Scariest experiences involving animals

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear you're now dealing with those things. I wish you the best of luck defeated the disease. Hate to hear about people having to go through the same shit that I did.

Thanks dude! Glad you had a positive outcome! You said it took you about a year to beat, what do you mean by that? Where you on meds for that long , or was that how long it took your symptoms to abate? I kind of expected to start taking the antibiotics and be asymptomatic pretty quickly like every other illness , and that's not the case . I've made lots of progress, just curious to hear how it went for you.

Thanks dude! Glad you had a positive outcome! You said it took you about a year to beat, what do you mean by that? Where you on meds for that long , or was that how long it took your symptoms to abate? I kind of expected to start taking the antibiotics and be asymptomatic pretty quickly like every other illness , and that's not the case . I've made lots of progress, just curious to hear how it went for you.

I had to do two rounds of antibiotics. The first round didn't get the job done and after that was when the disease hit me hard.

It was about a year before my blood work came back free of it. That was after the second round (some time elapsed between rounds which may have made things worse for me, idk)

The stiff neck persisted beyond that.

I had to do two rounds of antibiotics. The first round didn't get the job done and after that was when the disease hit me hard.

It was about a year before my blood work came back free of it. That was after the second round (some time elapsed between rounds which may have made things worse for me, idk)

The stiff neck persisted beyond that.

So you'd consider free and clear now? No lingering effects?

So you'd consider free and clear now? No lingering effects?

As far as I can tell. No severe symptoms ever returned so I never bothered going back to the doctor. Just worked out the stiff neck with months of wrestling practice and eventually got my energy back. Figured fuck it I'm good lol.

As far as I can tell. No severe symptoms ever returned so I never bothered going back to the doctor. Just worked out the stiff neck with months of wrestling practice and eventually got my energy back. Figured fuck it I'm good lol.
Cool, good to hear man. Have a good weekend!

Huh. Besides going to a tropical country during rainy season then finding out I was prescribed the wrong anti-malaria pills, I got nothing.

Was young, near West Palm inlet with friends. We heard a low grunt and took off running. Never saw the thing but was sure it was a salt water croc.

My father has a house in the UP of Michigan. A mother coon and 2 pups took residence in an attic type space that had a vent type window break, allowing the coons inside. I didn't want to shoot them, as I would be shooting down into the house possibly. I sharpened an broken ax handle into a spear and went about 20 feet up a ladder to the vent window. I turned on the flashlight I taped to the spear, and shined it at the mother. It looked a lot bigger when we were face to face about 5' apart. The thing came at me, and I didn't react with the spear fast enough I tried to slide off the ladder but ended tumbling 15 or 20 feet to the ground.

They had a meeting with mister twelve gauge shortly after this incident.

I'm British and we shipped all of our dangerous creatures to Australia. So safe in that knowledge I didn't know what the fuck to make of this when it flew through my window one night:

cockchafer_male_antennae_0264.jpg

Shit was a huge, red blur and it started flying around my living room crashing into walls and furniture. I was worried the shockwaves were gonna set off the car alarm outside. I had to leave the room and arm myself, but like I said this is the UK and fly swatters are just another crazy American thing. tbf I had a pretty mean shoe, but it still took like 20 long minutes for me to open the door.

I did manage to kill it in the end, and I immediately googled around and found it was a completely harmless beetle called a Cockchafer. End of days shit for a while there though
Laughed through entire post. Effing lol

When I was working in northern BC, I was in the middle of nowhere and looked behind me to see a black bear about 50 yards from me staring at me. I ended up just slowly walking to my truck while staring at it. I'm thankful it wasn't a mother Grizzly.

Put me in the Rattlesnake column. Damn near stepped on it, heard the rattle, and stopped dead in my tracks.

Thankfully, I was hunting at the time, and that poor bastard had the dumb luck of being right in line with my barrel. I think I still have the rattle at home somewhere.

Yeah, I have a rattlesnake related one as well. I was fishing, and while I was walking down to the river through some tall brush I almost fucking stepped on one. Thankfully it didn't bite me. I almost shat myself. It fucked me up too because now when I'm walking through tall brush in that area my heart rate goes up and I'm extremely cautious and slow.

Chased by a giant lone wolf who was eating garbage out of a garbage dumpster. I wasn't even near him he was so pissy he just flew at me from 30m away. I was lucky to get inside the building i lived in (Alberta).

Had multiple encounters with black bears, most run away, but there was one who bluff charged and i didn't stick around to find out whether or not it was (i used to live in an area that has a grotesquely large amount of BB's over 400lbs at a garbage site).

Tried to fight a lynx when i was drunk, thing took off :(

Only dogs i've ever had issues with are golden retrievers of all dogs. Literally 90% of them have tried to bite me or have succeeded in it. Pits, rotties, dobies, nothing has ever been but friendly to me. No idea why GR's though..

While in Australia, I wrecked on a motorbike, and was immobilized, with my foot stuck in between two large rocks. An Australian funnel web spider (if you read up on them, they are highly venomous, aggressive, and have large fangs that can penetrate a toenail) suddenly appeared by my foot, (my shoe flew off during the accident). Almost as if reading my mind, it arched it's body back, exposing it's fangs, and sunk them both into my big toes nail. My whole foot exploded in pain while the spider hissed, and convulsed as it injected all of its venom into my toenail. This terrifying scene distracted me from the fact that I was laying on top of a bullet ant mound, and a tarantula hawk (wasp) was laying eggs in my kneecap, which looked like a dead tarantula from the accident. For days I laid there trapped, with my foot swollen from the spider, welts all over my back from the bullet ants, and tarantula hawk larva eating their way out of my kneecap.

Just kidding. I got chased by a dog when I was a kid. I just wanted to soup up my story a bit.

1. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten into some fire ants

2. Had a few bee / wasp /yellow jacket stings

3. I got lit up by a jellyfish at Kiawah Island

4. A bird shit on my dress pants as I was walking into a job interview

When I was 6 or so I walked out into my grandma's backyard, and unbeknownst to me, there was a rottweiler my uncle had recently gotten. The fucking thing lunged at me and I dodged it ala Silva v Stephan Bonnar, which made the dog run into a brick wall head first (didn't really phase it). Got chased around the back yard (probably did 3 laps around the damn place) while screaming/crying. Grandma finally came out and unleashed a pretty wicked combo on the dog via rolled up newspaper.

Don't have shit.

Beautiful thing escaping the food chain.

I was sitting in my treestand bowhunting for deer when a great horned owl landed about 20 yards away. I was well camoflauged and was content just watching it hunt mice or whatever. This bird, however, had different plans. It must have seen my eyes or realized I didn't belong, so it starts head nodding at me trying to get me to move. I remained fixed like a statue. This game of peekaboo last about 5-10 minutes. All of a sudden, the owl lights out from the tree on a beeline for me. My plan was to simply grab my bow and arrow and just put it in front of me like a shield or a skewer, whatever. However, this thing closed the gap before I get my bow in my hands. Fight or flight? No pun intended. I had no choice but to unload teh jab on this talon laced critter. I landed a fairly solid shot and the owl veered away and landed about ten feet behind me. The heart was thumpin. It took another 5 minutes for this head bobbing psychotic bird to decide I wasn't a snack or another beast to contend with and it flew off. First and only time this has ever happened to me or anyone I know. Owls kind of give me the creeps now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back