@Seano

Joshua got 3 and maybe 4 rounds if you want to be generous. I can't even see Joshua getting 5 he looked lost at points. I am sort of shocked on how well Usyk did.

I thought Usyk would win a couple rounds and be hurt and stopped. Usyk looked like a legit heavyweight in there.

I dont know if I under estimated Usyk or over estimated Joshua or both. Darren Barker did a great job on play by play today... Roy Jones? he's usually better he had an off night

Usyk is this generation's Holyfield.

It had it 115-113 for Usyk, but the rounds Usyk won were clearer than the ones AJ did. I gave the closer rounds to AJ.

That’s a weird comp. Holyfield had skills but his chin, heart, and motor were his calling cards at Heavy. I’d liken Usyk to a modern day combination of Michael Spinks and Michael Moorer. A good sized HW with skills and guile who can beat the giants as long as he stays active and smart. But I’m all fairness j don’t think we’ve ever seen a guy like him in the division. Men his size don’t typically have the skills he has. He’s truly gifted

That’s a weird comp. Holyfield had skills but his chin, heart, and motor were his calling cards at Heavy. I’d liken Usyk to a modern day combination of Michael Spinks and Michael Moorer. A good sized HW with skills and guile who can beat the giants as long as he stays active and smart. But I’m all fairness j don’t think we’ve ever seen a guy like him in the division. Men his size don’t typically have the skills he has. He’s truly gifted

Evander certainly had all those qualities you listed but I think it undersells his ability and makes it sound like he's a heavyweight Arturo Gatti.

I doubted the guy too. I based this off the way he looked after he move up. Really it’s wasn’t an unreasonable conclusion.

You know what’s funny, Fury said he thought Usyk might have sandbagged his previous heavyweight fights. He appears to have been correct. The man who fought for the title tonight looked nothing like the man I watched fight his previous heavyweight opponents, glimpses yes but not that capable.

I bet (vbookie) Usyk because dem odds, but if it was life or death I would have picked AJ to win before the fight. I was feeling pretty good about my Usyk wager by about round 6 as I had it damn near a shutout at that point.

I had 117-111 but fights can be scored differently. I do think the 115-113 was too close, but you know what they say about opinions.

Yeah, I got this one wrong too. Sandis is gonna have a field day!

He comes off as a pretentious douche and his scoring/analysis is quite often complete garbage. Has he ever even fought before? Now @sweetviolenturg, that guy’s the man!

I'll have to disagree... @Seano has been following the sport forever and he's often right... Only true boxing fans stay at it for so long... I opened this thread with a wink, not to bash anyone.
Usyk's performances against Witherspoon and Chisora were a good reason for scepticism.
Even I changed my mind right before the fight and picked AJ to win... But the juggernaut of old is gone and has instead become cautious.
Many people overkook that he was relatively green when he got pushed to the moon. That's often a recipe for disaster.
Plus I don't think he ever got the Andy Ruiz debacle out of his mind.

Last edited:
Fantastic fight either way, haven’t been convinced about Joshua ever since he barely scraped by wlad. A shame, I really wanted fury to sleep Joshua, not the same if he beats usyk

I'll have to disagree... @Seano has been following the sport forever and he's often right... Only true boxing fans stay at it for so long... I opened this thread with a wink, not to bash anyone.
Usyk's performances against Witherspoon and Chisora were a good reason for scepticism.
Even I changed my mind right before the fight and picked AJ to win... But the juggernaut of old is gone and has instead become cautious.
Many people overkook that he was relatively green when he got pushed to the moon. That's often a recipe for disaster.
Plus I don't think he ever got the Andy Ruiz debacle out of his mind.

Yeah the Chidora fight made me think that too. but I felt Usyk looked way bigger this time out. Joshuas game plan I dont know what it was.
but I disagre with the slight few that feel Joshua was up big and Usyk won a super close fight. I felt it was a clear win.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back