Scott Coker: Fedor Emelianenko seeking Ryan Bader title rematch for MMA retirement fight

I thought the last fight against Tim was it. Oh well. I'll always watch Fedor regardless of opponent.

Why? It pains me to no end watching Fedor get knocked out by fighters he would have splattered in his prime. Just retire already.

Protect his chin and he might land one like the last fight, which Fedor was suppose to lose.

It still seems anticlimactic. I'd rather see a rematch with Big Foot or Werdum.
Do you mean in the same night? Because Bigfoot is so shot that I think a Fedor jab drops him immediately. He wouldn't last 1 minute with Fedor

At this point I think Fedor has retired more times than Mayweather, Foreman and Ortiz combined

Anderson, Machida, Romero, Barnett all better choices.

What a difference between Coker and White. Respect towards fighters is so much different. White could learn a lot about that from Coker.

Dans never favors gym association like Scott Coker.

When was the last time UFC signed a fighter from Sbg Ireland? Bellator does that regardless experience or record.

That means Bellator has more of nepotism then UFC

Dans never favors gym association like Scott Coker.

When was the last time UFC signed a fighter from Sbg Ireland? Bellator does that regardless experience or record.

That means Bellator has more of nepotism then UFC
He would if he cared enough about expanding to Ireland. He does indeed sign fighters from gyms that aren't that great, if he is interested in going there. See the chances he gives to guys who train at the UFC institute in Shanghai.

The Johnson win in Moscow was a great win to retire on. Bader isn't a fight anyone really cares about and very risky. Respect to Fedor for taking the difficult path but I'd prefer Werdum, Tito, Bigfoot, Mitrione or a super fight against Anderson Silva.

Anderson, Machida, Romero, Barnett all better choices.
Machida and Romero don’t offer anything significant to Fedor’s legacy if he beats them. Anderson and Barnett are fine fights to make, but I’d prefer Fedor fight for a belt if he has the chance.

Machida and Romero don’t offer anything significant to Fedor’s legacy if he beats them. Anderson and Barnett are fine fights to make, but I’d prefer Fedor fight for a belt if he has the chance.

What's the significance of a belt of a second tier org which he will never defend?

What's the significance of a belt of a second tier org which he will never defend?
It’s still the heavyweight championship in the #2 MMA promotion in the world. For a 45 year old fighter to win another major MMA title is pretty nuts, even if it is the #2 org.
What’s the point of Fedor fighting Yoel or Machida? “Look guys, I beat that career MW who stared at Adesanya for 5 rounds”? “Look guys, I beat that dude who was champ in the weight class below me 15 years ago”?
Beating Anderson would at least be a victory over another old GOAT, I guess. Beating Barnett would just confirm what we all suspected anyhow, like when Fedor beat Mir. It was a good fight and win, but beating Barnett or even Anderson doesn’t mean as much as adding another major MMA HW title to his career, imho.

I knew Fedor won't try to jump his pupil Moldavsky even though he probably has the power to bend Cokers arm to do it and Coker probably would let him.

Be very interesting what kind of back bone Coker has if Bader wins in Jan. My guess is he gives Fedor the fight. If Fedor wins n retires, they announce a HW grand prix in 2023 for the HW belt or some short 4 guys, two round tournament. But boy does it really diminish the value of the HW belt, but I guess does anyone really care either.

Last edited:
I knew Fedor won't try to jump his pupil Moldavsky even though he probably has the power to do bend Coker arm to do it and Coker probably would let him.

Be very interesting what kind of back bone Coker has if Bader wins in Jan. My guess is he gives Fedor the fight. If Fedor wins n retires, they announce a HW grand prix in 2023 for the HW belt or some short 4 guys, two round tournament. But boy does it really diminish the value of the HW belt, but I guess does anyone really care either.
Yeah the booking is sloppy. I don’t have a huge problem with Fedor getting the title fight, but it sucks for Kongo and hurts the belt a bit. Could have been booked differently for sure.

Do you mean in the same night? Because Bigfoot is so shot that I think a Fedor jab drops him immediately. He wouldn't last 1 minute with Fedor

What's wrong with that? We saw what Bader and Mitrione did to Fedor; one shot KO.

Seems even to me.

What's wrong with that? We saw what Bader and Mitrione did to Fedor; one shot KO.

Seems even to me.

Kind of sad this is what has become of Fedor and other HW's that continue to fight. Fans are discussing that a clean jab will basically drop these over the hill HW's, and none of us wrong are thinking it or saying it.

Personally, I think they should just have a big event with a big send off for Fedor...kind like a light roast surrounding the actual Bellator Event. I don't think he even needs to fight at this point.

Back