News Sean O’Malley is realistic about his champ-champ prospects: ‘I ain’t calling for Volkanovski’

Winner?

• Total voters
Why would he even think about fighting another champion at this point?
Some of us think he won his first title with the ref's help. He needs to establish his legitimacy first. If he can rack up a few title defences, maybe he can think about taking on another champion.
Did the ref chin aljo?

Humble warrior Sean Suga should win many fans over with this statement. However, hate lurks in mom's basement of many internet user.

No understand why posters must be quick to put on the cloak of bigotry and cast hate upon the Suga Era.
View attachment 997859
#itiswhatis #stopbigotry #progressivechamp

I hate him but he gained a lot of respect from me for that statement alone

I respect that

Last edited by a moderator:
Suga is 6 years younger than Volk, who is at the end of his prime.
He will wait 1-2 years and then end an old Volk.
If Volk is still on top. I see Ilia beating him at the right time.

Interested to see how long The Suga Era will last compared to The Machida Era.

He wants to fight Tank.
Lots of ufc fighters talk about going to boxing. I suppose at this point it’s just part of the game to self promote. Regardless, O’Malley has good boxing and would make tons of money so it’s not totally absurd.

I would prefer he stay in mma since I hate boxing but we’ll see what happens

Topuria vs Sean would be one BANGER of a fight

As a 35 year old FW, there is a chance Volk gets old quickly, but for as long as he's in peak form, he's nearly impossible to beat for anyone at 145, let alone a 135er

"I'm 5'11" but no way can I beat that 5'6" guy"

The heart of a true warrior. Jones or Woodley would get ripped to shreds for that bull. Cherry picking in a weight class he hasn't even fought in yet. You fanboys sure know how to pick em
Jesus with this height stuff. There is more to size than height, Volk is an absolute tank who is strong as fuck. He carried 200lbs+ as a Rugby player, I doubt Sean could carry 200lbs on his frame and still be athletic and spry.

O’Malley is known for being surprisingly honest about his chances of winning certain fights. He doesn’t like his chances against Alexander Volkanovski.

But, Featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski? F—k no!

After winning his belt, O’Malley took a jet home to Arizona where he immediately recorded a new episode of his YouTube show. When talk of moving up to challenge for a second belt came up, O’Malley made it clear he wouldn’t try if that belt was held by “The Great.”

“Like, dude, chill, let’s be realistic here,” he said. “I ain’t f—ing calling for Volk.”

That doesn’t mean O’Malley is against a surgical strike on the 145-pound division should Volkanovski stumble and drop his belt.

“If Ilia [Topuria] goes up there and beats Volk, I’d go up to 45 and fight Ilia,” O’Malley said. “I just don’t think Ilia would beat Volk.”
https://www.mmamania.com/2023/8/23/...champ-champ-prospects-i-aint-calling-for-volk

It's weird, I really didn't like Sean O'Malley.

Then, after beating Aljo, and the way he handled it, I started to become a fan.

Then the dude talk ship about Alexandre Pantoja, a warrior two divisions lighter. Bitch-ass move, weak.

Then he gets real again with Volkanovski.

O'Malley needs to stay humble and real, it's a better look.

Last edited:
Respect for the humility

Also, Volk would absolutly murder him 10/10

Late 2023 Topuria KO's Volk
Spring 2024 Topuria KO's O'Malley

He's smart for telling it how it is. OMalley is a lot better than people give him credit for but no BW stands any chance against Volkanovski or Holloway

Apparently he’s also a reformed cuck now. O’Malley showing some life improvements

Literally just got the belt

Already talking about moving up

In before someone posts
"is Sean Omalley the BW GOAT?"

Back