• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Secularism Under Attack: Alabama Senate passes bill allowing church to establish police dept.

The problem is not taking people from a place and dumping somewhere else.

The problem was empowering the most backwards of individuals due to oil and the cold wars in a way that these individuals have influenced Islam worldwide.

The middle-east has never been this backwards before.
A bit more to the point, but yeah it's not good. Saudi Arabia still finances the Los Angeles mosque implicated in the 9/11 attacks.

Has a civilization or religion ever regressed so quickly? I mean, Iran in the 1950s was very well on its way to becoming a western culture, but instead we picked the Saudi trash to be the winners in the region.

I was under the impression that like most Churches around the US they can hire sheriff deputies to handle security at schools and protect parishioners during mass. I think that in itself answers the question if they would be glorified security guards as you wouldn't need a Senate vote on the matter.

As for Federal funding I would venture no but they could receive state funding.

The reason you don't constantly see "liberals" posting about Muslims in the volume of Christianity is because most liberals aren't constantly bombarded by Islam in the same way. It's not Muslims knocking on my door on Saturday afternoons to "tell me the good news" and criticize my Halloween decorations (SATANIC HOLIDAY). It's not Muslims lined up at the women's clinic screaming at everyone who walks through the doors. I don't open my wallet and see "IN MUHAMMAD WE TRUST" on my money. So I think that's why you hear less bitching about Muslims from "liberals".

It is probably the most petty criticism of Christianity I've ever heard.

I mean this bothers you but suicide bombings, honor killings, and horrific human rights don't? Because that's why Muslims are brought up so much, because of actual acts of savagery. See this why the "Christianity is just as bad as Islam crowd has no credibility.

Most liberals would say all the Abrahamic religions are dangerous in that they prevent western nations from progressing into the future and achieving all that human kind is capable of. Yes, the ME is predominantly made up of backwards countries, which is why most liberals say we should just leave them alone and stop stirring up the pot. Bombing them further back to the stone age isn't going to help bring about a new Renaissance period.

So when we people are getting up in arms about Islam and the bad things associated to it in the ME, don't lose sight of the threat to individual freedom here from our own Evangelical zealots right in your backyard. Evangelicals influence US government and policy a lot more than Islam does, despite what the WR would have you believe.

Is this exactly a bad thing, if we were to do tit for tat with majority christian countries vs majority Muslim countries, I'd bet you would be better off with Christians 9.5/10

It is probably the most petty criticism of Christianity I've ever heard.

I mean this bothers you but suicide bombings, honor killings, and horrific human rights don't? Because that's why Muslims are brought up so much, because of actual acts of savagery. See this why the "Christianity is just as bad as Islam crowd has no credibility.

Is this exactly a bad thing, if we were to do tit for tat with majority christian countries vs majority Muslim countries, I'd bet you would be better off with Christians 9.5/10

If you care about America so much why don't you spend more time worrying about stuff that actually happens here and affects you instead of worrying about what a bunch of stone age people on the other side of the planet are doing.

But nah, you gotta stay distracted with fear of Muslims and constantly meddling in these backwards countries, that just drain on ours and result in tons of tax dollars wasted and more guys coming back with PTSD for nothing.

And apparently you don't care about American states allowing religious organizations to form their own police forces which is closer to Sharia law than what actual Muslims in America are accomplishing.

For the record, I think this is pretty dumb but it's interesting to note the outrage from people because it's a Christian church got more outrage than reports of concentration camps this week.

If you care about America so much why don't you spend more time worrying about stuff that actually happens here and affects you instead of worrying about what a bunch of stone age people on the other side of the planet are doing.

Because the same people telling me this, are the same ones who want to bring the stone age people into our country, like they are doing with the rest of the western world.

Because the same people telling me this, are the same ones who want to bring the stone age people into our country, like they are doing with the rest of the western world.

Maybe we wouldn't have refugees if you'd stop electing dudes who want to do nothing but bomb their countries, destabilize them, and make millions in selling munitions.

Seems like an important factor is who is hiring these cops. If it's not the public/taxpayer then there's a conflict of interest. If it is the taxpayer then there's an uncomfortable overlap of church and state. Either way it sounds like a problem, but the argument against it changes.

Joke gonna be on them when mosques introduce their police like in Florida!

Maybe we wouldn't have refugees if you'd stop electing dudes who want to do nothing but bomb their countries, destabilize them, and make millions in selling munitions.

1. I didn't vote for Clinton, you did

2. Look I hate neocons but stop acting like the US ruined the middle east. The middle east has been a shithole since there was a middle east. They will be fighting and killing for many centuries with or without us like they always have.

1. I didn't vote for Clinton, you did

2. Look I hate neocons but stop acting like the US ruined the middle east. The middle east has been a shithole since there was a middle east. They will be fighting and killing for many centuries with or without us like they always have.

Just because you see a 100 gallon drum full of shit doesn't mean you should go kick it over, right?

No bueno. Theology and government/law enforcement joined together leads to favoritism at the very least. They should never be under the same leadership. Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Just because you see a 100 gallon drum for of shit doesn't mean you should go kick it over, right?

I guess kicking it over means i'm now responsible for 100s of years of civil war now...great logic.

BTW Syria...Libya...that was on you guys, the ones who demanded Gaddafi be taken down and STILL lobby for Assad to be taken down.

I guess kicking it over means i'm now responsible for 100s of years of civil war now...great logic.

BTW Syria...Libya...that was on you guys, the ones who demanded Gaddafi be taken down and STILL lobby for Assad to be taken down.

Remind me who's press secretary just admitted to the WH's goal of destabilizing Syria and who just hit them with 60 tomahawk missiles? I thought Hillary lost the election?

Why didn't they just hire security guards?

Remind me who's press secretary just admitted to the WH's goal of destabilizing Syria and who just hit them with 60 tomahawk missiles? I thought Hillary lost the election?

Who fucked up Libya and Syria in the first place? I don't live in the history of now like Democrats. Clinton was hawk in charge when Libya went to shit but that didn't stop you from voting for her so you have no ground to stand here. Same with Iraq. Trump voters don't want war like Neo Cons do.

They literally blew up $120 Million dollars....

Joker-Burning.jpg

Seems like an important factor is who is hiring these cops. If it's not the public/taxpayer then there's a conflict of interest. If it is the taxpayer then there's an uncomfortable overlap of church and state. Either way it sounds like a problem, but the argument against it changes.
And churches are exempt from paying taxes, aren't they? If they are getting their own publicly funded police force they should have to put in on that.

Who fucked up Libya and Syria in the first place? I don't live in the history of now like Democrats. Clinton was hawk in charge when Libya went to shit but that didn't stop you from voting for her so you have no ground to stand here. Same with Iraq. Trump voters don't want war like Neo Cons do.

lol Iraq? Pretty sure the GOP had eight years of charging in with Iraq. I must have forgot it was really Obama who landed that plan on the aircraft carrier and give the big thumbs up "mission accomplished" photo op.

And simple fact is Hillary isn't president, but we are still messing around in crap holes. But you're only answer is "but Hillary". I thought Trump winning meant no more of that? The ONE good proposition he had and can't even make good on that.

And now we have our own Sharia law going on in Alabama with the greenlight for religious police force, but you're cool with religious police forces as long as its not Muslims doing it. I don't think I've seen on thing from you in this thread actually talking about what the blunder fuck Alabama is backing. All I hear is autistic screeching from you about mooslems and Hillary.

Back