Scariest experiences involving animals

When I was about 9 I was at a wildlife park and a kangaroo went after me, fucking thing was about as big as me too. Started slapping me around the head and chest, i shat bricks and started running and crying, scary stuff.

Oh, I've got a bunch of these. You guys want to hear about snakes, insects, birds or what? I've had absolutely terrifying experiences with cobras, vipers, giant rhinoceros beetles, swarms of moths, swarms of termites, bats, etc...

Do one about bugs.

I was cleaning my third floor apartment one night and had a window open; a bat flew in. I'm not afraid of bats but having one fly around your apartment is unsettling. It was flying a pattern down the hall, again and again and again, so I opened up the window all the way, hoping it would fly out.

Not only did it not fly out, two more flew in. Now I have three bats flying a pattern down the hall and back again, over and over, like a furry fighter squadron.

I considered just taking my tennis racket and ending it, but figured that would be pretty messy, so I opened my bedroom door, opened my bedroom window, and grabbed a blanket. I went to the living room and blocked their way in with the blanket, and slowly closed the area where they could fly, walking with my blanket wall until I had them corralled in my bedroom, and closed that door. I checked an hour later and they were gone.

For about a year I was nervous I'd find some kind of horrible bat nest in my bedroom.

2vdf968.jpg

Years and years and years ago my family went to a cottage. It was out first visit, and when we lit a fire in the wood stove we discovered that bats had nested in the chimney. It was pretty horrible.

Got attacked by a pitbull while walking my dog, went to jab but it ran away. (obviously not a game pb)

Most of my friends from college were born and raised in Africa. (Kenya, Congo, Ethiopia...etc)
They had some of the best stories. Including a green mamba just slithering in between a group of people talking.
A full grown Chimpanzee going ape shit in front of their house, hopping on the cars and just flipping out.

They said no lions or big predators anything like that... but lots of Hippos just getting pissed off and beefing.

When I was two I was attacked by a Rottweiler. Ripped my face apart, nose dangling and shit.

Ended up getting reconstructive surgery in the fifth grade. Had over 100 stitches in my face on two occasions.

damn....sorry to hear.

show us your face

I got chased by a dog once.

Was chased by stampeding cows once when me and a mate of mine where hill walking. Sounds ridiculous and hilarious, and it is tbf, but I read afterwards about guys who have been trampled or killed by cows! Was really strange.

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/Taking-care-around-cows

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...deadly-large-animals-in-britain-a6727266.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...d-dangerous-britains-killer-cows-1776775.html

Not quite a showdown with a rattlesnake or a bear, but that's all I have haha

damn....sorry to hear.

show us your face

I'll go through some family pictures soon and try to find my face after the attack It's really light now thanks to the surgery. The only issue is a scar from the bridge of my nose to my left eyelid. I have to push my eyelid up every now and then.

Was chased by stampeding cows once when me and a mate of mine where hill walking. Sounds ridiculous and hilarious, and it is tbf, but I read afterwards about guys who have been trampled or killed by cows! Was really strange.

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/Taking-care-around-cows

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...deadly-large-animals-in-britain-a6727266.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...d-dangerous-britains-killer-cows-1776775.html

Not quite a showdown with a rattlesnake or a bear, but that's all I have haha

Did your dad die and your uncle start fucking your mom and you coped by hanging out with two slackers?

Trained in Thailand for a couple of months.
Stumbling back to the camp through an alleyway after a big night on the booze, I looked up from my feet and realised I was surrounded by about 7 or 8 mangy, medium sized dogs.
I'd seen similar ones throughout the alleyways during the day, but they usually just sat around not doing much of anything. They're medium sized, golden short furred mongrels that look a bit like dingos.
These ones were clearly aggressive and had formed a semi circle in front of me and were cautiously approaching, all of them giving out a low growl and baring their teeth.
This pretty much jolted me straight back to sobriety.
I stood there thinking basically two things: I REALLY don't want to get bitten by a dog in Thailand, and if I turn my back and run they'll be all over me before I've made it five steps.
I also knew that I'd already frozen up for too long, so I tried to make myself as tall as possible and slowly advance through them, even though I was pretty scared by this point.
They bought this act for about one second, before the dog closest to me lunged, snapping and snarling.
I'm really glad it was just one who made the first move, because I caught it right in the throat with the hardest punt I could give, enough that I lifted the fucker.
It let out a horrible yelp and the rest of the group flinched back whilst I hopped and spun through the gap so I could keep them at my front whilst I went backwards through the alley.
I was expecting them to just rush in and literally dog pile me at any moment, but they slowly followed for about ten meters before simply turning and going off to do whatever it is feral street dogs do in Thailand.

Definitely my scariest moment involving animals, and I live in rural Australia. Probably worth noting that it happened on a full moon, never saw any aggressive behaviour from them aside from that.

Last edited:
i was helping my brother clean up some junk in the woods, i lifted a big piece of plywood and felt something crawl over my hand so i kinda jumped and dropped the board. flipped it over slowly and there was a big black widow on it! ...and hell yeah i smashed that thing!

When I was two I was attacked by a Rottweiler. Ripped my face apart, nose dangling and shit.

Ended up getting reconstructive surgery in the fifth grade. Had over 100 stitches in my face on two occasions.
you wanna know how I got these scars?!

When I was around 6 years old, I was at a friends house in his backyard and we were throwing a baseball back and forth and I proceeded to miss catching it and it went into a bush. Ended up seeing the ball in the back of the bush and proceeded to crawl underneath it to grab the ball when I noticed this droning/buzzing sound. What followed next was me ending up being stung countless times by a hive of bees, I crawled back out and ran for dear life and like the idiot I was ran into his garage only to realize I was being chased. Ran back out of the garage and into his house. Luckily I wasn't allergic to them or I'd have been in major trouble.

Ever since that day I have become deathly afraid of the sound of buzzing from bees, flies or almost any insect who makes that type of noise. I mean so much so that if there is a fly in my room when I go to bed, I'll leave the room and go sleep somewhere else. I end up shaking from the sound which is odd because I know full well flies do not bite or for most species of flies they do not. I really need to see someone about overcoming this phobia because it really puts a damper on things when I notice the noise or even see a bug. Which reminds me of the one time I went boating back when I was around 12 with my neighbors on their boat and we stayed overnight and I was sleeping in one of the bunks when fly kept buzzing around it all night, I stayed up all night crying because of it. God damn I'm such a pansy :|

Imagine being an animal like a giraffe. Where you're so big that when predators bring you down they're eating you while you're still alive.

Hyenas are notorious for this behavior. Unlike their larger rivals, lions, they don't go for the wind pipe or to cover the preys mouth with their own.

Hyenas rip you apart even before you hit the ground. Must be fucking awful.

I saw a special on hyenas recently where they attacked an Eland and its stomach was hanging from its body as it was trying to get away.

They hyenas ripped it to shreds before it hit the ground. Once on the ground they went for the open hole in the stomach and the Eland was just screaming out in pain as it was eaten alive by like 10 hyenas.

Animals are fucking brutal. Can't get much worse than a hyena attack though.

When I was around 6 years old, I was at a friends house in his backyard and we were throwing a baseball back and forth and I proceeded to miss catching it and it went into a bush. Ended up seeing the ball in the back of the bush and proceeded to crawl underneath it to grab the ball when I noticed this droning/buzzing sound. What followed next was me ending up being stung countless times by a hive of bees, I crawled back out and ran for dear life and like the idiot I was ran into his garage only to realize I was being chased. Ran back out of the garage and into his house. Luckily I wasn't allergic to them or I'd have been in major trouble.

Ever since that day I have become deathly afraid of the sound of buzzing from bees, flies or almost any insect who makes that type of noise. I mean so much so that if there is a fly in my room when I go to bed, I'll leave the room and go sleep somewhere else. I end up shaking from the sound which is odd because I know full well flies do not bite or for most species of flies they do not. I really need to see someone about overcoming this phobia because it really puts a damper on things when I notice the noise or even see a bug. Which reminds me of the one time I went boating back when I was around 12 with my neighbors on their boat and we stayed overnight and I was sleeping in one of the bunks when fly kept buzzing around it all night, I stayed up all night crying because of it. God damn I'm such a pansy :|

Same thing happened to me once as kids playing in the woods. We got stung by wasps.

If u put mud on the stings it helps heal it faster.

Shit man, that sucks, my brother got stung like 10 times by a group of wasps he disturbed under a picnic table at the lake, when he was like 7. Most blood curdling scream I've heard in my life, and he's also terrified of stinging insects to this day.

Imagine being an animal like a giraffe. Where you're so big that when predators bring you down they're eating you while you're still alive.

Hyenas are notorious for this behavior. Unlike their larger rivals, lions, they don't go for the wind pipe or to cover the preys mouth with their own.

Hyenas rip you apart even before you hit the ground. Must be fucking awful.

I saw a special on hyenas recently where they attacked an Eland and its stomach was hanging from its body as it was trying to get away.

They hyenas ripped it to shreds before it hit the ground. Once on the ground they went for the open hole in the stomach and the Eland was just screaming out in pain as it was eaten alive by like 10 hyenas.

Animals are fucking brutal. Can't get much worse than a hyena attack though.
dude, have you heard of infanticide? Lions will kill lion cubs of a rival lion pride if they are left without protection. It's fucking brutal. It's on YouTube BTW if you want to see it.

Thankfully nothing too bad.

I was riding my motorcycle around the block just for fun and 2 dogs just look at me and really look like they don't like me, they were leashed up. Some time passed, I turned around and needed to go back that same way, I encountered myself with the 2 dogs again and this time they were without leashes. They chased me with all their might and I was already going pretty quick, as quick as I can go while having some cornering to do. One of them actually took a bite at my ankle and I kicked it with teh jab and floored it.

Back