• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scarlett Johansson quits transgender role after LGBT backlash

I'm struggling to think of any mainstream movies that are about being a transexual, but then I'm not much of a film buff.
One cult film that's supposedly popular is the musical "Hedwig" (I haven't seen it, but know of it from the Type O Negative cover track, "Angry Inch"). ...but then the lead actor in that wasn't transexual either (although he's gay, so maybe that gets him a pass?).
Boys Don't Cry, and it earned Hillary Swank an Oscar. Brought a lot of needed attention to the cause of opposing violence against trans people.

Boys Don't Cry, and it earned Hillary Swank an Oscar. Brought a lot of needed attention to the cause of opposing violence against trans people.

Was it well received by the LGBTs? She doesn't appear to be a transexual either.

Was it well received by the LGBTs? She doesn't appear to be a transexual either.
I think that person would today be considered a pre-op trans person, definitely part of the community anyhow. I can't remember if there were any protests by LGBT people over that, but I do remember it being a groundbreaking film (1999 was a different era for LGBT for sure, there basically was no trans voice) and getting tons of praise for her portrayal of that person.

40490438eb891ea0868a5a6cb3f5a0e1.jpg

I got bad news for them if they ever watch hairspray

why dont they just have a man play the role if the person was a transgender man?

US actress Scarlett Johansson has pulled out of a movie in which she was cast to play a transgender character following a backlash from some members of the LGBT community who believed the part should have gone to a transgender actor.

Deviants sticking up for freaks.

power-to-the-people.png

***Any reference to lesbian fisting is purely in the mind of the reader.

Unless Arnold Schwarzenegger is playing the lead role, I am not going to watch the movie.

Didn’t Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze, and John Leguizamo already do this movie?

dumbest thing I've read today, so I guess only Scotish can play Macbeth?

It’s 2018, we need to always be outraged about something. I get the point but it’s acting ffs.

Chopped off dick monsters in Hollywood leads.

Yes, this is “progress”...

lol those idiots dont get the concept of acting?

This shit is getting ridiculous. Actors pulling out of movies because of butthurt snowflakes!!!

Two other actors pulled out of movies because they were cast in roles that called for another race in the comic(hellboy remake) but no one bats an eye when Idris Elba was cast as the fucking gunslinger, a character based on Clint Eastwood.

Back