Scared fighters (like GSP) how do you feel about them.

When you get put in a cage with someone trying to hurt you, your human flight or fight response kicks in. You either confront the the situation or you run from the situation.

Is normal brehs.

263 LB roided to the gills, K1 champ, beating the likes of Badr Hari,
A knee ifn the face could litterally kill a grown man
wouldnt you be afraid?

Brock-Lesnar-vs-Alistair-Overeem.jpg

I respect the fact that Jon Jones shit his pants everytime someone mentions the HW division, the wet spot in his pants makes him seem more human imo.

While that’s intriguing, it’s absolutely useless without further elaboration.

Then again, it’s Rickson... so unmaterialized mystique is his modus operandi.

Sperging much?

It's a pretty straightforward and uncomplicated statement, and something that is extremely obvious to anyone who is intellectually and emotionally honest (who does stressful things in life).

There is nothing mystical about it.

Last edited:
as a true SherGod I can't relate because I'm never scared but good for him for facing his demons and going to his DARK PLACE
hqdefault.jpg

Sperging much?

It's a pretty straightforward and uncomplicated statement, and something that is extremely obvious to anyone who is intellectually and emotional honest (who does stressful things in life).

There is nothing mystical about it.

Conflating fear and intellect and then saying he is afraid of everything.

It’s Rickson rhetoric. Lmao

What organization do you fight in OP?

pro tip brotha, just read before you post or it makes you look like a fucking tool. This is a topic about respect and love for gsp and others who fight scared. I wont hold it against you sherbro, just do better moving forward and have a great day

One thing that i always loved about gsp was the fact that he was honest about being afraid. We cant control what we are afraid of, we can only control how we act when we are afraid. Im talking about pre fight mostly, I'm not talking about Bader being scared of rumble, or Starnes running from Nate Quarry, IMO that shit is lame lol. I remember using GSP as a teachable moment for my son, that gsp gets afraid of things just like he does, however, he never let that keep him from being brave. Hell, its not even being courage if you arent afraid IMO.

GSP comes to mind as the best example, hes just a genuine guy overall really.
caraway on tuff comes to mind (pretty cool clip if this topic interests you)
I also remember the stare down for Hendo and page, hendo tried to bro hug because they him because they were good friends, and page had none of it. Hendo seemed visibly shook by it for a moment but as soon as the bell rang he was 100% about that action like he always is.

What do you guys think, and who you got? do you think all fighters have this pre fight fear?

A lot of guys have talked about pre-fight nerves.

Frank Mir said he projectile vomited into a trash can when he got the 10 minute warning before he needed to walkout for the first Brock fight.

pro tip brotha, just read before you post or it makes you look like a fucking tool. This is a topic about respect and love for gsp and others who fight scared. I wont hold it against you sherbro, just do better moving forward and have a great day

You know what you were doing with the title, you wanted attention.

One thing that i always loved about gsp was the fact that he was honest about being afraid. We cant control what we are afraid of, we can only control how we act when we are afraid. Im talking about pre fight mostly, I'm not talking about Bader being scared of rumble, or Starnes running from Nate Quarry, IMO that shit is lame lol. I remember using GSP as a teachable moment for my son, that gsp gets afraid of things just like he does, however, he never let that keep him from being brave. Hell, its not even being courage if you arent afraid IMO.

GSP comes to mind as the best example, hes just a genuine guy overall really.
caraway on tuff comes to mind (pretty cool clip if this topic interests you)
I also remember the stare down for Hendo and page, hendo tried to bro hug because they him because they were good friends, and page had none of it. Hendo seemed visibly shook by it for a moment but as soon as the bell rang he was 100% about that action like he always is.

What do you guys think, and who you got? do you think all fighters have this pre fight fear?
GSP is a point fighter and he ducks real challenges. I don't really respect him to be honest. And I was a huge fan.

You know what you were doing with the title, you wanted attention.

no man i didnt want attention i wanted views on the thread, who makes a post and doesnt want people to come post in it? All you had to do was read the OP and realize i was being genuine. LMAO there was nothing trollish about this post in anyway. The only way it could have been taken like that is if you didnt read the post. did you notice he didn't have a response other than to like my post right?

i put GSP in the title because hes the best example of it and he just retired yesterday. I was riding to work thinking about how much i loved watching him fight and this was one of the thoughts i had so i posted it when i got to work lol.

Oh yes, the fight he failed tests for before and after the fight. Ok brah

he didn't fail any tests....it was ruled by both usada and wada, that jones' didn't re ingest any steroid...that was from previous use...now, whether you believe them or not, is up to you.

Back