Scared fighters (like GSP) how do you feel about them.

he didn't fail any tests....it was ruled by both usada and wada, that jones' didn't re ingest any steroid...that was from previous use...now, whether you believe them or not, is up to you.
Ruled that he didn't re ingest any steroid? why would they have to rule that unless he failed a test for steroids like I said which is what you're arguing.

<Kpop775>

Nah you were being a fool don’t blame that on anyone but you.
Stating that GSP ducked Whittaker, would lose to Woodley and Is currently only taking good stylistic matchups isn’t being a fool it’s spoiling his nuthuggers fantasy.

GSP is more of a cerebral fighter and tactician and less of a fearless, yolo guy.

Fear is natural, every fighter has it to some extent. Some deal with it well by facing it head on and some not as well.
well said. It's a fight for fuck sakes anything can happen you're going to war

One thing that i always loved about gsp was the fact that he was honest about being afraid. We cant control what we are afraid of, we can only control how we act when we are afraid. Im talking about pre fight mostly, I'm not talking about Bader being scared of rumble, or Starnes running from Nate Quarry, IMO that shit is lame lol. I remember using GSP as a teachable moment for my son, that gsp gets afraid of things just like he does, however, he never let that keep him from being brave. Hell, its not even being courage if you arent afraid IMO.

GSP comes to mind as the best example, hes just a genuine guy overall really.
caraway on tuff comes to mind (pretty cool clip if this topic interests you)
I also remember the stare down for Hendo and page, hendo tried to bro hug because they him because they were good friends, and page had none of it. Hendo seemed visibly shook by it for a moment but as soon as the bell rang he was 100% about that action like he always is.

What do you guys think, and who you got? do you think all fighters have this pre fight fear?
You average 16 posts per day, 7 days a week? Sheesh ...

You average 16 posts per day, 7 days a week? Sheesh ...

whats your point lol? I recently got promoted and work at a desk with plenty of free time. I also respond to people if they quote me, that's how conversations work right? I usually START one or maybe two threads a day and they get a lot of responses. Are you some sort of post police or something? Do i have to pay a fine? I could see your point if i had thousands more messages than i do likes but thats not the case now is it.

cool av btw

Last time I took the GSP bait I was gifted a yellow card after his nuthuggers rage reported me.
Not doing that again.
That's cray. Can never trust those Canucks, always scheming to take over the world and ban solid posters. We have seen their ways before.
latest

Didn't read the OP, but basically, I feel disappointed that I didn't get to watch the fights I wanted to watch because certain fighters started to cherry pick. Damn shame.

Didn't read the OP, but basically, I feel disappointed that I didn't get to watch the fights I wanted to watch because certain fighters started to cherry pick. Damn shame.

yeah you should have read the OP lol. Your response was way off base because of it. The thread was about fighters beign scared pre fight. not about being scared to take fights

props for keeping it real though lol

Being scared in a fight is a good thing; it means you’re smart, have great survival instincts, fear keeps you aware, gets the adrenaline pumping, norepinephrine starts firing, you become laser focused as your brain and body believe it’s a matter of life and death and it’s either kill or be killed, you become alert and tactical. You are ready to go. Being fearless in a fight, scientifically speaking, means you’re an idiot.

Last edited:
One thing that i always loved about gsp was the fact that he was honest about being afraid. We cant control what we are afraid of, we can only control how we act when we are afraid. Im talking about pre fight mostly, I'm not talking about Bader being scared of rumble, or Starnes running from Nate Quarry, IMO that shit is lame lol. I remember using GSP as a teachable moment for my son, that gsp gets afraid of things just like he does, however, he never let that keep him from being brave. Hell, its not even being courage if you arent afraid IMO.

GSP comes to mind as the best example, hes just a genuine guy overall really.
caraway on tuff comes to mind (pretty cool clip if this topic interests you)
I also remember the stare down for Hendo and page, hendo tried to bro hug because they him because they were good friends, and page had none of it. Hendo seemed visibly shook by it for a moment but as soon as the bell rang he was 100% about that action like he always is.

What do you guys think, and who you got? do you think all fighters have this pre fight fear?

I think it's healthy for people to admit they're scared. I think it's normal. Emotional honestly is healthy. What is unhealthy is being controlled by that fear. When you're able to overcome fear to get the job done, that's courage.

I'm sure 90% of soldiers are scared before heading into a fire fight. But most do the job in spite of that fear. That's courage.

yeah you should have read the OP lol. Your response was way off base because of it. The thread was about fighters beign scared pre fight. not about being scared to take fights

props for keeping it real though lol

Decided to read it after all.

I was expecting this to be a hate thread, and was pleasantly surprised. I would guess a lot more fighters than will admit it are scared before they fight.
Another example is Carla Esparza. She looks ready to puke standing in the cage, then comes out and gets after it once the bell sounds. Most others mentioned in this thread have at least visibly shut down their fear by the time they walk out to the cage.

Being scarred in a fight is a good thing; it means you’re smart, have great survival instincts, fear keeps you aware, gets the adrenaline pumping, norepinephrine starts firing, you become laser focused as your brain and body believe it’s a matter of life and death and it’s either kill or be killed, you become alert and tactical. You are ready to go. Being fearless in a fight, scientifically speaking, means you’re an idiot.

amazing response

I was expecting this to be a hate thread, and was pleasantly surprised. I would guess a lot more fighters than will admit it are scared before they fight.
Another example is Carla Esparza. She looks ready to puke standing in the cage, then comes out and gets after it once the bell sounds. Most others mentioned in this thread have at least visibly shut down their fear by the time they walk out to the cage.

thanks for taking the time to read it though lol. Plenty just bashed me for hate without reading one word lol. Good example too she does have that "please dont shit in my pants" look lol

Back