News Sean O’Malley is realistic about his champ-champ prospects: ‘I ain’t calling for Volkanovski’

Winner?

• Total voters

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
O’Malley is known for being surprisingly honest about his chances of winning certain fights. He doesn’t like his chances against Alexander Volkanovski.

But, Featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski? F—k no!

After winning his belt, O’Malley took a jet home to Arizona where he immediately recorded a new episode of his YouTube show. When talk of moving up to challenge for a second belt came up, O’Malley made it clear he wouldn’t try if that belt was held by “The Great.”

“Like, dude, chill, let’s be realistic here,” he said. “I ain’t f—ing calling for Volk.”

That doesn’t mean O’Malley is against a surgical strike on the 145-pound division should Volkanovski stumble and drop his belt.

“If Ilia [Topuria] goes up there and beats Volk, I’d go up to 45 and fight Ilia,” O’Malley said. “I just don’t think Ilia would beat Volk.”
https://www.mmamania.com/2023/8/23/...champ-champ-prospects-i-aint-calling-for-volk

Humble warrior Sean Suga should win many fans over with this statement. However, hate lurks in mom's basement of many internet user.

No understand why posters must be quick to put on the cloak of bigotry and cast hate upon the Suga Era.
okdudenk.png
#itiswhatis #stopbigotry #progressivechamp

But he’s calling for Tank Abbott and Ryan Garcia lol which is worse in a way.

Edit: You read it correctly. I said what I said lol

Last edited:
“Like, dude, chill, let’s be realistic here,” he said. “I ain’t f—ing calling for Volk.”

I love the respect he has for Volk. He knows what's up, he's not delusional like these other fighters. I can definitely see 145 in Sean's future. He should defend his title first tho.

“If Ilia [Topuria] goes up there and beats Volk, I’d go up to 45 and fight Ilia,” O’Malley said. “I just don’t think Ilia would beat Volk.”

This is gonna trigger Topuria fanboys lol.

Humble warrior Sean Suga should win many fans over with this statement. However, hate lurks in mom's basement of many internet user.

No understand why posters must be quick to put on the cloak of bigotry and cast hate upon the Suga Era.
View attachment 997859
#itiswhatis #stopbigotry #progressivechamp
im just here in support of using hashtags on sherdog

im just here in support of using hashtags on sherdog

They should change search function to look for hashtag instead of keyword to promote more efficient search query!

#verygreat suggestion by esteemed Sherdogger (and supreme coach of combat sports)!
tothestars.png

I’m down, give me Ortega and Aljo & give me Suga and Topuria

O’Malley is known for being surprisingly honest about his chances of winning certain fights. He doesn’t like his chances against Alexander Volkanovski.

But, Featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski? F—k no!

After winning his belt, O’Malley took a jet home to Arizona where he immediately recorded a new episode of his YouTube show. When talk of moving up to challenge for a second belt came up, O’Malley made it clear he wouldn’t try if that belt was held by “The Great.”

That doesn’t mean O’Malley is against a surgical strike on the 145-pound division should Volkanovski stumble and drop his belt.

https://www.mmamania.com/2023/8/23/...champ-champ-prospects-i-aint-calling-for-volk

I think fighting at your lightest is best, plus, if you susceptible to take downs why move up since it will only get easier for the opponent. He should stay at his division...I don't like seeing someone with speed slow down due to adding size either. Sean was humble after Yan fight too..fans that hate should at least recognize he is a humble dude that likes to add hype to his fights but is a cool dude when it comes down to it.

Why would he even think about fighting another champion at this point?
Some of us think he won his first title with the ref's help. He needs to establish his legitimacy first. If he can rack up a few title defences, maybe he can think about taking on another champion.

Back