Scott Coker: Fedor Emelianenko seeking Ryan Bader title rematch for MMA retirement fight

I’ll definitely be cheering for him

Great, I mean anyone who watched during that area, whether they are a fan or not should be excited about an old timer cheating the clock

Shouldn't there be title unification fight first?
There is. Bader-Moldavsky is booked for January.

It was obvious to me that’s what Fedor wanted, and a few Doggers gave me some grief over that POV. I actually had a different booking plan—I would’ve done something similar to what the UFC did with the HW and Interim HW belts in 2008.

I’d have booked Bader defend his HW belt against Fedor. A short time later, I’d have booked Moldavsky to defend his interim belt against Kongo. If Fedor wins the belt, he just retired with it and the Moldavsky-Kongo fight would be promoted to an undisputed title fight. If Bader beats Fedor, you just do the unification against the Moldavsky-Kongo winner.
That’s the best way to book this scenario imho.

I think Fedor can still compete against a level below the top-tier. Bader hasn't looked good lately, but he's still closer to it than Tim Johnson. Guys like that over 1 bigger fight and likely a loss. Fedor still has the speed and power, which serves him well standing up against HW's more so than LHW's.

I would not mind watching Bader sleeping Fedor again.

Tht little left hook from Bader that knocked down Fedor left me yearning for a 2nd. Plus after Fedors last fight, it could be interesting.

Me too, it would be funny to watch him KO Fedor cold with a soft right jab this time.

It would be an incredible way to end his carer if he could pull it off. Honestly, I don't mind the fight. If he gets KO'ed again, he already lost to Bader and just ha his number. It would be sad to see him lose in his last fight but these things happen. If he wins though and manages to KO Bader? You couldn't ask for a better storybook ending.

Either this or a Werdum rematch please

Khamzat would smash Fedor in seconds his chin is gone he's closer to a senior citizens then a 20 year old

What a difference between Coker and White. Respect towards fighters is so much different. White could learn a lot about that from Coker.

fedor's last fight is against ryan bader, a LHW who knocked him out with one punch. and we're supposed to be happy about it?...... yayyyyyyyyy

Protect his chin and he might land one like the last fight, which Fedor was suppose to lose.

It still seems anticlimactic. I'd rather see a rematch with Big Foot or Werdum.
Fedor has been very choosey with his fights since losing. There have been plenty of fights that make sense especially now that a few HWs are out of the UFC. Seems like he'd rather get Bader while he's seemingly lost a step.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back