Sergey Pavlovich signed with UFC

Good news. Now they need to do everything they can to sign the best HW in MMA Vitaly Minakov and then the division can have some interest.
Minakov just said few days ago that he owns 8 fights to Bellator, if you are interested.

He is a well rounded fighter who has greco-romain wrestling base (good balance and sprawl,hard to take down), fast dynamic hands and cardio to go for 3-5 rounds. I think that Minakov,Volkov,Pavlovich and Goltsov are the best russian heavyweights and overall they are equally skilled. Would like to see them all in the UFC because they are top 15 material. The only problem I see with Sergey is USADA. Russian promotions have zero doping tests and the guy looks like he's on juice. So when he undergoes the testing his athleticism and cardio will most likely deteriorate and he won't be as good. I still expect him to reach top 15 sooner or later. Guys like Abdurakhimov,Oleinik,Arlovski are all in the top and he's better than those 3 without a doubt.

Lhw and hw are finally starting to get a good amount of prospects these days. Good stuff

Yes. It may take another year or 2 but both divisions could end up being much much better than they are now if the fighters live up to their potential/hype. Really good signing here and hopefully they add the other few fighters that are making noise in Russia/Europe right now at LHW and HW. Those divisions need all the help they can get.

Alexander Volkov
Curtis Blaydes
Tai Tuivasa
Sergey Pavlovich

The UFC Heavyweight Landscape is starting to look good.

How dare you forget black beast! And this is a good signing and hw is coming together lately. Jones should fight hw when he comes back too so he'll be right in the mix. Greg hardy will fight the low level cats but if he looks good he'll get a push asap. Not a bad division anymore. Dc/lesnar going to be fireworks too.

Good news. Now they need to do everything they can to sign the best HW in MMA Vitaly Minakov and then the division can have some interest.
Enough with the slob Minakov. Best days are behind him as he's never coming to the UFC. Severely overrated on here anyway.

I'm guessing he costs a lot more though.

Pavlovich is definitely one of the most naturally talented new HW's around today atlhoguh he is still IMHO developing, especially his standup that whilst dangerous can be pretty wild.

Even though I sympathize with Russian fighters, I have to agree with Spekty about Pavlovich possibly being on juice and thus his performance deteriorating once he makes his UFC debut. IMO, Volkov is the best Russian HW we're going to observe in the UFC for a while and even though his fights look like boring shit more often than not, his KO win over Werdum was quite impressive. Sadly, I can't see Volkov getting past black Fedor or Miocic, I think he will be relegated to the role of an eternal gatekepeer.

Enough with the slob Minakov. Best days are behind him as he's never coming to the UFC. Severely overrated on here anyway.
slob? LMAO. he is one of the most decorated athletes out of Russia. you have no clue what you are talking about. LMAO Volkov is number 1 contender in UFC HW and Minakov beat him very very easily.

not only he is 21-0 undefeated in MMA, he is a world class grand master in sambo, and black belt in literally every style. Disgusting to call him a slob, you must be thinking of yourself

My advice to the UFC is not to let this new and upcoming heavyweight content ders to fight each other,

Let them build and develop their careers first and they will have a superstar in the future.
"my advice to the UFC".......................LOL

George-Costanza-OMG-Facepalm.gif

slob? LMAO. he is one of the most decorated athletes out of Russia. you have no clue what you are talking about. LMAO Volkov is number 1 contender in UFC HW and Minakov beat him very very easily.

not only he is 21-0 undefeated in MMA, he is a world class grand master in sambo, and black belt in literally every style. Disgusting to call him a slob, you must be thinking of yourself
On his nuts much? The dude is a slob now, yeah he beat a very young and green Volkov, congrats to him. Hasn't fought anyone in years now and looks horrible lately. 2 minutes into a fight now and he's breathing like Kimbo vs Dada. Fight to fight you never know what he's gonna look like now. In Bellator he was obviously very good but that was the past. Now his body is sloppy and he just wings ugly shots at cans. Dude wasted his career and doesn't take it seriously anymore.

He maybe a dumbass for not finishing his contract with Bellator and now fighting in an entry level promotion,

But he's definitely not a slob.

The dude is legit.

Honestly, I am not too excited about this. Pavlovich has never really looked like a potential UFC champion imo.

Deepest HW has looked in years pumped for his debut Blaydes will rise to the top of this heap soon tho I beileve

He maybe a dumbass for not finishing his contract with Bellator and now fighting in an entry level promotion,

The dude is legit.
Your living in the past. He WAS legit, now he out of shape ad fighting cans. You really think his head down, winging ugly shots gonna work vs the elite guys? Plus he gets tired after about a minute now. Almost got his head knocked off vs DJ Linderman lol

The dude is legit.
He used to weigh in between like 238-245 noe he's close to HW limit at like 261. Slob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back