Why is Gane ranked above Pavlovich?

Gane is 2-2 in the last 2 years, the 2 wins being over Tai Tuivasa and Sergey Spivak. In the same time period Pavlovich is 4-0 with wins over Curtis Blaydes, Tai Tuivasa, Derrick Lewis, and Shamil Abdurakhimov. And Blaydes is the best fighter either of them has beaten.

This is an example of the persisting problem with the rankings where name value matters more than who you have beaten in the last two years. He has fought for two titles and everyone knows him therefore let's put him above the surging contender who is knocking everyone out and deserves it more.

You're 100% right sir, Oav should absolutely be in front of Gane.

Gane bigger $ draw. Dana logic. But likely a lazy oversight. Being in 2 title fights help Gane notoriety. Losing to champs do not auto drop rank. Pav is getting interim title shot signals his rank viewed highly and will get revised soon if he does well. Money and title shots more important than rankings.

Who has Pav actually fought compared to Jon Jones and Francis? {<diva} Even if you lost, those are the best HW-s
You get credit in the rankings for the guys you actually beat. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to be ranked based on your losses.

He was a stupid heel hook attempt away from beating Francis. That's why.

It hardly matters anyway as Pav is still getting the interim title fight.

He's still ranked higher because Gane UD's Pavlovich 9x out of 10 despite everyone dogging his skills for losing to Francis and Jones.
So you rank fighters based on fights that haven't happened?

There is a certain man named Curtis Blaydes, who you just happened to leave out. Also Gane looked like shit against Tuivasa and got rocked multiple times. Pavlovich didn't.

Do i have to repeat for the frickin 10 thousandth time that I rank Pav higher?

It is CLOSE though, and not something to worry about given that PAV IS FIGHTING FOR THE TITLE

That's literally not true. Tai was ranked higher than Pav when he beat them. Blaydes was right next to him in the rankings. Who did Gane beat that was higher in the rankings?
I meant currently. Who in the rankings has Pavlovich beat that is higher ranked than him now?

Gane is 2-2 in the last 2 years, the 2 wins being over Tai Tuivasa and Sergey Spivak. In the same time period Pavlovich is 4-0 with wins over Curtis Blaydes, Tai Tuivasa, Derrick Lewis, and Shamil Abdurakhimov. And Blaydes is the best fighter either of them has beaten.

This is an example of the persisting problem with the rankings where name value matters more than who you have beaten in the last two years. He has fought for two titles and everyone knows him therefore let's put him above the surging contender who is knocking everyone out and deserves it more.

It might be a problem if the rankings mattered, but they don’t.

If it did matter, which it doesn’t, there’s always going to be a debate about when a streaking but less tested fighter should leapfrog someone who is further ahead on the ladder but has lost.

Gane remains highly regarded and ranked because as interim champion he outstruck Ngannou and was on his way to winning the title before he tried and ill-advised leg lock.

You or I may predict that Pav would do better against Francis and/or Jones, but we don’t know because he hasn’t faced them yet.

Personally I would have Pav ahead by a spot after the Blaydes win, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter.

That's literally not true. Tai was ranked higher than Pav when he beat them. Blaydes was right next to him in the rankings. Who did Gane beat that was higher in the rankings?

Both guys obviously beat several guys who ranked ahead of them at the time, that’s how successful careers work 100% of the time.

Just cause he got a title shot first and stuck in the top 3

Because the UFC is desperate for the French market and Gane is there best ticket there.

So you made these posts just to troll? I guess that's the easiest out for you.
No. Pavlovich hasn't beat anyone to be higher than Gane. Gane had a close fight with Ngannou. We'll see soon enough.

Landing a groin strike to Jon Jones is much more impressive than an early stoppage of Curtis Blaydes…

I see nothing wrong with the rankings.

So you rank fighters based on fights that haven't happened?
No. Pavlovich isn't a wrestler by any meaning of the word and Gane has made every big power puncher hes ever faced look foolish on the feet. No way Gane shouldn't be a heavy heavy favorite in a fight vs Pavlovich.

Back