Satisfaction With Democracy Hits Record Lows in US and UK

Are you satisfied with the state of democracy in your home country?

• Total voters
Democracy can never work in a multicultural society. History has proven this, while men such as Aristotle wrote about it thousands of years ago.

Aristotle was not a proponent of democracy. He thought all barbarians should be slave while only some of the Greeks should have political rights. Not exactly the figure I would invoke as enlightening in this particular case (though he is in numerous others)

You have the power. Be the change you want to see.

Lol.

Let's say we have a five person "Republic." People 1-4 get one vote each. Person 5 gets five votes. Of course, people 1-4 can change the system... they just have to get Person 5 to vote with them.

Would you call the Democracy?

Ha, I guess no more voting for AOC.

Don't be an idiot.

She's clearly referring to the 3 elected offices of federal government: the Senate, the House, and the Presidency.

The fact that people are taking that and saying it means she doesn't know the three branches of government speaks to the shamelessness and bad faith of the right.

Don't be an idiot.

She's clearly referring to the 3 elected offices of federal government: the Senate, the House, and the Presidency.

The fact that people are taking that and saying it means she doesn't know the three branches of government speaks to the shamelessness and bad faith of the right.

AOC is an idiot. Plain and simple. Even if she did just misspeak here

she’s got a long track record.

How about the US where we haven't had a "democratically elected" Republican PotUS since 1988, and yet they manage to have a 5-4 majority on the Supreme Court??
We have a Democratic Republic, not a Democracy

You could also look at the Preisdential voting by county, and see that trend

A Democrat couldn't be "in Trump's place" because Democrats have won the popular vote in every PotUS election except one dating back to 1992.

Seriously, think about the current state of our national policies-- and try to reconcile that with the fact that it has been 31 years since a new Republican PotUS took office by winning the most votes from the citizens of America.

In 2004 Kerry was within 100,000 votes of winning the electoral college while losing the popular vote by 2M

If that had happened we probably would have had bipartisan support to make at least some tweaks to the Electoral College.

But alas, here we are

Why do we pretend to have any control? Until we limit entire corporations contributions to campaigns at under $1000 our voters dont really matter.

They need to limit every business and person's contributions to somewhere around a grand and then maybe people will start believing again.

Corporate capture is real.

In 2004 Kerry was within 100,000 votes of winning the electoral college while losing the popular vote by 2M

If that had happened we probably would have had bipartisan support to make at least some tweaks to

George Bush and John Kerry belonged to the same frat at Yale. You were literally voting for one of two members of the same frat house who were brothers in a secret society.

Let the illusion of choice sink in.

Lol.

Let's say we have a five person "Republic." People 1-4 get one vote each. Person 5 gets five votes. Of course, people 1-4 can change the system... they just have to get Person 5 to vote with them.

Would you call the Democracy?
Why no problems with the EC before Nov 2016?

Politicians only care about their career and money. Every single one of them. They don't give a crap about the greater good.

Too much influence on the system. Too much money involved, too much lobbying.

I have zero faith in the system.

how many millions voted for trudeau just because he's @Revolver -level hot?

Lol, are you 12?

You don't remember George W. Bush?
And yet you weren’t crying about the EC on here until Nov 2016. It’s okay to admit you didn’t even know.

It's hilarious you guys can spend literally trillions on bombing and killing in Iraq and Afghanistan but when asked about using money to educate citizen taking on 20-30k in student debt or giving health care the powers at be continually say "but who's gonna pay for it?!?"

That should tell you all you need to know about democracy.

And yet you weren’t crying about the EC on here until Nov 2016. It’s okay to admit you didn’t even know.
I didn't have an account until 2016... how was I supposed to complain on here before that?

You're the one who came at me trying to be all Constitutional. Five posts later you're spamming gifs.

Oh, well.

Just remember: You have the power. Be the change you want to see.

You're the one who came at me trying to be all Constitutional. Five posts later you're spamming gifs.

Oh, well.

Just remember: You have the power. Be the change you want to see.
I’m not the one crying about the “racist” EC. ;)

I’m not the one crying about the “racist” EC. ;)

Accuse liberals of being obsessed with race while always being the first person to mention race.

Classic conservative move.

Democracy in the UK? Give me a break. As long as that family of inbred Germans rule the country and the House of Lords stands there will be no Democracy in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back