BW x 5
BW x 5

Upright BB Row:
45 x 5
65 x 5
85 x 5
85 x 5
85 x 5

Today was idiot at the gym day. Three guys were teaming up doing barbell curls in the power rack next to me and to top it off they didnt rerack the weights. Later saw them doing curls with the cable station machine thing. What morons. Two guys next to me at the same time in the shirley rack doing 1/2 ROM BP. If youre at the gym w a partner why would you use the shirley rack to do BP? I dont have a workout partner and I dont use the shirley... why would you use it if you were there WITH SOMEONE?

Anyway. I felt good. 320lbs on the DL is a PR, albeit a small one. I know I can pull more weight but my grip is too weak. I can hardly hang on to the 320 and I dont want to lose my grip on any weight higher then that. Oh well, my forearms have a GREAT PUMP.

8/16 Active Recovery:

4 mile walk with a 20lb vest in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

8/17 Circuit Training/GPP

Circuit:
RDL x 8
Standing Row x 8
Front Squat x 8
Good Morning x 8
Back Squat x 8
OHP x 8

Circuit w/ 80lbs

1 minute rest

Circuit w/ 80lbs

1 minute rest

Circuit w/ 80lbs

[nausea]

Ab Wheel Roll Outs:

5 sets of 10 reps.

I changed the circuit up a little from my usual one by adding in the front squats... I didn't expect the lactic acid to build up in my legs so fast. Usually I do 5 sets of circuits but my legs began to fry early in the second circuit today. Tomorrow is squat day, so rather then cripple myself the day before, I quit while I was ahead.

I am going to do my best to better my diet going forward. Following some tips from the D&S forum I've put together a new meal plan. I'm going to try and log my meals along with my workouts going forward, esp during the work week. Here goes!

For Tomor:

730: 3 eggs on whole wheat w 1 slice cheese. Greens supp, fish oil, multi vit.

1000: Whey protein w milk, beta al, creatine

1200: 2 cans tuna, 3 cups spinach, 1 cup strawberry, fish oil

200: Whey protein w milk, beta al, creatine

400: green supp, fish oil

515: Cup of lowfat yogurt, spoon of peanut butter

615: Deep Tissue Massage Appt :icon_chee

800: Grilled Chicken Breast w/ 1 carb bbq sauce

Yesterday went almost according to plan. My massage appt got moved to 615 so I missed my squat session but my legs were magically fried from the circuits i did on sunday so it worked out for the best i think.

for today:

730: 3 eggs. Greens supp, fish oil, multi vit.

800: meal replacement shake

1200: 2 cans tuna, 3 cups spinach, 1 cup strawberry, fish oil

530: lowfat yogurt, spoon of peanut butter

800: cheeseburger :/

8/19 Active Recovery:

Walked 3.1 miles in 1 hour and 4 minutes w/ a 20lb vest.

8/20 Diet:

1200: 1 can tuna, 3 cups spinach, 1 cup strawberry, fish oil

530: lowfat yogurt, spoon of peanut butter

800: chicken breast, whole wheat rotini w/ marinara

8/20 Workout:

Squat ATG
135 x 10
135 x 10

Flat BB BP
135 x 5
185 x 3
195 x 1+0 - PR
175 x 5
155 x 5

Dips
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5

Seated Machine Row
100 x 5
160 x 5
160 x 5
160 x 5

Felt good today. It was my first day on the phone at my new job and I did really well so that helped. I always do well at the gym when I'm having a good day to begin with.

Some dickheads took the bar off the first squat rack and put it on the floor in the corner and used it to deadlift. Then they both took turns screaming while pulling 275 for sets of 3... I think its great that they were doing deadlifts, since I've never seen anyone else do them besides myself but they didnt need to be screaming... They were both quite larger then myself and I can pull 275 all day w/o screaming... then they left the weights on the bar and the bar on the floor in the corner away from the squat rack. They came back later and used the OTHER squat rack to do barbell curls... sigh. They didn't rack the weight when they were done there either.

I finally did 195lb on the BP which is a PR. I almost passed out when I got up from doing 195, need to rest more before I get up.

All in all a good day, progress is continuing nicely.

8/21 Diet:

1200: Carrots, Nectarine, Meal Replacement shake, green supp

600: lowfat yogurt

830: Chinese Food: Beef and Broccoli w/ white rice

8/21 Active Recovery:

Walked 3.1 miles in 54 minutes with a 20lb vest.

8/22 Diet

730: a few spoons of oatmeal

1000: Whey protein w milk

1200: Yogurt, Meal Replacement shake, green supp

400: Whey protein w milk

600: yogurt

800: Breaded chicken and mixed vegetables

Something was wrong w my stomach today. I was feeling sick every time I went to eat up until dinner. I almost threw up right after I started eating breakfast which threw off the rest of my day. I tried to avoid eating much of anything at work so I didn't have to worry about tossing at the job.

I still felt like crap when I got home so I decided to put off the gym until Saturday.

8/23 Diet:

1000: 1 1/2 cups oatmeal, multi vit, green supp

1100: Beta al and creatine in water

1130: Gym

1230: PWO shake. 44g protein, 3 cups milk

130: beef, potato, carrot stew

830: Grilled chicken breast, french style green beans

8/23 Workout:

Warmup

Squat ATG:
135 x 5
135 x 5

DL:
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
275 x 5
275 x 5
275 x 5

Pullups:
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5

BOR:
95 x 5
95 x 5
95 x 5
95 x 5
95 x 5

I still feel really crappy from yesterday. Not sure if I'm semi sick or what. I want to blame the oatmeal that I introduced to my diet, but I've never heard of someone having problems digesting oatmeal. The idea that oatmeal for breakfast could make you sick is pretty silly in my mind.

Felt good at the gym despite my otherwise crappy feelingness. I came in and both of the squat racks had weights thrown all over the place with random loads on the bars. I reracked both of them and as soon as we were done some guy walked up, loaded weights, did a set or two, and then left the weights on the bar... :mad:

8/24 Diet:

1000: 1 1/2 cup oatmeal plain

1130: yogurt, multi vit, green supp, fish oil

300: Lunch at Holihans w the wife and mother in law. Burger on whole wheat w bleu cheese, blt on white bread, unsweetened iced tea

800: Breaded fish filets, spinach, fish oil, green supp.

8/25 Diet:

730: 1 1/2 cup oatmeal, fish oil, green supp, multi vit

830: meal replacement shake, beta al and creatine in water

100: protein shake w milk, fish oil

130: 3 cups spinach, 2 can tuna

430: protein shake, green supp, fish oil

500: peach yogurt, beta al and creatine in water

600: 1 spoon peanut butter

700: gym

845: grilled chicken breast, mixed vegetables, green supp, fish oil

8/25 Workout:

Warmup

Squat:
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5

Front Squat:
135 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5

I couldn't do any warmup squats since there was a guy already using the rack. He happened to be doing 185 so I just started there.

I felt tired as fuck the whole session. Really an off day as far as energy. I dunno why. I found out today that I have a meeting with my background investigator for the police department on thursday so I should have been amped. meh.

while i was doing front squats some kid kept walking next to the barbell when i was trying to do reps and he was really pissin me off. he didnt seem to understand that standing where the barbell needs to move prevents me from completing my reps...

there was a guy next to us doing BOR with wraps in the shirley machine. to make it even better he was grunting and moaning the whole time even while BOR'n 95lbs w terrible form. he was doing lat pull downs as we walked past him on the way out. also w terrible form and w 60lbs while grunting and moaning...

8/26 Diet:

730: 1 1/2 cup oatmeal, fish oil, green supp, multi vit

1000: protein shake w milk, beta al and creatine in water

100: 2 cans tuna, 1 bag of raw carrots, green supp

330: protein shake w milk, beta al and creatine in water

500: strawberry yogut

615: Active Recovery

730: cheeseburger, green supp, fish oil

8/26 Active Recovery:

3 mile walk with 20lb vest in 1 hour.

8/30

Went on a 3.25 mile walk in an hour and 15 minutes. Didn't wear the weight vest.

I had to do a bit of soul searching the last few days. I had been unemployed since late June up until 8/11 and the gym had basically become my job which made it easy to stay motivated.

After I started working again, I found myself coming home really tired and was confronted with the real sacrifice necessary to keep going to the gym. As a result, I skipped my Wednesday and Friday workouts. On top of that I ate like shit on Thursday and Friday night.

With all the things that I have been doing right, I can't help but focus on the things that I do wrong. I really don't eat as well as I should and it's mostly because I have a shitty kitchen and I'm downright lazy. To eat properly I'd need to prepare chicken basically every night on top of cooking dinner. I don't do that right now and so I don't consume as much lean protein as I should. I think my protein intake is high enough but it's mostly fake protein from shakes and the like, not enough dead animal protein. I have been doing well with eating more vegetables though.

I've decided to set three general goals going forward:

1: I need to be more aggressive with my workouts. Too often I think I settle for moving weight I already know I can do. I need to set higher goals and really break my ass trying to achieve them.

2: I need to put together a cardio plan and execute it. Aside from my occasional circuit training days, I really have no cardio workout at all. This is unacceptable.

3: I need to cook more chicken every night and pack it so I can eat better during the day. No more lazy bullshit at night after finishing with work and the gym.

I'm going to give it my best going forward to keep to it. It was easy going to the gym all the time when I didn't have any other work to speak of. Now that I'm back to my normal adult life with work and the regular day to day responsibilities I'll have to find out what I'm really made of. This is what separates the boys from the men.

8/31 Diet:

1000: Rise and Shine

1100: 4 eggs on whole wheat w 2 slices of cheese. Multi vit, green supp, fish oil

130: Meal replacement shake.

230: Bike Ride

400: PWO shake.

530: turkey on whole wheat w 2 slices of cheese (two of them)

630: ice cream with the wife and mother in law :mad:

Back