Scared fighters (like GSP) how do you feel about them.

I think it's healthy for people to admit they're scared. I think it's normal. Emotional honestly is healthy. What is unhealthy is being controlled by that fear. When you're able to overcome fear to get the job done, that's courage.

I'm sure 90% of soldiers are scared before heading into a fire fight. But most do the job in spite of that fear. That's courage.

100% of soldiers are scared. I was scared but chose go act when fired at. The ones not scared you want the fuck out of there since they make bad decisions. Same when I was bouncing. The ones liking and therefore looking for fights were kicked to the curb fast.

The best ones dont like fighting but know how. Those are the ones to be frightened by.

One thing that i always loved about gsp was the fact that he was honest about being afraid. We cant control what we are afraid of, we can only control how we act when we are afraid. Im talking about pre fight mostly, I'm not talking about Bader being scared of rumble, or Starnes running from Nate Quarry, IMO that shit is lame lol. I remember using GSP as a teachable moment for my son, that gsp gets afraid of things just like he does, however, he never let that keep him from being brave. Hell, its not even being courage if you arent afraid IMO.

GSP comes to mind as the best example, hes just a genuine guy overall really.
caraway on tuff comes to mind (pretty cool clip if this topic interests you)
I also remember the stare down for Hendo and page, hendo tried to bro hug because they him because they were good friends, and page had none of it. Hendo seemed visibly shook by it for a moment but as soon as the bell rang he was 100% about that action like he always is.

What do you guys think, and who you got? do you think all fighters have this pre fight fear?
Definitely was expecting a GSP hate thread, but this was anything but that.

100% of soldiers are scared. I was scared but chose go act when fired at. The ones not scared you want the fuck out of there since they make bad decisions. Same when I was bouncing. The ones liking and therefore looking for fights were kicked to the curb fast.

The best ones dont like fighting but know how. Those are the ones to be frightened by.

Thats awesome, thanks for sharing!

Definitely was expecting a GSP hate thread, but this was anything but that.

Lol yeah i think a lot of people were, i dont do hate threads. I think hating on fighters is pathetic. Some fans though lol..god damn they can be hard to NOT hate lol

I don't blame them -- it's what I would do in their shoes.

However, it always mean that I will never see them as being the best fighter ever.

GSP fans clearly aren't the brightest.

that or they have become over sensitve from years of bashing lol. You want to see just how many people DONT read the OP just make a post like this one lol. a lot of them hated before realizing i was showing respect.

I think this extends to everything in everyone's life. Being anxious/nervous/scared is something we all experience in one way or the other and in different amounts for different things. All you can do is decide if it's worth doing/ not doing something in your situation. At the end of the day there are very, very few things in life that you should be THAT worried about.
In the case of GSP, i like that he is honest and not ashamed of talking about something slightly deeper than what the average sportsman talks about. He liked martial arts and fighting but that didn't mean he didn't worry about being (seriously) hurt or (seriously) hurting someone. He isn't the "macho" type usually (and unfortunately) associated with combat sports and yet he was one of the best fighters.

Ruled that he didn't re ingest any steroid? why would they have to rule that unless he failed a test for steroids like I said which is what you're arguing.

<Kpop775>

he did fail a test for steroids, which is why he was suspended...i'm talking about his latest tests...not his previous positive result...his tests since coming back from suspension have only showed long term metabolites...not short term...which supposedly means, no new ingestion of any steroid.

I respect the fact that Jon Jones shit his pants everytime someone mentions the HW division, the wet spot in his pants makes him seem more human imo.

Nothing compared to the wet spot that formed in GSP''s knickers when the Silva fight was floated...

Great post. Thanks for confirming my theory. And thanks for your service. I'm free to bitch about politics because you helped shut down movements that would try to take my freedoms away......Unless you were a sadistic soldier just killing randoms. LOL. No offense. We both know it's true that some soldiers are loose cannons. But considering your rational response, I'm confident that you're one of the majority of good soldiers. God bless you sir.

And you are correct there. Anyone tell you they aint afraid of IEDs are lying. Is the sick sense of humour that gets us through.

i dislike a lot of things about GSP, but him being honest about being afraid, being bullied, and not having confidence until he took up martial arts, that's the realest shit i ever heard a fighter talk about.

what's even more endearing is the fact he said this type of stuff while he was actively competing and the undisputed champion of the world. that takes balls. while everyone else is fronting and posturing like they're savages GSP never pretended to be like that. he was always pretty much an average person. afraid to fight, got bullied, had self confidence issues, no other fighters talk as candidly and honestly about their real feelings than GSP.

i think that part of GSP makes him more relatable than almost any other MMA fighter in history.

Caraway talked about his anxiety on TUF and how it affected his fighting. He mentioned that he saw a professional for it, and all the just bleedtards shat him on for a while for that one, cuz trying to improve your emotional health is a bitch move.

Great post. Thanks for confirming my theory. And thanks for your service. I'm free to bitch about politics because you helped shut down movements that would try to take my freedoms away......Unless you were a sadistic soldier just killing randoms. LOL. No offense. We both know it's true that some soldiers are loose cannons. But considering your rational response, I'm confident that you're one of the majority of good soldiers. God bless you sir.

Thank you for calling me rational, but Im actually an alcoholic idiot. But i do consider myself an ok soldier. So Thanks. Actually. That is common on forums but I really mean it. Thank you.

And you are correct there. Anyone tell you they aint afraid of IEDs are lying. Is the sick sense of humour that gets us through.

If someone says theyre not afraid of ieds. They are retarded. How you handle fear is Another thing.

True! My colleuge and friend shot himself 3 months after return. Our respons: " Oh, he Glocked himself, thats pretty ironic".

Web-based fist bump bro, im here if you wanna chat.

Thank you for calling me rational, but Im actually an alcoholic idiot. But i do consider myself an ok soldier. So Thanks. Actually. That is common on forums but I really mean it. Thank you.

If someone says theyre not afraid of ieds. They are retarded. How you handle fear is Another thing.

True! My colleuge and friend shot himself 3 months after return. Our respons: " Oh, he Glocked himself, thats pretty ironic".

Web-based fist bump bro, im here if you wanna chat.
Hahaha right back at ya. Before patrol my mate would say hey dude you're going to die today, should I tell your mum that you went out like a bitch before I fuck her? hahahaha when we go out I would real serious say Stop! dont walk there, walk anywhere but there....the look on his stupid face

One thing that i always loved about gsp was the fact that he was honest about being afraid. We cant control what we are afraid of, we can only control how we act when we are afraid. Im talking about pre fight mostly, I'm not talking about Bader being scared of rumble, or Starnes running from Nate Quarry, IMO that shit is lame lol. I remember using GSP as a teachable moment for my son, that gsp gets afraid of things just like he does, however, he never let that keep him from being brave. Hell, its not even being courage if you arent afraid IMO.

GSP comes to mind as the best example, hes just a genuine guy overall really.
caraway on tuff comes to mind (pretty cool clip if this topic interests you)
I also remember the stare down for Hendo and page, hendo tried to bro hug because they him because they were good friends, and page had none of it. Hendo seemed visibly shook by it for a moment but as soon as the bell rang he was 100% about that action like he always is.

What do you guys think, and who you got? do you think all fighters have this pre fight fear?
As one troll to another

giphy.gif

Back