Self-confessed feminist says women should take catcalling as a compliment

Yeah, I think you nailed it on the head in an earlier thread saying women are guided by their emotions so if it feels right then it is right. This speaks to how perception defines reality, like how the word "rape" instantly triggers a specific reaction. We have a very clear definition in our minds and it's definitely bad, but when you examine the reality it's sometimes a harder call to make.

In this case, "catcalling" I think is defined by its negative connotations, and if there's anything positive about it then it no longer is deemed a catcall. That's not really bullshit because how you feel is how you feel, and to some people the two things are very separate. I understand how feminists wouldn't want to relent because without indignation the movement dissolves, and the movement, too, is a separate thing from the actual occurrences.

yeah, i think the problem the feminists have, is that they see catcalling as objectifying women. well it's hard to deny this, since men are drawn to the physical beauty of women. feminists who usually take issue with this, are lesbians who are not seeking male attention, so they don't take anything from a catcall. most straight females i don't believe take offense, because they understand the dynamics of attraction between males and females. that's my opinion on this, anyway.

i guess in theory, i think you're right about feminists catcalling males. part of the reason for that, may be because feminists seem to want to attain power that females don't usually have. isn't the entire feminist-movement about gaining power to become equal, and in some instances, more powerful than males? but then i think there are two problems with this. 1), in straight-sexual relations between males and females, it is natural within males to initiate interest, while the female takes in said-interest, and then decides whether the advance is wanted. so it's always an innate, "power-move" by the male. and, 2) the feminist movement was really started by lesbians who didn't have an interest in men, and wanted to act like men by gaining power and changing the way in which females act in society. so they wouldn't be catcalling males, since their interest is the same with males: sexual desires for women.

i agree that catcalling is basically a compliment to a woman. it reinforces her sexuality by letting her know that she is wanted by the opposite sex. it's strange how any straight-woman could be against that. sure, if a male only sees a woman as a sexual object, i can see how a woman would be offended. but catcalling doesn't ONLY mean that a male sees her strictly in that way. people have to be smarter than to assume this.

Most of the feminism movement right now has very little to do with women trying to become equal , because the reality is they already are more or less at least in this time.

will need pics of you eating ice cream to confirm.
maxresdefault.jpg

Most of the feminism movement has very little to do with women trying to become equal , because the reality is they already are more or less at least in this time

i personally never thought they weren't equal, at least not in terms of importance to humanity. males and females need each other. we're different but equal. but that's why i brought up lesbians, because they don't see the sexes as equal, because they want women to behave in a way that males behave in, because it is in their psyche. it seems, at least to me, that they see an inherent imbalance of power when females act in society the way they do. they see males as dominant, and women as subservient. i don't see it that way, but i think lesbians see it in that way.

isn't the entire feminist-movement about gaining power to become equal, and in some instances, more powerful than males?
Negative. It's about addressing a perceived deficit. I feel X and that is wrong. Asking for equality or whatever is just politicking. A negotiation tactic, if you will.

Women can take catcalling on a personal level as they like.

i personally never thought they weren't equal, at least not in terms of importance to humanity. males and females need each other. we're different but equal. but that's why i brought up lesbians, because they don't see the sexes as equal, because they want women to behave in a way that males behave in, because it is in their psyche. it seems, at least to me, that they see an inherent imbalance of power when females act in society the way they do. they see males as dominant, and women as subservient. i don't e it that way, but i think lesbians see it in that way.

I have always thought a feminist's (whether its a hardcore lesbian or go-along-with-trend girl) perception of reality is dictated by two things mostly. 1) The idea that men "hate" woman , just because he criticizes one or even a bunch of them. 2) Ability to be successful is just sort of given to men and not women either by society or nature . Both those things couldn't be more twisted.

Negative. It's about addressing a perceived deficit. I feel X and that is wrong. Asking for equality or whatever is just politicking. A negotiation tactic, if you will.

"perceived deficit" sounds a bit vague to me. "deficit" implies you're being short-changed on something, or falling short of something. wouldn't that amount to not having enough, or not being equal to something? not trying to nitpick, am really trying to understand what you mean.

Well,even if its a compliment I am sure its mostly annoying to women. When you hear the same shit 5,000 times a day you cant give a shit about it anymore. Who wants someone interrupting your thoughts with such nonsense. Someone who does it,do they not know that happens to them all day every day? Hell,im from NY,who says just "hello" to someone they dont know ,around here? Fuck that shit.

No the guy isnt a rapist or anything like that for doing it,but its fuckin annoying,especially when they pretend there is no way she should be irritated by that.

Mehhh. Different people take things differently. How about just stop catcalling, it's usually done by ugly and fat guys anyway.

Some guys just have no game and don't know how to approach women. Instead of talk shit or being offended...they should just offer them some constructive tips for the future.

Mehhh. Different people take things differently. How about just stop catcalling, it's usually done by ugly and fat guys anyway.
Right. Would men want ugly fat chicks hollering "let me suck your dick!" every day. I know some of you would say yes lol but trust me,that would get so old real quick. I know it would bother most women,so i dont do it,and i think those that do are being pricks. They know they are being pricks,and pretending that they arent.

"what,i cant just say good morning beautiful!??"

Why cant you just leave the girl alone? she probably hears that every day,she dont care.

"perceived deficit" sounds a bit vague to me. "deficit" implies you're being short-changed on something, or falling short of something. wouldn't that amount to not having enough, or not being equal to something? not trying to nitpick, am really trying to understand what you mean.
You're right on track. Feminists feel that women are treated rotten under certain circumstances; therefore those circumstances are certainly wrong. "Deficit" here is synonymous with "things should not be this way." What things should be -- that's harder to determine.

While we can make the assumption that addressing a deficit means the push for equality or superiority, we really shouldn't because that's kind of a strawman argument. We're putting words into their mouths and that's the very thing feminists hate, which only fuels their belligerence.

Splendid are the undulations of your ample bosom as you saunter down the boulevard, Madam.

Splendid are the undulations of your ample bosom as you saunter down the boulevard, Madam.

The rhythmic rising and falling of your supple mammaries is perfectly in tune with life and death,the alpha and the omega. A ceremony of opposites.

The rhythmic rising and falling of your supple mammaries is perfectly in tune with life and death,the alpha and the omega. A ceremony of opposites.
My heart is aflutter and the temperature of this mortal coil rises.
Perchance would thou cares bestow upon me thine digits?

Meh, a compliment is a compliment personally.

Another reason to get in shape, I'm miss bitches straight on hitting on me, regardless of age or fitness.

Tell me how handsome I am damn it.

Get back to the gym , fatty.

The video of ten hours in New York?

The one during which she only got 2 minutes worth of "harassment" that amounted to people saying "good morning"?

Granted, the one black guy who flat out followed her was creepy as hell but aside from that, yeah. Triggered over nothing.

ypu need to stop with this cawk mountain stuff.
You can say what you mean
brokeback

seriously any guy with a tinder account and a bf% less than 15 can get multiple women a month if he lives in a big city.

Cawk mountain isn't a special women only phenomenon.

True. My point and it's well documented online from various sources; once attention stops coming, looks don't matter and it's time to play homemaker. Furthermore thee women bitching about being catcalled bitch about not getting attention anymore.

To be honest dudes who catcall aren't going to rape a woman. It's tacky yes and I guess it's demeaning to some women but to say those idiots who catcall are rapists is ridiculous.
Yeah. I think it's childish, something a teenager would do. But I wouldn't say it's dangerous. Just annoying.

Back