Conor has made a living on preemptively shit talking every single fighter he's faced.

He shit talked Siver and and Dennis would barely reciprocate.

This isn't a bash thread on his haters or getting into some stupid arguments, i just want to understand why people like him. He's an elite fighter, no doubt about that so that's not in question. It's his lack of respect for everyone around him that gets me.

For example: when asked about Joe Duffy prior to 189 he said that since Duffy "didn't use my name in vain" he had no problems with him. Yet he uses EVERYONE around him's name in vain like it's an entitlement.

In every interview now he makes sure to mention "My business partner Lorenzo Fertitta"

Even the Mendes fight- he seemed somewhat humble in his post fight interview which was refreshing, but now he's back to even bashing Chad about being hyped up at the weigh ins. Hes just trying to find a way to keep talking Chad down. The list goes on and on

The dude is talented with manipulating words and projecting out over confidence, but do people buy it?

I honestly want to hear from Conor fans. What is it that u like about him?

The only people he 'disrespects' are possible opponents. When you understand that, and that it's not really real, you'll be a fan too.

He's a great fighter, he talks like a motherfucker and walks the walk. He's so fucking fun to watch. He simply brings the hype.

Lmao. He talked shit on every single fighter in his division before fighting any of them.

It started as trolling but since he has lived up to every expectation as of yet I don't see what there is that doesn't make sense.

With him still being just a number one contender, a legitimate one, but still just a contender, I don't see how he has lived up to it. Aldo is still champ, and has been for some time, beating all comers.

Additionally, Mendes made him look quite beatable.

Conner is very fun to watch and has charisma and potential, but he needs to beat Aldo before any of this becomes even a fraction of legitimate.

Honestly, he had better have a legendary level title reign akin to GSP/Anderson to add any legitimacy to all of these ravings.

Back