@Seano

He comes off as a pretentious douche and his scoring/analysis is quite often complete garbage. Has he ever even fought before? Now @sweetviolenturg, that guy’s the man!

I haven't seen him have a rational take since I have been here. I always assumed he was a semi troll. Didn't he have Wilder outpointing Fury by 4 in their first fight? lol

You know what’s funny, Fury said he thought Usyk might have sandbagged his previous heavyweight fights. He appears to have been correct. The man who fought for the title tonight looked nothing like the man I watched fight his previous heavyweight opponents, glimpses yes but not that capable.

I don't usually buy into conspiracies but this one could be right. Struggle with Chisora but make AJ look like a novice.

I thought Usyk would struggle with AJ's size and reach but he moved in and out at fucking will and just boxed AJ up. Trying to box with a boxer of Usyk's level is a mistake. My biggest fear for AJ going into the fight is that he might gas but that didn't happen. I never thought that he'd lose badly in a boxing match. All credit to Usyk. It was a masterful display.

I don't usually buy into conspiracies but this one could be right. Struggle with Chisora but make AJ look like a novice..

With me it's the other way around... I'm highly sceptical about Lee Harvey Oswald acting alone, among other historical events, but I doubt that Usyk planned it... Styles make fights, and Joshua's urge to throw technically perfect punches opposed to Chisora's wild haymakers were easier to handle for Usyk.
Not to mention that Joshua, throughout the fight, attempted to throw a jab that he doesn't possess. He was hitting air all night long.

With me it's the other way around... I'm highly sceptical about Lee Harvey Oswald acting alone, among other historical events, but I doubt that Usyk planned it... Styles make fights, and Joshua's urge to throw technically perfect punches opposed to Chisora's wild haymakers were easier to handle for Usyk.
Not to mention that Joshua, throughout the fight, attempted to throw a jab that he doesn't possess. He was hitting air all night long.
It's funny I just posted in another thread that Joshua was struggling to even land his jab. So I agree to an extent but I really feel like Usyk sandbagged against Chisora. Chisora is not exactly fleet of foot but he got to Usyk far more than Joshua. I guess we'll see in the rematch because it's obvious how Joshua has to approach the fight if he has any chance of winning.

I don't usually buy into conspiracies but this one could be right. Struggle with Chisora but make AJ look like a novice.

I thought Usyk would struggle with AJ's size and reach but he moved in and out at fucking will and just boxed AJ up. Trying to box with a boxer of Usyk's level is a mistake. My biggest fear for AJ going into the fight is that he might gas but that didn't happen. I never thought that he'd lose badly in a boxing match. All credit to Usyk. It was a masterful display.

Haha. I made it a point to watch several of his fights leading up to this one, something I rarely do. He gave no indication he could put on a performance like this against a much bigger man. As you say, “struggled w Chisora?

Obviously, fighters have been known to do all manner of things for money. I just cant imagine someone taking chances like that (multiple fights) with so much on the line, too many variables. One fight maybe but several in a row? It does crack me up that Fury that called the performance. Whatever, I’m just glad I got to see it live.

I posted on FB that I though Usyk would outbox AJ but get robbed. Happy to be wrong.

However, a judge scored round 1 for AJ. That is criminal.

AJ clearly won rounds 5/6/8. Other than that, the only other rounds you could reasonably give him were 2/4. Best case for AJ is 7-5 Usyk if you wanted to give him every benefit of the doubt. It’s hilarious to see some like @Seano who defends the Pac-Bradley decision give AJ the draw here. It must be exhausting being a contrarian.

I posted on FB that I though Usyk would outbox AJ but get robbed. Happy to be wrong.

However, a judge scored round 1 for AJ. That is criminal.

AJ clearly won rounds 5/6/8. Other than that, the only other rounds you could reasonably give him were 2/4. Best case for AJ is 7-5 Usyk if you wanted to give him every benefit of the doubt. It’s hilarious to see some like @Seano who defends the Pac-Bradley decision give AJ the draw here. It must be exhausting being a contrarian.
Some people just can't score fights well.

Lets not forget if the last round went another 10 seconds Usyk might have got a KO or TKO.

AJ was barely hanging in there. Usyk stepped off for the last few seconds - not sure why. Especially being in London.

I thought AJ would win but I also thought he could actually use his size. He's a good technical boxer but he doesn't fight on the inside and doesn't know how to make it rough. He's bigger than Usyk but didn't make it count.

I thought AJ would win but I also thought he could actually use his size. He's a good technical boxer but he doesn't fight on the inside and doesn't know how to make it rough. He's bigger than Usyk but didn't make it count.
He didn't use his size at all. And he was never going to win a boxing match against someone like Usyk. The question is can AJ learn how to use his size in the time before the rematch. That's a big ask.

He didn't use his size at all. And he was never going to win a boxing match against someone like Usyk. The question is can AJ learn how to use his size in the time before the rematch. That's a big ask.
He adjusted properly in the Ruiz rematch but he kind of needs to do the opposite here in terms of tactics.

He adjusted properly in the Ruiz rematch but he kind of needs to do the opposite here in terms of tactics.
Yeah and I don't know if he can make that adjustment. For rematching Ruiz he had to go safety first, for Usky he has as you say to do the opposite. Mentally I think that's harder to do.

Ruiz did the adjusting for the rematch by rolling into the ring quite some pounds overweight as a fat slob. AJ got served that win on a platter. Not his fault as Ruiz played right into the mexican stereotype regarding eating habits .

Ruiz did the adjusting for the rematch by rolling into the ring quite some pounds overweight as a fat slob. AJ got served that win on a platter. Not his fault as Ruiz played right into the mexican stereotype regarding eating habits .
Ruiz is a good puncher but he's always been slow on his feet and that was always the best strategy to beat him.

For Usyk Joshua needs to get aggressive and fuck him up but I don't think he trains like that. Trying to out land him from a bit if a range didn't work and I doubt Joshua can gain much ground there.

You know, I can't think on all fights promoted by Hearn but I feel like shit decisions aren't really a big thing with him because he has rematches worked into every single contract he signs. Which is probably preferable, his guy takes a loss but there's no BS then he's like hey come see the rematch and you can probably have an easier time selling AJ had an off night than a BS decision that leaves a bad taste with viewers

Back