Law Schindler's List should be mandatory viewing for high school and college students

Schindler's list is a masterpiece and I strongly recommend it but I don't like the idea of forcing people to watch a movie.

It’s not a question of morality.. it’s Realpolitik.
But when someone chooses not to support Israel in any and every way, on every platform or venue, then it becomes a question of morality. Right away they're labelled an antisemite and cancelled if possible.

Schindler's list is a very accurate historical drama about what the Jewish people went through during WW2. It's only a small glimpse of the horrors of Nazi Germany. I think it should be mandatory viewing for all high schoolers and college students. With the rise of anti-semitism, especially among people of color around the country, I think this should help quite a bit with understanding the plight of Jewish people, which really have been the most oppressed people in the history of humanity.

I just watched it for the first time in over 20 years and it's the most hard hitting movie I've ever seen. My art teacher in high school made us watch it, but we didnt get to finish. It was the final days of high school and I guess they let them get away with whatever during that time. With all this rise in anti semitism, I remembered the movie and decided to watch it in its entirety.

The white majority in this country is dwindling rapidly, and the massive influx of migrants is making it even faster. For some reason, black and brown people are not sypmathetic towards Jews as whites are. The migrants know very, very little about what happened to them in Nazi Germany. If we make this movie a mandatory watch, I thnik it will help a lot.

No it shouldn't. It's 2023, the genocide of Palestinian people should be mandatory viewing material. The irony.

Why single out Jewish students in this way? Shouldn't everybody be educated on these tragedies?

The Armenian genocide was perpetuated by muslims before Israel existed--the Jews have no skin in the game, other than having to appease the Arab nations around them. For this reason they've remained neutral nationally, although many cities in Israel have recognized it.

note: President Trump specifically choose not to recognize it, although congress and all 50 states have.
Why shouldn't all the students learn about all the tragedies different people have suffered, why single out the jews the other way?
Many nations have no skin in the Israel/Arab conflict or nothing to do with Nazi's so why should they watch or learn about the holocaust? Why should they be labelled as antisemites for merely critiquing jews or Israel?
Why should we send money, we have no skin in that game.

This is such total and complete Bullshit. it has been the left who have had serious issues/problems with minorities, especially the successful types, and those who don't subscribe to victim mentality. This explains why your ilk despise many Asians, Jews, and Nigerians.
Your views are divorced from reality

Your views are divorced from reality
not really.

the new left has become completely twisted. you just don't want to believe it. which is understandable. it's much easier to believe in teh white supremacy boogey man.

people employing the term "genocide" like they do "racism" or "white supremacy."

using term they truly don't know the meaning to, but employ it because they have zero substance to their arguments.

it’s a movie not a documentary!

Antisemitism training though should be mandatory, and people should be made aware of the atrocities and challenges the Jewish people had to overcome and how they were treated in Europe back then. Will also limit the buy in the holocaust deniers keep securing with their whacky conspiracies.

Also mandatory should be reminding all global studies, humanitarian and political science students: Israel is the single biggest documented abuser of human rights in modern history!!! with it having more resolutions against them then the rest of world combined.

...but if you actual read the cross tabs, the sample size was tiny
Not that I disagree that polling is VERY prone to error, because of their small sample sizes, but there is a method to them that makes them more accurate than not in most cases.

Something tells me that you wouldn't be thumbing your nose at polling that lined up with your beliefs.

I had to watch it in 7th grade, Catholic school.

The only question I remember from the exam was to describe what we thought was the significance of the color red and what was colored in the otherwise black & white film.

Last edited:
not really.

the new left has become completely twisted. you just don't want to believe it. which is understandable. it's much easier to believe in teh white supremacy boogey man.
What other crazy shit do you subscribe to ?

I don't really have a horse in this. I don't agree Jews are the most oppressed people in history though. There are groups that suffered injustices and they don't get any recognition. Some don't even have a homeland to call their own.

I had to watch it in 7th grade, Catholic school.

The only question I remember from the exam was to describe what we thought was the significance of the color red and what was colored in the otherwise black & white film.

It was a Spielberg technique to draw your eye to something unique and making sure it was a beautiful little girl, so you associated it with the group

He did something similar in Saving Private Ryan. All the German soldiers were given very short shaved haircuts, making them appear generic. The Americans were all unique. The reality was most German soldiers actually had fairly longish styled hair, as was the style at the time

Last edited:
I watched it in school, along with Life is Beautiful & Our Friend, Martin

People shouldn't learn history through dramatized reenactments of the events. They are fine for supplemental reasons, or for telling a particular story. But we should be taught the facts and least biased interpretations of the events.

Plenty of groups have gone through oppression and horrific ordeals through out history. Why the push to focus on one group?
In general, I am against any kind of "education" on the topic because it is systematically politically driven. Also, as you say, then you need to chose. Jews/ African Americans / Armenians / Africans enslaved by Arabs or Portuguese / ???

History is filled with atrocity and one group should not have precedence over another. The only exception to that is when there is historical responsibility for example African Americans in USA. But seriously USA owes Jews fuck all.

I live in Canada and the schools I went to never talked slavery in the US. We did see documentaries about the holocausts.
I don't expect any place outside of the US to teach about US slavery. It was US on US crime.

Holocaust had a more global impact as far as Western countries are concerned.

The new progressives would do that?
Republicans in FL banned Holocaust textbooks for being “woke.”

An illustrated Anne Frank book was as well.

Maus is being banned around the country, and it’s not progressives doing it.
I don't believe a guy of your general posting habits is trying to do so, but you know that without context this is quite misleading, right? These things weren't banned for discussing the Holocaust - they were, each, banned for reasons separate from presentations of the Holocaust (nudity, extreme language, and discussion of critical race theory/social justice). Your post is a bit like if a school district banned images of Michelangelo's David due to nudity and you suggested the ban was evidence that the school district was unwilling to show Italian art.

This is not a statement that I agree with the bans. Maus, in particular, I think is a mistake (can't comment on the textbook in question and the Anne Frank one had nudity which is a no-no for certain grades whatever the topic). But making it out like any of these three cases is because they're not willing to teach about the Holocaust.

I find grade school book bans - on both sides, because both sides do it plenty - is one of the most misrepresented issues that gets turned into a political club, mainly because it's so easy to gloss over details and just say "See? SEE? The OTHER side is banning books - who's on the right side of history NOW!?!?!?!?!"

Nazi Germany had nothing to do with being anti-Jew (hear me out).

If the Jews were Greeks and all other things were the same, the Nazis would have conducted the same campaign.

Money, power, and the generality of having a political boogeyman were all the driving factors. The Jews just happened to be that in Nazi Germany. Lest we forget that the six million Jews killed were among far more than 10,000,000 killed in the same manner that were not Jewish. Nazi Germany was not some organic event that was rooted in anti-Jew paradigms that resulted in a greater political movement. It was a political movement that encompassed anti-Jew behavior as well due to socioeconomic conditions in Germany at the time.

At least in the middle east you can claim some sense of anti-semitism because of the historical context of Arabs and Jews and it be organically related to Jews as a people, religion, etc.

I also think it's kind of silly to think we have to show that particular movie to combat anti-semitism. Maybe just teach people not to be assholes to one another and not murder them for being politically opposite of you / racially different than you / because your government identifies them as enemies of the state.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back