Sasha Baron Cohen no longer laughing. Roy Moore's case against him proceeds

You are sounding just like the people who try to get Project Veritas sued.
Which video in project Veritas was doctored to paint somebody as a racist or pedo? The videos that I've seen show actual recorded statements from people. In regards to what would be admissible in court that's a different discussion.

Which video in project Veritas was doctored to paint somebody as a racist or pedo? The videos that I've seen show actual recorded statements from people. In regards to what would be admissible in court that's a different discussion.

oooooo...so its only slanderous when its accusations of racist or pedo. Anything else is fair?

Why does the distribution size of the claim determine whether it is free speech? Especially in today's digital world, there isn't a clear distinction between an individual talking shit online, and a formal slander. Like if I make a Tiktok video of me screaming "Bill Clinton is a rapist" and it goes viral and gets 4 million views, is that slander? But if it only gets 10 views its fine? Half the country has called Roy Moore a pedophile. Do you think they should all be silenced?

You're operating on a false premise though, because slander does not fall under free speech. If you don't like your neighbor, you can't just spread lies about them being a pedophile to the neighborhood. You can't call his employer and claim he's the Zodiac killer.

As for if you would be liable for a slander lawsuit in your Clinton example, it would all depend if they took action or not. He'd probably at the very least have a case, especially if he decides that your claims have caused him personal damages.

Free speech does have it's limits, and slander is one of them.

Republicans defending a pedophile just like that just because he's on their side.
yeah..... to people non-spell bound to a political party......its kind of the same thing that dems were doing over pizzagate......except of course that was a waaaay more heinous situation.....

fry the diddlers no matter what their political leanings are

and shame on those that would look the other way because of politics

Watch the video again. SBC clearly stated the wand was malfunctioning and he was "not" calling Roy Moore a sex offender.

Roy explicitly lied in that clip when he said there was never a accusation against him. That is simply not true. He had at least 9 accusations of sexual assault and sexual harassment made against him at the time of the video.

Also, for slander to be punishable it needs to be determined that the subject had "a good reputation" to damage.

Gonna be difficult in Roys case.

This is a slam-dunk case where Roy gets public humiliation again with a dismissal or a 1-dollar award.

I've already called Biden a pedo.
Now I'm calling him a demented pedo.

If you have a line with HBO and can get me to say it to his face in front of millions of viewers, I'll do that too. I am always going to side with free speech. Sacha Baron Cohen has the right to make fun of Roy Moore and call him names, and has the right to produce videos making fun of Roy Moore.
Ahh got it you've abandoned logic and reason. So you are just going to continue the false comparison that nobody online making a statement is the same as
oooooo...so its only slanderous when its accusations of racist or pedo. Anything else is fair?
huh? you still pretending SBC’s show where he dupes people, edits and distorts the content to paint a false picture In order to damage someone’s character as the same as a hidden video of normal business being conducted?

Are there any damages Roy Moore can claim against Cohen?
Seems like this case is hinging on that fact that Roy signed a release he is now claiming was obtain under fraud.

Ahh got it you've abandoned logic and reason. So you are just going to continue the false comparison that nobody online making a statement is the same as
Why should SBC lose his first amendment rights just because he is famous? Half of the country has called Roy Moore a pedophile. There was like a whole month where its all we talked about.

huh? you still pretending SBC’s show where he dupes people, edits and distorts the content to paint a false picture In order to damage someone’s character as the same as a hidden video of normal business being conducted?

No. I'm saying your arguments are the same as theirs. They are accusing Project Veritas of misleading them, baiting them, and then selectively editing them. You are saying the same thing about SBC.

I know when I get together with my white friends, this is all we talk about. We say the N word over and over and pass around cartoon pics of Obama. Its all we do. Well, when we're not shooting off guns and giving each other mullet haircuts, of course.

Based on your posting history this is pretty believable actually.

You forgot your favorite past time of shooting at black kids looking for directions.

Roy Moore is human garbage and Cohen is the most overrated “comedian “ of all time. Makes Dane cook look funny.
Let them fight.

Are you kidding me? Is that what happened? Did Sacha Cohen simply make a post online calling Roy a pedo? Oh I must have been confused and thought he wore makeup and made a mock video with the sole intent to slander him. Oh nice comparison pal.
Cohen's viewers wouldn't mistake his segments for anything other than what they are. They know the whole point is to rile up or fluster the guest for laughs.

Comedians have always lampooned people , do really think it's a good idea to go down this road , he's Borat FFS

He doesn't claim to be a news outlet
In his Ali G days nearly everything was harmless and not malicious. I think painting pictures of people as Pedo and racists through editing, misleading and cutting is a different issue. I can't stand Moore but I don't want to see a world where people set up and dupe people left and right.

Surprised it didn't got thrown out. Trying to claim someone is a pedophile just because you have different political ideologies than them is horrible and I'm glad to see some justice being served.

Using a ‘detector’ that beeps near a pedophile is a complete joke.

Larry Flynt won a case in which his defense was that his ridicule was so preposterous, that no reasonable person could take it seriously.

Back