Self-confessed feminist says women should take catcalling as a compliment

Catcalling is low life and bad manners.

Guys that do it are only trying to act like they are some bad ass showing off to their buddies.

A man should have out grown that dumb type of shit by the time they are 12 or 13 years old.

I think the "problem" with cat calling is just a tad overblown. Just a tad. I've never in my life heard these blatant movie scene-like cat calls in public made by grown men. Most men are smart enough to know that that approach will get them nowhere. I'm sure it happens, but it's not like every hot chick walking the streets have to put up with comments like "Nice ass baby! Want to suck my dick?" from every dude they walk past.

I'll never forget the time when my friend was drunk as hell and shouted, "Nice shitter, bitch!" to this really hot women in tight pants in the parking lot of a bar while we were waiting for our dealer.

She turned her head and started laughing while trying to cover her ass. Good times.

laughing-gif11.gif

"Self confessed feminist"

Wtf does that even mean.

All it has to say is "feminist says she doesn't mind being cat-called" - the self-confessed addition belies an obvious bias and inability to communicate properly using written English.

whatever get's you through the day fella. No more rape. It's wrong and illegal. You will get caught.

Lmao your a walking meme, guy. Go back to Reddit and learn some more lame comebacks.

If you're cat calling and you're older than 14, you're creepy and you're a loser.
Ironically I've only ever been catcalled by cars full of underage girls, so I guess cool?

"A WOMAN has admitted she enjoys being “catcalled” and doesn’t understand why others find it offensive.

Student and self-confessed feminist Charley Scoggins said she reckons females shouldn’t feel patronised, offended or degraded when they’re told they’ve got a “tight a*s” or a “juicy rack”.

However many people have criticised her comments on social media, warning her: “Normalising this harassment only serves to perpetuate the climate of rape culture."

"The 20-year-old said: “If I look as good as I feel, it’s great to hear that somebody, or a group of somebodies, agrees with me.”

- http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...t/news-story/f93ac33320c48c6f9d2ca8486e97d50b

right, so this is cool and all. girls should not be so offended by a cat call or a wolf whistle at all. i personally dont think there is any real ill intentions behind them, as apposed to stalking girls in alleys late at night or like that english guy that raped and murdered that gorgeous aussie girl after taking her home whilst she was black out drunk at a bar in england.

the main gripe i have with this article is that i call bullshit. this girl wouldnt be cat called and she isnt hot. so this whole story is a fucking farce.

18b853b71c1a938586c92f6e518d701c

If she were in the right clothes she'd be hot. Someone might have wanted to lift her spirits.

I'll never forget the time when my friend was drunk as hell and shouted, "Nice shitter, bitch!" to this really hot women in tight pants in the parking lot of a bar while we were waiting for our dealer.

She turned her head and started laughing while trying to cover her ass. Good times.
I honked at a jogger when she stopped and bent over to tie her shoe years ago and she lost it and started chasing my car lol. Indeed good times.

Ironically I've only ever been catcalled by cars full of underage girls, so I guess cool?
Same with me once when I got out on the highway drunk and pissed toward oncoming traffic. It wasn't a cold night so it was all good.

i'd say that all women love catcalls, so long as it's coming from someone who they want catcalling them. this is why women can be extremely hypocritical. some smelly fatass catcalling a woman will be scorned, while brad pitt catcalling a woman will result in blushing and fantasies of getting boned by brad pitt. it's relative, and women who don't agree, are bullshitting us.

A lot of guys and woman haters refuse to put themselves in the woman's shoes. That is why many guys don't understand why many women dislike it.

When that woman posted that video of her walking around NYC. So many guys on youtube replied calling her a 'bitch and stuck up for not appreciatin the comments.

As it stands guys don't like attention from scary/gross girls so why would women like it from men?

That's bullshit. I get loads of attention from scary/gross women and it's totally fine, flattering even.

That video was edited and I guarantee the 10 who walked in it would not ditch her looks to remove the attention. Why? Because the attention is real social capital, she's wealthy and a cat call or advance is a result of that.

I get asked to get things off shelves for short people, it's a fucking cross i bear.

Shit is on a continuum. At one end I got people who say, 'shit you're big/tall/strong/hard etc' and at the other end are people who start a fight with me to establish their dominance.

I do not chastise every fucker who notices I'm a damn threat/asset, the only problem is those that get violent.

How is that different? It ain't.

A blanket ban on people noticing reality and commenting on it because you're such a special snowflake you can't distinguish between that and a violent attack is beyond stupid.

Seriously. Wake up.

Super secret: Women love it when you say they have a juicy rack. Try it on your friends, or on your sister or mom on their birthdays.

i'd say that all women love catcalls, so long as it's coming from someone who they want catcalling them. this is why women can be extremely hypocritical. some smelly fatass catcalling a woman will be scorned, while brad pitt catcalling a woman will result in blushing and fantasies of getting boned by brad pitt. it's relative, and women who don't agree, are bullshitting us.

I'm sure it isn't absolute & some
women just straight up hate it.
Like lesbians, for one... & some
women must just love it. Whether
openly or in secret. I'm sure it isn't
black & white... like all issues
pertaining to sex, gender & sexuality.
Really, it's their prerogative.

But in the instances that your
assertion IS true... I don't mind it,
to be honest. "Survival of the fittest"
must manifest itself in some ways
in a society where we are expected
to adhere to very rigid rules relating
to suppressed desire & implied roles

Yeah, I think you nailed it on the head in an earlier thread saying women are guided by their emotions so if it feels right then it is right. This speaks to how perception defines reality, like how the word "rape" instantly triggers a specific reaction. We have a very clear definition in our minds and it's definitely bad, but when you examine the reality it's sometimes a harder call to make.

In this case, "catcalling" I think is defined by its negative connotations, and if there's anything positive about it then it no longer is deemed a catcall. That's not really bullshit because how you feel is how you feel, and to some people the two things are very separate. I understand how feminists wouldn't want to relent because without indignation the movement dissolves, and the movement, too, is a separate thing from the actual occurrences.

Lol, no. I was banging multiple poon on the regular then. It just rubbed me the wrong g way, for whatever reason. its probably because they emphasized good on a real homosexual way. Mmmmmm...looks gooooooooooood...lol

will need pics of you eating ice cream to confirm.

Shouldn't feminists be trying to catcall hot dudes tho? It seems weird that they're against catcalling. Besides, no press is bad press. Guys catcall because they admire the way the woman looks and want her in bed, isn't that a loving act? Catcalling is loving.

Shouldn't feminists be trying to catcall hot dudes tho? It seems weird that they're against catcalling. Besides, no press is bad press. Guys catcall because they admire the way the woman looks and want her in bed, isn't that a loving act? Catcalling is loving.
I liked your post before you edited
it. lol I can't really say that it's a
"loving act" cause I doubt the cat
calling they're referring to in the OP
is sensual or of good intent. There
are ways to do it subtly... but the
quotes/examples in the OP is not
that. lol

Though, I do agree that more females,
particularly, feminists, should start
outwardly expressing desire the
same way us men have had the
privilege of doing freely forever.

i guess in theory, i think you're right about feminists catcalling males. part of the reason for that, may be because feminists seem to want to attain power that females don't usually have. isn't the entire feminist-movement about gaining power to become equal, and in some instances, more powerful than males? but then i think there are two problems with this. 1), in straight-sexual relations between males and females, it is natural within males to initiate interest, while the female takes in said-interest, and then decides whether the advance is wanted. so it's always an innate, "power-move" by the male. and, 2) the feminist movement was really started by lesbians who didn't have an interest in men, and wanted to act like men by gaining power and changing the way in which females act in society. so they wouldn't be catcalling males, since their interest is the same with males: sexual desires for women.

i agree that catcalling is basically a compliment to a woman. it reinforces her sexuality by letting her know that she is wanted by the opposite sex. it's strange how any straight-woman could be against that. sure, if a male only sees a woman as a sexual object, i can see how a woman would be offended. but catcalling doesn't ONLY mean that a male sees her strictly in that way. people have to be smarter than to assume this.

Back