Serious question about fan bases.

i literally cant get into the mindset of how much of a pathetic loser you would have to be to get a Ronda or Conor face tattoo on your person

The McGuigan love affair has made a slight resurgence with him being Frampton's manager and Shane being his coach. Back then of course McGuigan getting the support of both Catholics and Protestants was amazing, would have loved to see him fight in Belfast, preferably the King's Hall.

This is an old link that I've posted once or twice on here, but I think it's still pretty insane how McGuigan was able to draw as many people in as he did. Of course we all know a lot of the reasons for it went beyond what happened in the ring. But he also had a personality and in ring style that appealed to many people who didn't care about the politic story surrounding him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3805351.stm

From 1981 to the time the article was written in June of 2004, McGuigan had the 4th & 5th most watched sporting events on UK television during that whole time frame. Only bested by 3 World Cup games in 1998.

method=get&s=qye5qqk-02-04-2016-17-23-19-7.jpg

IR5NpJHeBgI.jpg

method=get&s=83455108p-02-04-2016-17-23-21-886.jpg
method=get&s=fedortattoo-02-04-2016-17-23-22-568.jpg

I wonder if any Brock fans got his sword tattooed on them...

As an aside, I sort of want to run into one of these people with a pro fighter tattooed on them. It seems like it'd be an interesting experience, for better or worse.

All ur bases R belong to us

I think Conor fans are the only fan base into cosplay

watch-a-mcgregor-lookalike-asked-conor-if-hell-learn-portugese-to-taunt-aldo-in-the-octagon.jpg

And Conor fans are the only fan base to write fanfic:eek:

Her eyes lashed out – pinning Conor momentarily at the perimeter of the bags.

Conor cocked an eyebrow, and then slowly made his way over to her. Ronda’s intense eyes followed his every step like a bear stalking an unguarded picnic.

Finally, he stopped at the table where she was leaning, apparently casually. A closer look revealed that her muscular, yet feminine frame was coiled with tension. She exuded danger, like an Onix cornered in a Rock Tunnel.

“Ronda,” he smirked.

“Conor,” she hissed.

http://mmafanfic.com/2016/04/18/ufc-lonely-hearts-club/

watch-a-mcgregor-lookalike-asked-conor-if-hell-learn-portugese-to-taunt-aldo-in-the-octagon.jpg

Conor cocked an eyebrow, and then slowly made his way over to her. Ronda’s intense eyes followed his every step like a bear stalking an unguarded picnic.

Finally, he stopped at the table where she was leaning, apparently casually. A closer look revealed that her muscular, yet feminine frame was coiled with tension. She exuded danger, like an Onix cornered in a Rock Tunnel.

“Ronda,” he smirked.

“Conor,” she hissed.

jizzyjizzy.gif

“Ronda,” he smirked.

“Conor,” she hissed.

I'm perplexed by the fanfics... Can this fandom get any lower?

“Ronda,” he smirked.

“Conor,” she hissed.

Hahahahah that Ronda thing is very funny

Reminds me a bit of Chael fans during the Anderson hype. Way more retarded though.

I think Conor fans are probably the most passionate. The nut huggery is real. Ireland is not known for doing well in sports/olympics in general. Nothing much happens there to be honest. So if anyone out of there does well, they're likely to jump on.

His fandom is nothing compared to NFL/Soccer doe.

Katie+Taylor+Olmpics.jpg

Hockey in Canada seems fucking crazy to me, they tear down fucking cities over that shit.

Fedora fans are worse. They go absolutely crazy over this flabby Russian with dead fish eyes who has the personality of a head of cabbage. Even though he won a lot, why would anyone care if he won? What is there about him to create an emotional investment in the fan? Nothing! That's why he never became a star in the Western world. In this part o the world we like to have a reason to want a certain fighter to win, whether it's personality, a look, or charisma.

Back