Scared fighters (like GSP) how do you feel about them.

I wouldn't think of GSP as a scared fighter, just tactical and not wanting to play outside his comfort zone when he knows his biggest strength is his opponents biggest weakness. I don't think any fighter is 'scared' but Overeem and Gus, with that turn-away-flinching-and-literally-running-away-from-punches style sure do come across like they are.

honestly, did you read the OP or just post? This is about PRE fight stuff. GSP has said many times he gets scared. So scared he had to see a sports psychologist to get his mind ready to go to war. He is the poster boy for sacred fighters. that also makes him one of the bravest men around. For both being brave enough to fight and to admit it.

Georges SHOOK pierre

exactly the type of respone i was looking for. I can imagine man, he had to fight JDS and PRIME brock. GOD DAMN!

Took me a minute to find the interview. This is 8 minutes but if you just listen to the first few minutes you will get the explanation of what its like on fight day for some guys and its exactly as you have detailed in the OP. Mir says he questions his career choices when he's 24 hours out from a fight, he can't sleep, he can't eat, and he feels like shit.

GSP went out as the GOAT and with 2 belts. I dont think anyone else will ever do it now that the sport is evolving

Its good he said what alot of fighters are afraid to say. A shining example of how to overcome and be brave in the face of fear and anxiety. We all know hes afraid but we can see him get through it. Its beautiful,man.

Anxiety and fear is part of being human. These fighters are no different from us.. it's just that they accept it and dont let these emotions break them.

While that’s intriguing, it’s absolutely useless without further elaboration.

Then again, it’s Rickson... so unmaterialized mystique is his modus operandi.
Anything Rickson says is to be worshipped adored and followed without hesitation,regardless of context.

Bader scared of Rumble? Sorry but Rumble would have gotten taken down and dominated.

I wouldn't think of GSP as a scared fighter, just tactical and not wanting to play outside his comfort zone when he knows his biggest strength is his opponents biggest weakness. I don't think any fighter is 'scared' but Overeem and Gus, with that turn-away-flinching-and-literally-running-away-from-punches style sure do come across like they are.

This thread is about how GSP said himself that he is scared of every fight.

This is not just a claim made from someone.

One thing that i always loved about gsp was the fact that he was honest about being afraid. We cant control what we are afraid of, we can only control how we act when we are afraid. Im talking about pre fight mostly, I'm not talking about Bader being scared of rumble, or Starnes running from Nate Quarry, IMO that shit is lame lol. I remember using GSP as a teachable moment for my son, that gsp gets afraid of things just like he does, however, he never let that keep him from being brave. Hell, its not even being courage if you arent afraid IMO.

GSP comes to mind as the best example, hes just a genuine guy overall really.
caraway on tuff comes to mind (pretty cool clip if this topic interests you)
I also remember the stare down for Hendo and page, hendo tried to bro hug because they him because they were good friends, and page had none of it. Hendo seemed visibly shook by it for a moment but as soon as the bell rang he was 100% about that action like he always is.

What do you guys think, and who you got? do you think all fighters have this pre fight fear?

Starnes ran from quarry in some sort of dispute with the ufc...like a protest of sorts...he wasn't scared.

One thing that i always loved about gsp was the fact that he was honest about being afraid. We cant control what we are afraid of, we can only control how we act when we are afraid. Im talking about pre fight mostly, I'm not talking about Bader being scared of rumble, or Starnes running from Nate Quarry, IMO that shit is lame lol. I remember using GSP as a teachable moment for my son, that gsp gets afraid of things just like he does, however, he never let that keep him from being brave. Hell, its not even being courage if you arent afraid IMO.

GSP comes to mind as the best example, hes just a genuine guy overall really.
caraway on tuff comes to mind (pretty cool clip if this topic interests you)
I also remember the stare down for Hendo and page, hendo tried to bro hug because they him because they were good friends, and page had none of it. Hendo seemed visibly shook by it for a moment but as soon as the bell rang he was 100% about that action like he always is.

What do you guys think, and who you got? do you think all fighters have this pre fight fear?

I am afraid of stupid threads, I must leave this one now as I am Michael Myers like scared.

Bader scared of Rumble? Sorry but Rumble would have gotten taken down and dominated.

dude you realize they fought right? and bader got KTFO after diving for a single from accross the cage in under 3 minutes. come on bro

Jones is the most scared fighter of them all, hes failed more drug tests then anyone hes too afraid to fight clean.

both usada and wada both said he was clean for gus' 2nd fight...didn't seem scared to me...

Back