Scariest experiences involving animals

Easy one, I was about 17 years old and my friends and I dropped acid and went to teh shydome to watch monster trucks, was a fucking blast.

On my way home alone and still very high, I was acosted by a dog that looked like a pitbull. Now I already had issues with dog biting me and had a paranoia about getting bitten in everyday life. Now compound that with the LSD and it was fucked.

I was walking up a bending street its about 11:30pm and Im stopped dead in my tracks as there is thsi dog that looks to me like a pitbull, (it wasnt) the dog looks at me and must have smelled my sheer terror. It ran towards me barking and nipping at me, this was fucked and i remeber thinking I need help fast this dog is going to rip my throat out lol.

I ended up running onto a guys porch, and open his screen door and knocked on the door. Remeber this is 11:30pm at night and Im a shady teenager with a dog barking at me.

This guy opens the door in his housecoat, I plead with him to let me in, I vidily remeber tellign him I was unarmed and just need to get away from the dog. The guy is a large man, about 6'2 and at least 225lb, and Im a scrawny teen about 155lb.

The guy lets me in and thsi wave of relief comes over me, he tells me that he recognizes me, I look at him and realize it was an old gym teacher I had who filled in for a teacher on leave for about 3-4 months in grade 8. I can not remeber his name today, but it was reassuring. I don't tell him Im tripping balls, he also exprersses distain for the dog saying if it was him he would boot the dogs rins into next week.

At this point Im trying to figure out my endgame to gtfo, I am grasping at straws and decide to call my mother to come get me (about a 5min drive away) she comes, I thank the gym teacher profusley.

The drive home is very awkward with my mother , Im calmer but still figity and shit still tripping balls.

We get hoem I go into my bedroom in teh basment and play streetfighter on my nintendo all night.

Next day my mom says to me "you seemed wired, like you were high on pills last night" I blame it on the traumatic experiece of the dog attack.

I will never forget the moment the dog smelled fear on me. Now when Im in the forest and its pitch black I sometimes think about this event and wonder what I woudl do if confronted by a black bear in teh dark.

cliffs:
attacked by a dog while high on LSD
Old gym teacher saves the day
Mom is suspicious of drug use next day.

Kudos to the big rough guy that took the fucking time to shoot a snake that scared him.

I've had multiple scary moments with bears, moose in the wild. Had way to many to count scary moments at work since I've been doing this for 14 years now.

One of my best was when I was looking for rattlesnakes here in MA. They are extremely endangered and hard to find I had finally found one. I was photographing it from about 10' above it on a talus slope. I was already in a very precarious spot when I heard the distinct sound of a mediuM Sized snake slithering behind me coming my way. It was either jump and hope I don't get hurt or just freeze and let it slither by. Well it ended up slithering directly between my legs (I was crouched down) and it just ended up being a big ass garter snake. Good times.

I was lured into the lair of this cougar once.....almost didn't make it out alive. Single days. Good times.

Black bear 20 feet from me and my dad in Alaska. We stood still and he eventually left.

wrestlefest-classic.jpeg

I was attacked by a dog when I was 9, came cruising around a corner on my bike, a block away from home and I just saw this dog hauling ass right at me. Had to get a couple of stitches on my ass, they couldn't seal it up though because of possible infection. They had to put a tube in the hole to drain puss and what ever. Nastiest shit ever. Ironically the guy was taking his dog to be put down because it had already attacked a kid, but the dumb ass just put the dog in the bed of his truck.

Only other thing I can think of is running up on a rattlesnake. I had shot a rabbit and was running to try and spot where the dude ran before croaking and ran right over the snake. I took the rabbit over to the snake and left it hahaha

About 15 years ago I was stalked by a cougar for about 2 hours while hunting.

I wrote about mine In great detail in a Bigfoot thread a few months back. I'm not typing that shit out again but if you want to dig it up, I think it's pretty interesting.

One time a bird pooed on me while I was walking with a girl. I still cringe everytime a bird flies overhead. Dat PTSD!

When I was real young I was out front playing on the sidewalk while my mother was doing yard work and I remember seeing a gigantic ass dog running towards me down the street. I hauled ass to the back yard and slammed the chain link fence closed with my feet while this dog was barking and snarling trying to push the gate open. Thank god I didn't freeze up BC I'm certain it would have killed me. When I was 10 my dad and I went on a canoe trip in Mississippi. We come up to this Creek and I jump out barefoot and my father yells to me not to move. I look down and 3 or 4 baby rattlers are moving over my feet. I froze in terror and closed my eyes. A couple seconds later they were gone.

I've never had a scary experience with animals. I had a sad experience though. A baby bird somehow fell on to some concrete stairs in front of my old work. I picked him up and he was injured and shaking. I was going to build him a little nest and give him worms to eat but then he died in my hands. it was sad

Nice gesture and all.. but I'm not sure I'd trust you with any further medical advice.

A couple of worms and a synthetic nest sure as fuck ain't curing a broken neck.

Doesn't get any more frightening than this.

I still to this day have no idea how this happened, but its the last time I sleep with the tent door open. We figure between how cold it was, me being drunk and sleeping in the buff, that the gerbil found what it thought was a warm nesting space. There`s really no other explanation. Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen to them

Steve-X-Ray.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't get ant more frightening than this.

I still to this day have no idea how this happened, but its the last time I sleep with the tent door open. We figure between how cold it was, me being drunk and sleeping in the buff, that the gerbil found what it thought was a warm nesting space. There`s really no other explanation. Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen to them

Steve-X-Ray.jpg

"A great adventure is waiting for you ahead
Hurry onward Lemmiwinks or you will soon be dead
The journey before you may be long and filled with woahs
But you must escape the gay man's ass or your tale cant be told"

Guess he didn't make it this time.

I was hiking near my family campsite, age 10. I found a group of deer drinking from a stream. Next day I took my friend to the same spot and saw the deer again. There was large buck with full antlers. It looked up at us and pawed the ground and charged. We got up a nearby tree, but I haven't found dees cute or majestic since.

One time a bird pooed on me while I was walking with a girl. I still cringe everytime a bird flies overhead. Dat PTSD!

I got hit with bird turd right in the head once. People tell me it's apparently good luck in some sort of superstition.

More on topic, I had a run in with a rhinoceros in central east asia in the dead of the night. Up close, the thing is like a tank.

I got charged by a mutt german Shepard in some shithole and I gave him my left forearm and stuck a kabar in his neck. He was prob a good dog and had a shitty owner.

Stumbled upon a mountain lion's lair while hiking with a buddy, we tried to stay calm and simply turn around and leave but we would hear the sounds of something following us every hundred yards or so, only to suddenly stop whenever we stopped. It was fairly terrifying. Like I said we tried to stay calm but it was only a matter of time until we both had the biggest/sharpest fucking rocks in each hand, ready to throw down to the death with a giant cat. We ended up getting really close to the base of the trail and had almost let our guards back down when a jogger burns around the corner of this trail right behind us. We both turn around and raise our makeshift weapons only to see the most frightened look on the jogger's face, hahaha. He yelled at us to put the rocks down lol. Must've thought we were tripping balls or something lol

Went to take out the trash one night and saw a black bear standing about 15 feet away from me. He was just searching for garbage to rummage through but I obviously still turned right around and went back inside lol. My drunk friend tried to go outside and tame it, thankfully he still lives

When I was 12, a three to four months old hamster bit my finger.

True Story.

Back